Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) - Page 4

Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

This is a discussion on Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DingBat fair enough. and for the record, I did read the article. ..but... respectfully, you didn't answer my question, has this device ...

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    fair enough. and for the record, I did read the article.

..but... respectfully, you didn't answer my question, has this device been used in contact shooting? yes or no. does it interfere with contact shooting? yes or no.

again, ui'm not even advocating contact shooting, I just want to know.
    I don't know, but that is a very good question. I hadn't had a chance to read your other post was working on the one before that
    DingBat likes this.
    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Assistant Instructor @ http://www.green-ops.com/ Located in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area "Why should your training be any less special?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I have no personal investment in this product nor have I ever worked with any of the inventors. I know Mr. Green to say we are friends would be overstating the truth. I know his skills and abilities and his have seen the product of his classes. His knowledge and skills are high demand in the shooting industry. Products come to market all the time because somebody slapped something together and said this will revolutionize the industry. They end up never being heard from again. Just like many products come to market and people go say not for me. If that's the case then so be it don't buy it. From time to time there are products that come to market that enhance a product or a technique. I will honeslty say this adds a layer of safety to the most dangerous part of carrying a gun for self defense. The reholstering process. Take seatbelts in cars. Eventually the Lawyers got a hold of it and now eveyr car has seat belts. After seeing these and knowing who is testing these and under what conditions this has positive potential. Who knows maybe the potential is GLOCK purchasing it for millions of dollars just so it doesn't come to market. Many big companies do that all the time. With AIWB becoming ever so popular I definitely see potential in this.

The only reason I added my two previous posts is that the folks that POO POOed appeared to not even read the article.

On a side note, I'm a Econ guy, and this is America. If people/and departments see the benefits in this good, I certainly don't think it should be forced on anybody.

Dingbat this does not move the slide it moves the striker out of battery on a striker fired pistol. Typically when you reholster a gun your thumb should go on the back of the pistol anyway, incase you something like a string clothing or even your holster ends up in front of the trigger. This device makes it so even if you do everything right finger off trigger and such, but something gets inbetween your trigger when you push down in to the holster your gun doesn't discharge.

Accidental shooting for awkward reholstering situations

which caused this

Or if you wear pull strings
    The second you let pressure off of this device and the striker goes to set it will go forward and fire, as the trigger is depressed and all 3 of the passive safeties have been bypassed by the trigger being depressed. Am I wrong? If so please explain.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
    Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
    Amen

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    The second you let pressure off of this device and the striker goes to set it will go forward and fire, as the trigger is depressed and all 3 of the passive safeties have been bypassed by the trigger being depressed. Am I wrong? If so please explain.
    Bad Bob,

I don't know the answer to your question. You would have to ask the guys that invented it.

This may help https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....adget-REVEALED
    DingBat and Bad Bob like this.

Assistant Instructor @ http://www.green-ops.com/ Located in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area "Why should your training be any less special?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    IF you look at the video from what it appears all the device is doing is blocking the striker from moving to the rear, it doesn't push or override any of the Glock safeties.

IF you look at the video from what it appears all the device is doing is blocking the striker from moving to the rear, it doesn't push or override any of the Glock safeties.
    From the link you posted, there will be tactile feel if something is pressing on the trigger, as long as anything pressing on the trigger is remedied before pressure is released it looks like it would be good to go. That being said, I have been carrying Glocks with 3.5# connectors for 5 years and have had no issues, i will not be spending money on it.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
    Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
    Amen

VIP Member
    A solution looking for a problem. How about Don't pull the trigger until you are ready to fire.
    That's how my Glocks function and it seems to work perfectly.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

That's why I carry a Springfield with a grip safety or a Sig. I have done so many adrenaline pumped re-holsters that I don't even remember doing over the years, that I just feel more comfortable with these. Just me.
    “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them.” John Wayne - The Shootist

VIP Member
    From the link you posted, there will be tactile feel if something is pressing on the trigger, as long as anything pressing on the trigger is remedied before pressure is released it looks like it would be good to go. That being said, I have been carrying Glocks with 3.5# connectors for 5 years and have had no issues, i will not be spending money on it.
    It would seem that one may experience resistance when reholstering with the Gadget depressed and when the trigger is obstructed. That may be enough to cause them to stop and prevent a ND.

The have a few patents for anyone that is interested: https://www.google.com/patents/US8528242?dq=20130000173
    Bad Bob likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

VIP Member
    Simple and ingenious. I can't deny that.

Some may want it, others may not. But now people have a choice, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Congrats to the inventors. Nice work.
    CIBMike, DingBat, Bad Bob and 1 others like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Putting a thumb behind the upper receiver of any pistol is a horrible habit.

Adding any device to a pistol that encourages or allows for bad habits is a horrible idea.
    Bad Bob likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CIBMike View Post
    Putting a thumb behind the upper receiver of any pistol is a horrible habit.

Adding any device to a pistol that encourages or allows for bad habits is a horrible idea.
    Putting your thumb when reholstering is actually very smart. Also for close contact shooting resting the thumb behind the pistol and shooting it while your thumb is behind it is taught by many agencies. This insures the gun is in battery. The slide doesn't have the momentum to cause any problem to the shooters thumb, doesn't even have enough engery to move it.

VIP Member

Putting your thumb when reholstering is actually very smart. Also for close contact shooting resting the thumb behind the pistol and shooting it while your thumb is behind it is taught by many agencies. This insures the gun is in battery. The slide doesn't have the momentum to cause any problem to the shooters thumb, doesn't even have enough engery to move it.
    I understand your point about reholstering and I know that it is taught at agencies and fire arms schools.

For myself I would not want to use this method under stress in a contact shoot, a slip or off center thumb is all it would take to become injured.

After watching the video several times I still don't understand the purpose of the feature. Why would you want the gun not to fire only if you have your thumb on the back of the slide?
    Plan Z: Hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by VodoundaVinci View Post
    I carry Appendix and I'll put one of these on my Glocks. I put my thumb there anyway when I holster during training so it'll just be a redundant safety and one more layer between me and an unknown item that might get into the trigger guard while holstering.

I like it.

VooDoo

All this is doing is introducing another failure point.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links