Para-Ordnance Stealth Carry .45

This is a discussion on Para-Ordnance Stealth Carry .45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of getting this as my ccw, once I get the sheckles together. anyone have one or has anyone shot it? any reviews appreciated. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Para-Ordnance Stealth Carry .45

Para-Ordnance Stealth Carry .45

I'm thinking of getting this as my ccw, once I get the sheckles together. anyone have one or has anyone shot it? any reviews appreciated.
    thanks
    NRA, CRPA, AOPA;
    SAG, AFTRA, AEA;
    Ruger P89
    Beretta Jetfire

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Sorry, Cory, I have zero experience with Para-Ordnance. Anyone have one, carry one or hear anything on them?
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I have the Para P-14, had a couple feed problems when it was new, but after a couple hundred rounds it has been flawless. I have 3 guns I carry on a regular basis, a Glock 19 for every day, a Glock 20 when I feel a "High Threat" situation (going to St. Loonie) and the P-14 when I want just a little more than the G-19, I have no reservations about carrying the Para.

Hi Cory
    I had a Para P10 in Stainless for a while. I found it to feed 230 hardball, and 200 Gr hollowpoints with no troubles. I DID however, find my Para to shoot 3 inches low and to the right. At 15Yds it was still pretty accurate within the center mass area of the target. The Para P10 was slightly heavy though. The new Warthag from para Ordnance might be a good choice, but I'd send it out and have some ramp work done to make sure it didn't fail you in a real situation. A P12 LDA might suit you as well, if you like a DAO weapon. Just my 2 cents worth.. and good luck

Para45Browning9
    I carry a Para-Ordnance Carry 12 .45. It is a great gun and accurate. I also load it with Winchester Ranger SXT's and they do a lot of damage to 4x4's anyway. i am confident you will like the Para. Another option might be a Springfield XD .45. Very accurate!

Mike

I have two LDA single stack Para's (Black Watch and CCW). I have found them to be quite accurate and the LDA trigger is great. The CCW with 4.25 barrel with a 7+1 capacity would be a good carry gun.

I am from the school that if I cannot stop someone with 8 bullets might as well stay home watching tv.

My Dad recently bought a PO Black Watch Companion. It is accurate and the LDA trigger is nice - though I still see no advantage over a nice single action trigger.

He has ran into a nefarious problem where the gun fails to eject - leaves the case stuck in the chamber. He has tried for several months to get the gun to work - but it continues to fail 2-3 times each magazine. He will be sending the gun back to para to get it fixed - unfortunately I don't believe para covers shipping for defective returns.

First pistol I ever bought was a Para C7.45 Companion. Para mags are crap and the failure to eject is still a problem but it IS my first pistol, so I'll never sell it. But, look at the Springfield Armory series, XD or 1911 models. IMHO, Springfield has a better gun at a better price. Just a thought!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I am enjoying my Pata LTC (Commander size single stack) alloy frame. Has been reliable after break in. Just purchased a Wilson Combt 10 round mag.

Seems that if the Wilsons fit the single stack Paras, then that's a good way to go. I've never had any issues with Wilsons in my Govmt' sized 1911.
    NRA Instructor/RSO/Coach/Recruiter
    www.mallardspring.com
    Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, AMK, Leatherman, Condor, Maxpedition
    Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I have a WartHog, and a LTC/SS, never any problems with the Hog. The LTC needed shooting -in to make it feed every time. After 200-300 rounds working fine now.

I have a P14/45. No problems with it at all. I carry the P14 daily.
    Keep your powder dry

Shot one of the first ones made many years ago. It like 230 RN ball ammo only. Bet the new one are better.

frankmako

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker
    I have a WartHog, and a LTC/SS, never any problems with the Hog. The LTC needed shooting -in to make it feed every time. After 200-300 rounds working fine now.
    Some thoughts in my opinion.... What do you want to trust your life to? Quote from PO's website...Ask yourself.

"Para uses high-tech, aerospace-grade investment castings for frames and slides. For small parts, Para employs a space-age procedure called Metal Injection Molding, or MIM".

Look at Springfield Micro Compact...better production guns out of the box, computerized machining, not castings. Money is not an issue as both are priced similarly but how much are you willing to risk? Do your homework before investing alot of $$ in a gun that will take time to break in. 200-300 rounds is not enough to consider tested.
    Just my $.02.

TUG
    Love my hog---finish wore off, likes quality ammo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links