Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) - Page 6

Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

This is a discussion on Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dennis40x I have trouble with those that use the term "Accidental Discharge". Its Negligence pure and simple. Excuses are like rear ends ...

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Revolutionizing the Glock (Gadget)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40x View Post
    I have trouble with those that use the term "Accidental Discharge". Its Negligence pure and simple. Excuses are like rear ends everyone has one.
    I call them whoopsie-daisy discharges myself.
    Sarge65 likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    I carry appendix and would be interested in a proven version of this. As of now it's just another mechanical piece that can malfunction. There's no way Glock will make this oem!
    One moving part, two if you want to count the pin.

No one has broken one in four years of testing. It is indeed particularly good for appendix carry.

They make cars that tell you when your leaving your lane and will even stop for you, all because people aren't responsible for their actions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I think that the SliderLock is a better idea Siderlock ? A Safety for the Glock ? Review | Tactical Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    They make cars that tell you when your leaving your lane and will even stop for you, all because people aren't responsible for their actions.
    So the hammer fired gun guys that reholster with their thumb on the hammer are not responsible for their own actions?
    SWIll likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickBurkhardt View Post
    I think that the SliderLock is a better idea Siderlock ? A Safety for the Glock ? Review | Tactical Survival
    Doesn't seem to have taken off. I can see why.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    It's an option for people that want it. That's why. Very simple, really.
    Yeah, I guess I see your point. Just seems a little ridiculous to me. To each his/her own......

Lon

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
    Yeah, I guess I see your point. Just seems a little ridiculous to me. To each his/her own......

Lon
    Seeing this in person usually makes folks change their mind. "Usually" actually means "every time" in my personal experience. It's so elegantly simple that it goes with the rest of the Glock.

Some folks are so intimidated when others want an extra layer of safety...messing with perfection? Don't need it/want it - don't incorporate it. Want it? Incorporate it. Simple.

Of the 2 folks what I know who carry Glocks that have had a negligent discharge, neither one touched the trigger. An unknown and unforeseen object entered the trigger guard and actuated the trigger under stressful situations. One was a lanyard that holds a card access badge and one was a tail end of a jacket.

The negligent dischargers had their booger hooker off the bang switches *but* negligently discharged the product of Glocks perfection thru unforeseen circumstances. Both folks are highly trained and one shuns pistols with external safeties like the plague.....his safety was between his ears. Until his jacket pulled the trigger as he holstered his pistol and blew a hole thru the floor of a warehouse.

Even if yer perfect you can still mess up. It happens. I'll take all the second chances I can find especially one that does not compromise the weapon it is attached to. Others can count on training or perfection to give them a second chance. I love Glock pistols - they ain't perfect no matter how they are branded or what the slogan touts. Neither am I or any of the others that think it "can't happen to me 'cause I keep my booger hooker off the bang switch"....

VooDoo
    10thmtn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickBurkhardt View Post
    Not ambidextrous, fail.

Requires you to actually touch the trigger, fail.

Bad, bad idea.
    JD and tdave like this.
    The number of people killed because they didn't have "enough gun" is dwarfed by those who had none at all.

Officers have a need to "no look" their pistols into their holsters when cuffing a suspect. With all the gear they carry, and the stupid windbreaker waist drawstrings that always seem to be right above the holster, this looks like a good idea. Stuff gets into the trigger guard. It happens.
    The number of people killed because they didn't have "enough gun" is dwarfed by those who had none at all.

VIP Member
    Had Gaston Glock's team thought of this years ago, today many would rave about the genius of Gaston Glock!

I've read more about this invention today. It's a great option for those that want it, and I don't see a compelling reason NOT to have one (that doesn't mean one should have one, I just don't see any practical drawbacks).

We are not infallible, and we have all read about holstering ND's with various striker-fired guns (many of them Glocks, and many of the people that have them LEO's).

We all make mistakes. The inventors will likely save a few lives in the coming years, but of course nobody will know. We don't read many news stories about successful holstering, do we?

I'm just dang impressed by this...gadget!
    luvmy40, JD and muzzleblast like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

*MANUAL SAFETY KIT (MSK) FOR GLOCK®, Cominolli Custom

Simple, let's you reholster quick and without looking and no chance of ND.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    the best firearms safety in the world is right between your ears......... your brain USE IT ! !

RKM
    It's innovative. I'll give it that.

I carry AIWB in a Raven VG2. There is no possible way to safely one hand, no-look reholster with a VG2. I actually leave the VG2 hooked my belt, but pull it from out of my waistband, snap it over the trigger guard with the gun pointing away from my body, and then put the gun back in my waistband. I find it perfectly safe. If something does get caught in the trigger guard when snapping the VG2 back over the trigger guard, the gun will not be pointed at me. I don't see the need to be able to reholster in .00056 seconds.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links