Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) - Page 11

Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

This is a discussion on Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; you can always tell when something is stupid when the youtube vid has comments disabled.... That glock gadget is a waste of peoples time and ...

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

Distinguished Member
    you can always tell when something is stupid when the youtube vid has comments disabled....

That glock gadget is a waste of peoples time and energy
    radelahunt likes this.

Distinguished Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Would be worth a try, for sure.
    "The great object is that every man be armed."
    Patrick Henry

NRA Patron Member
    USCG Veteran

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Has anyone preordered one of these? It looks like they'll be shipping before the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Coconut's Avatar
    I like the idea, I just don't want to risk the proven reliability of my Glock for an unproven and redundant aftermarket safety. I'll let others be the guinea pigs.
    2ndunamended likes this.
    You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Has anyone preordered one of these? It looks like they'll be shipping before the end of the year.
    No, but I HAVE carried a GLOCK 19 every day for over a decade withOUT one. Guess it's just good luck (and making sure my trigger-finger is firmly placed against the right/front edge of the trigger guard) when reholstering. I imagine the BEST WAY to assure I don't shoot myself is to...go unarmed.
    2ndunamended likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I like the idea, I just don't want to risk the proven reliability of my Glock for an unproven and redundant aftermarket safety. I'll let others be the guinea pigs.
    It's been extensively tested by many prominent firearms guys including Craig Douglas. He has one on his sim glocks that he uses in ECQC. It's been years in the making. I had my doubts originally but there aren't any downsides to it. Worst case scenario is that it breaks. Even if it breaks your gun still functions exactly the same, you just lose the safety.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I don't like this idea. You're required to be on it continuously to ensure that it works...not very safe, IMO. I think that the SIDERLOCK is a better option for those wanting to add an after market safety option.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array Coconut's Avatar
    It's been extensively tested by many prominent firearms guys including Craig Douglas. He has one on his sim glocks that he uses in ECQC. It's been years in the making. I had my doubts originally but there aren't any downsides to it. Worst case scenario is that it breaks. Even if it breaks your gun still functions exactly the same, you just lose the safety.
    It depends on the quality of the production (not prototype) part. A Glock won't fire without the slide backplate, so before I try it, I'd like to see several thousand Joe Bobs messing with it without catastrophic failure.
    2ndunamended likes this.
    You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    I don't like this idea. You're required to be on it continuously to ensure that it works...not very safe, IMO. I think that the SIDERLOCK is a better option for those wanting to add an after market safety option.
    It's only purpose is as a safety while reholstering. Seems to be marketed towards appendix guys. Especially considering the creator is one of the guys who started the appendix revolution as we know it now.

My CZ's and Sig solved the unsafe glock issue.

The real story here is some citizen is following his dream of designing, manufacturing, and selling a product. Small business; the engine of America.
    2ndunamended likes this.
    Joe was right.

What I wonder is, What happens if something does act like your finger and puts pressure on the trigger and once holstered you release this device? At this point there should still be pressure on the trigger and trigger safety, will the trigger be tripped and the striker fall?

Too much device and not enough training.
    In training you'll have enough screw ups (hopefully not fatal) to learn what you NEED to pay attention to.
    Forget the device and get to training.

Good luck.
    2ndunamended likes this.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSAM View Post
    What I wonder is, What happens if something does act like your finger and puts pressure on the trigger and once holstered you release this device? At this point there should still be pressure on the trigger and trigger safety, will the trigger be tripped and the striker fall?

Too much device and not enough training.
    In training you'll have enough screw ups (hopefully not fatal) to learn what you NEED to pay attention to.
    Forget the device and get to training.

Good luck.
    If something presses on the trigger you will feel it pushing against your thumb. Once you feel pressure you should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    The Sliderlock is not ambidextrous, and it forces you to touch the trigger in order to go from "safe" to "fire." Quite possibly one of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

The biggest issue I see with the Gadget is that it prevents you from forcing the slide into battery for a contact shot.

If you are concerned about the safety of a Glock (or any other striker fired gun that lacks a thumb safety) then perhaps you should...buy a gun with a thumb safety. It is a real concern...I am very, very deliberate when I holster one of my Glocks. For duty use, where you might be trying to holster the gun while trying to handcuff a suspect, I can see where a gun with a thumb safety might be preferable.
    2ndunamended likes this.
    The number of people killed because they didn't have "enough gun" is dwarfed by those who had none at all.

Todd Green passed away recently. I imagine the gadget idea went with him. He will be missed in the community.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

Senior Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VodoundaVinci View Post
    I carry Appendix and I'll put one of these on my Glocks. I put my thumb there anyway when I holster during training so it'll just be a redundant safety and one more layer between me and an unknown item that might get into the trigger guard while holstering.

I like it.

VooDoo
    why you put your thumb there when re holstering a Glock ???????? all you are going to get is a broken thumb plus the bullet some place in your body.
    I know Jesus and I talk to God.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links