Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) - Page 17

Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

This is a discussion on Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 16 pages, for this?...

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 256
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

  1. #241
    Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,429
    16 pages, for this?
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

  2. #242
    Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    16 pages, for this?
    There's a 2,000 post thread on another website about it. This ones still an infant :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OD* and tmoore912 like this.

  3. #243
    Senior Member Array Erich1B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    538
    I humbly bow, three times in your general direction. I could not do that Sir.................!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    I can now produce a two inch grouping full mag dump with my G17 at 1,000 yards. Off hand.
    drift likes this.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.

    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #244
    Senior Member Array dripster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...-device#/story

    These things will probably sell like hot cakes. I also have a feeling that Glock will end up having to put these on their guns.
    Skip that at over 80 dollars a pop. I can do the same thing for free, not put my finger on the bang switch.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; March 18th, 2017 at 06:41 PM.
    One more step and it's on!

  6. #245
    Senior Member Array tmoore912's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Coast of Georgia
    Posts
    1,003
    Good video about the Striker Control Device/Gadget from Joe @ NRApubs


    PEF, OD* and heymarv like this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

  7. #246
    Member Array heymarv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX area
    Posts
    187
    Ha, you could probably condense all of the pro-Gadget arguments in this thread into that video. Short, succinct, well-stated!
    OD* likes this.

  8. #247
    New Member Array tcecil88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    At the corner of IN, OH & KY
    Posts
    6
    You would think that after a year and a half, if these gadgets were going to become the norm, they would have done it by now. If people want to install one of these on their Glocks to make them feel safe, more power to them. The bottom line is, and I carry Glocks every day, if you keep your finger off the trigger and pay attention to what you are doing when you are reholstering, an AD or ND will not happen.
    d2jlking likes this.

  9. #248
    Member Array heymarv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX area
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by tcecil88 View Post
    You would think that after a year and a half, if these gadgets were going to become the norm, they would have done it by now. If people want to install one of these on their Glocks to make them feel safe, more power to them. The bottom line is, and I carry Glocks every day, if you keep your finger off the trigger and pay attention to what you are doing when you are reholstering, an AD or ND will not happen.
    With all due respect to the OP, the notion that the Gadget would become standard equipment from the factory is a bit far-fetched. However, from what I've been able to ascertain, they're selling quite well in the limited runs that have been produced. I just wish they were a tad cheaper.

  10. #249
    Senior Member Array forester58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    976
    I guess my question is; where is all this re holstering happening? My gun stays in the holster unless I am actually shooting it. When I am shooting it I pull the single clip holster out before holstering the gun and just IWB the whole package, same as I do for pocket carry in a kydex holster or I wear an OWB holster while shooting. At home its comes out and goes back IWB as a unit so,no, I don't understand any need for this thing at all. Maybe I am doing it wrong? On a belt loop holster I do put thumb on hammer when re holstering my revolver but, its not concealed so is not under clothing.
    "I do not carry a gun so I can impose my will on someone else, I carry a gun so someone else cannot impose their will on me."
    Lynn Givens

  11. #250
    Senior Member Array tmoore912's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Coast of Georgia
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I guess my question is; where is all this re holstering happening? My gun stays in the holster unless I am actually shooting it. When I am shooting it I pull the single clip holster out before holstering the gun and just IWB the whole package, same as I do for pocket carry in a kydex holster or I wear an OWB holster while shooting. At home its comes out and goes back IWB as a unit so,no, I don't understand any need for this thing at all. Maybe I am doing it wrong? On a belt loop holster I do put thumb on hammer when re holstering my revolver but, its not concealed so is not under clothing.
    forester58 this product is not really targeted toward you. It is mainly targeted toward individuals that shoot thousands of rounds a month and train a decent amount. These individuals take firearms training pretty seriously by drawing and holstering their Glocks tens of thousands of times per month and want the added advantage of the SCD when holstering. There is a whole new shooting and training industry built around these individuals. That doesn't mean shooters that don't shoot and train that much could not benefit from the SCD, but it is not really their niche market.
    forester58 likes this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

  12. #251
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    11,274
    Numerous very smart folks once though that television was just a...gadget. I STILL feel that way!
    forester58 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

  13. #252
    Senior Member Array forester58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    forester58 this product is not really targeted toward you. It is mainly targeted toward individuals that shoot thousands of rounds a month and train a decent amount. These individuals take firearms training pretty seriously by drawing and holstering their Glocks tens of thousands of times per month and want the added advantage of the SCD when holstering. There is a whole new shooting and training industry built around these individuals. That doesn't mean shooters that don't shoot and train that much could not benefit from the SCD, but it is not really their niche market.
    OK, I can see that application.
    "I do not carry a gun so I can impose my will on someone else, I carry a gun so someone else cannot impose their will on me."
    Lynn Givens

  14. #253
    Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    606
    In regards to the gadget, For me, the gadget is about admitting that I'm human. Humans make mistakes. I dry fire almost daily and live fire from a holster a few times a month. I feel that I am extremely safe with weapon handling yet I understand that I reholster my firearm hundreds of times per month. The more you handle firearms the more opportunity for a momentary lapse in concentration.

    I'm human. I pray it never happens but I'm not foolish enough to think I could never make a mistake.

    I've also never reholstered a live firearm after a self defense event.

    The above is my reasoning why I chose to get one. They aren't directed at anyone in particular or meant to demean anyone in anyway.

    If people don't want one they shouldn't get one. Lots of people have gone without them for decades and been perfectly fine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #254
    Member Array heymarv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX area
    Posts
    187
    For those that were interested in the Gadget but perhaps needed some more info, or further convincing, here's a recent review of the Gadget done by Jeff Bloovman of Armed Dynamics/Practically Tactical:

    Good video, touches on the 'why' a little bit and some usage as well.

    tmoore912 and graydude like this.

  16. #255
    VIP Member Array drift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,812
    Putting a "hammer" on ... Glock Perfection, is just an incredibly hard sell for me. If I wanted a hammer, I would buy a hammer fired gun. If I wanted a striker with that feature, I would buy a Walther PPS.

    I guess there is some benefit to it.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

glock gadget

,
ndz striker status indicator glock
,
the gadget for glock
,
the gadget for glock for sale
,
todd green gadget scd glock
Click on a term to search for related topics.