Really enjoying my new Sig 290rs!

This is a discussion on Really enjoying my new Sig 290rs! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sure the 'heavy' and 'long' DAO trigger pull take some getting use to. But I've been able to overcome those obstacles in relatively short order. ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By um83canes
  • 2 Post By Gabill
  • 2 Post By Steel1911
  • 1 Post By oldskeetshooter
  • 1 Post By DussellRay
  • 1 Post By Steel1911

Thread: Really enjoying my new Sig 290rs!

Sure the 'heavy' and 'long' DAO trigger pull take some getting use to. But I've been able to overcome those obstacles in relatively short order. Right now, at seven yards, I've found the gun to bullseye accurate and with a little additional practice I think I'll be able to extend that range considerably.

The 290rs size in terms of length and hight is on par with any of the smallest single stack 'pocket' 9mm's. I even like the additional weight of 290rs when compared to its rivals because it negates some of the recoil etc.

Best of all, my 290rs has been 100% reliable and hiccup free from day one. The same cannot be said for many of the Kahr CM9 owners I have spoken to.

From my point of view, it's a shame Sig Sauer released the original 290's with so many bugs / issues. They really hurt the reputation of what has become a darn fine CC pistol in its latest 290rs configuration...

Nice, lets see some pictures.
    WisBen and gatorbait51 like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

I have been eyeing a P290RS bronze in my local GS alot lately. I own a 2015 model PM9, Solo love them both no issues at all and sold my Glock 43 and Sig 938. Both the 43 and 938 were very nice pistols I just didn't "click" with them overall. The trigger on the P290 is no doubt the worse pull of the bunch however I like the guns other features and feel enough to look past that.

I just find the P290 a very interesting pistol for what it is. Also with the heavier trigger pull I wouldn't feel unsafe dropping it into my pocket if ever needed.( I prefer pocket holster with any pistol)

I have another Solo on order right now my wife took mine over so I will have to wait before I pick up a P290 Or PM/CM45 next.
    Edknn and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I had to send this 290 Re-Strike back to mama Sig. It had light strike problems. (So much for the "RS" designation) So far, so good. It s not particular about ammo. It functions quite well with lead reloads. I still have not figured that huge bell shape on the end of the barrel. It cant be much for barrel stability or accuracy. The "flare" comes through the slide with a lot of clearance. It must be some added weight for recoil control.

P290RSweb.jpg

All of this "Drop Safe" crap has ruined the gun business. I don't know why I find the mini 9s so fascinating. None of the ones that I have tried and "owned" have functioned to, what I would consider, a good level of dependability.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

So I shouldn't seek out a new 290? they are about $60 cheaper
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Mini 9's I've own seem to like hot loads for reliably and most wear out recoil springs much faster than full size pistols. Everything comes with trade offs it's just the way things work out.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links