Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) - Page 2

Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

This is a discussion on Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sure why not, I can already do this with my Walther PPS and I think you can do this with the Ruger SR line of ...

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

Sure why not, I can already do this with my Walther PPS and I think you can do this with the Ruger SR line of pistols as well.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

well, I see one absolute problem with these.

driving the slide forward when contact shooting. granted- this does not occur very often, but this device basically makes a glock impossible to use as a contact weapon.

no thanks. if Glock does in fact start making these standard OEM equipment.... I won't be buying any more Glocks.

( I know I've seena video demonstrating the technique of driving the back of slide forward to hold it in battery when contact shooting, I can't find it now...)
    glockstar, 10thmtn and Derekw like this.
    "If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting - how many times was that?"

"You cannot control the Enemy. You can control yourself. The Victory lies within."

Distinguished Member Array LeftofMars's Avatar
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    druryj likes this.
    "It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of sumbitch or another." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

personal defense forum dot com

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VodoundaVinci View Post
    I carry Appendix and I'll put one of these on my Glocks. I put my thumb there anyway when I holster during training so it'll just be a redundant safety and one more layer between me and an unknown item that might get into the trigger guard while holstering.

I like it.

VooDoo

If you put one of these on your Glock and holster it, if something interferes with the trigger and you let go with your thumb it is still going to fire as soon as you let go. It is not another safety, it is another part for something to go wrong with.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
    Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    well, I see one absolute problem with these.

driving the slide forward when contact shooting. granted- this does not occur very often, but this device basically makes a glock impossible to use as a contact weapon.

no thanks. if Glock does in fact start making these standard OEM equipment.... I won't be buying any more Glocks.

( I know I've seena video demonstrating the technique of driving the back of slide forward to hold it in battery when contact shooting, I can't find it now...)
    this is not the same video I saw before, nor is it as good, but it does show what I am talking about, though I dislike his thumb method, I like using the heel of the support hand, though I suppose practicing both would be best...

10thmtn and Sidneyious like this.
    "If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting - how many times was that?"

"You cannot control the Enemy. You can control yourself. The Victory lies within."

Distinguished Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I guess I don't understand why I need this. To each their own.
    "60% of the time...it works every time..." -Brian Fantana

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    The designer is Todd Green he has worked for HK, Smith, Sig and Beretta. Todd is a gun writer who tests and shoots thousands of rounds for new guns doing longevity testing.

I know a lot f folks ask "Why should I get that?" As somebody who has put thousands of rounds through Glocks and holsters with the thumb on the back of the gun anyway, this device will greatly help in case of an "UH OOO"
    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Assistant Instructor @ http://www.green-ops.com/ Located in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area "Why should your training be any less special?"

Distinguished Member Array HotBrass45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    If you put one of these on your Glock and holster it, if something interferes with the trigger and you let go with your thumb it is still going to fire as soon as you let go. It is not another safety, it is another part for something to go wrong with.
    That is a good point Bob. Like they say, you can idiot-proof something, but nature always comes up with a bigger idiot.
    Bad Bob and michael t like this.

Distinguished Member Array Chuck808's Avatar
    Some sort of aftermarket device on the gun that interferes with the gun firing. It would be great when you wanted to work, but if it decides to work when you need the trigger to be pulled in the striker to fall, you are a dead man.

I'll pass.
    Derekw likes this.

This product has been a couple of years in the making. For those that follow pistol-forum.com, this is relatively old-hat news. It has been followed by a huge number of members of that forum, so I think the market is there. Not being a Glock shooter, this means little to me, but I can see the desire for such devices. Especially among some more nervous LEAs.
    SWIll and drift like this.

Personally, I dont see a need for this device. Glock pistols have been used now for decades in the military and LE sectors with an excellent record. I certainly would be reluctant to modify the action of such a reliable and safe weapon based on a theoretical. If you don't like a striker fire weapon, simply don't buy a Glock. It's that simple.

I certainly don't forsee Glock making this modification at a factory level, nor endorsing the post-sale modification of their pistols.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Benefactor Member

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    A few unfortunate souls have found out the hard way that the "Safe-Action" trigger is easily defeated by a shirttail. That is why I am not a fan of "no-look" holstering. Still, I have no need for this item.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon at large.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Keep booger picker off bang switch.

Channeling your inner caveman, Dave?
    Velocity is temporary, mass is forever...

Quote Originally Posted by blueronin View Post
    Leave the best damn combat pistol alone!

You mean Beretta 92? Already has a safety.
    Nope not what I meant.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Recon1342 View Post
    Channeling your inner caveman, Dave?
    Always get that way when I have steak and eggs for breakfast.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links