24/7 range report and Pics

This is a discussion on 24/7 range report and Pics within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I picked up my 24/7 Pro 9mm at the gun show last Friday after work. Hit the range on Saturday. I loaded the first ...

Thread: 24/7 range report and Pics

24/7 range report and Pics

So, I picked up my 24/7 Pro 9mm at the gun show last Friday after work. Hit the range on Saturday. I loaded the first mag. No trouble getting all 17 rounds in, last couple we tight but not bad at all, then topped off. I sent the silhouette out to 15 feet.. Took my position 2 handed unsupported and all 18 rounds inside the 8 ring. Now I am not a marksman by any means, but I thought I did just fine. Fired 187 rounds without a jam or failure of any kind. The pistol is light enough that it is fun to shoot and heavy enough the recoil does not snap, more like a push. It is really fun to shoot. The grip angle is just right and the rubber ribs on the grip feel great. the backstrap is perfect for my hand. Cleaning was pretty straight forward, but the takedown pin took a little work to figure out how to get it back in, but I figured it out.

Not sure what else to say but I LOVE this gun. Can't wait to get my carry permit.

Now for the Pics....
    Attached Images
    Last edited by kingfish; March 6th, 2007 at 10:24 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Very nice report and nice pistol. I've heard that Taurus is doing great things with that pistol.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Did you shoot at Guns and Leather in Greenbrier, it's my favorite range.

I have a 24/7 in .40, they are great guns.

You mentioned the takedown pin being tight to put back in, that is probably the only downside on the whole gun. It took about 5 or 6 takedowns and about 500 to 1000 rounds before it was smooth, the inner spring is really tight until it is broken in.

Be careful with Birchwood Gun Scrubber on those grips, the 'safe' variety is ok but the regular burns the rubber.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Congrats on the new pistol.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Did you shoot at Guns and Leather in Greenbrier, it's my favorite range.
    Went to On Target in Murfreesboro. Going to hit the outdoor TWRA range this weekend.

You mentioned the takedown pin being tight to put back in, that is probably the only downside on the whole gun. It took about 5 or 6 takedowns and about 500 to 1000 rounds before it was smooth, the inner spring is really tight until it is broken in.
    Actually, I found if I spin the lever vertical, and then rotate clockwise while pushing it goes in fine (though a bit tight.)
    Last edited by kingfish; March 6th, 2007 at 11:10 PM.

VIP Member
    They seem like good guns...I wouldn't mind getting one in .45 ACP.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Actually, I found if I spin the lever vertical, and then rotate clockwise while turning it goes in fine (though a bit tight.)
    Oh it goes in alright but it is a tight fit for the break-in period.

Check Guns and Leather out, they are a great bunch. I'm a member there and TWRA.

Congrats on the gun good pics

Round 2

Just got back from the range. Went to a local outdoor range. The range is managed by the Tennessee Wildlife Management Agency. All the Staff were very nice and friendly. Up to 400 total rounds without a jam. Need to adjust the sight, shooting a little to the left.

The BEST part of the trip is the wife decided to go with me. She is now HOOKED. She had never handled a handgun before. Before going, I gave her a course on safely and basic operation. I then just let her shoot, no husbandly critique of her style, I just made sure she (and the rest of us) were safe. She did allot better than I thought she would. Below is her target, about 60 rounds worth first shot highlighted. Am very proud of her. She is not sure what she wants to get for carry, she hasn't shot a revolver yet, but has handled a few and she just doesn't like how they feel. I will get her to the range and rent one and see how she likes it then.
    Attached Images

Congrats

on the new 'addition' to the family...

Enjoy...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Oh it goes in alright but it is a tight fit for the break-in period.

Check Guns and Leather out, they are a great bunch. I'm a member there and TWRA.
    My favorite range as well and also where I took my permit class. There's one guy that can be sort of a jerk but the rest are great and prices/selection are hard to beat.

Back on topic: Sounds like those Tauruses (Tauri?) are gaining popularity quickly, not quite as much as the S&W M&Ps but definitely popular.
    Jack

Update

Went to the range on Sunday. Took my brother and 2 guys that were down for a visit. One from upstate NY and one from Maine. Neither my brother or the guy from Maine had ever shot a firearm. The guy from NY had only shot a pistol in the Marines to qualify.

Long story short, everyone had a great time and 400 rounds were fired.

So far 1409 rounds through the gun without a single misfire, jam, or breakage of any kind.

Links