Sig 220 Match

This is a discussion on Sig 220 Match within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have experience with the SAO that is offered on this model? TIA Mag44Laf...

Thread: Sig 220 Match

Cool Sig 220 Match

Does anyone have experience with the SAO that is offered on this model?

TIA

Mag44Laf
    Semper Fi

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mag44laf View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the SAO that is offered on this model?

TIA
    Mag44Laf

I have a 220 Standard sized SAO on lay-away...With the match model you will have a problem finding holsters to fit it properly. you will either have to go 100% custom, or get a 220R/226R holster that has an open bottom, but then you'll have close to .5" sticking out of the holster and the front sight may catch while drawing. I've had both in my hand and I can't wait for my 220 to get here.

They are shap looking guns and triggers are crisp, if your looking for a carry gun I'd suggest either the standard sized 220R SAO or the 220R SAO carry size.

VIP Member
    Massad Ayoob did a good review of the gun in a recent issue of "GUNS" magazine....his says that getting a short trigger or, better, the X5 fully adjustable trigger would be great in this gun...and he recommends a dehorning of the rear adjustable sight.

His sample was really accurate too.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Cool

Thanks for your input guys. I realized after posting, this thread should have gone to General Firearm Discussion.

My interest in this weapon is not for carry purposes, but rather from an appreciation of accurate firearms.
    I saw one on the internet the other day that appeared to be a 220 Match/Elite. It was a SAO with the beavertail and the Elite grips. Very, very nice, but the plain old Match would do for me.
    I have a SigPro2022 9mm DA/SA. The SA is not what I am used to like my Kimber Classic Gold Match with triggerjob. It has a solid SA, ready to fire. The SigPro has a "soft" SA with travel to the break point. It's not a bad thing, just a little different. I wondered what the trigger action is like on a straight SA Sig. I really like the Sigs!
    I am going to check out some local shops, maybe there is a sample locally, I sort of doubt it though, Sig makes so many models now, a well stocked dealer would need a larger market base than where I live.

Mag44Laf
    Semper Fi

JD
    Administrator

Thumbs up

Thanks for your input guys. I realized after posting, this thread should have gone to General Firearm Discussion.

My interest in this weapon is not for carry purposes, but rather from an appreciation of accurate firearms.
    I saw one on the internet the other day that appeared to be a 220 Match/Elite. It was a SAO with the beavertail and the Elite grips. Very, very nice, but the plain old Match would do for me.
    I have a SigPro2022 9mm DA/SA. The SA is not what I am used to like my Kimber Classic Gold Match with triggerjob. It has a solid SA, ready to fire. The SigPro has a "soft" SA with travel to the break point. It's not a bad thing, just a little different. I wondered what the trigger action is like on a straight SA Sig. I really like the Sigs!
    I am going to check out some local shops, maybe there is a sample locally, I sort of doubt it though, Sig makes so many models now, a well stocked dealer would need a larger market base than where I live.

Mag44Laf

If it's not for carry, GO FOR IT! The 220 Super Match isn't a listed product on Sigs website yet, but I'm looking for it. I fondled a 220 Elite with the short reset trigger, if I didn't like the SAO so much I'd be all about it, maybe since they have the Supermatch on the drawing board maybe they will come out with a 220 Elite in SAO

Cool Yes, the 220 Super Match

I have heard of two of these being shipped recently, research shows it is item number 220BR5-45-TAS-SUP and has a MSRP of $1294.00. It is SAO! Net pricing will depend on demand somewhat, but most models go for about $200.00 less than MSRP.

I may have to save up for one of these!

You can see the price list here:
    http://www.sigarms.com/CustomerServi...Price-List.pdf

Mag44Laf
    Semper Fi

Semper Fi

JD
    Administrator
    I have heard of two of these being shipped recently, research shows it is item number 220BR5-45-TAS-SUP and has a MSRP of $1294.00. It is SAO! Net pricing will depend on demand somewhat, but most models go for about $200.00 less than MSRP.

I may have to save up for one of these!

You can see the price list here:
    http://www.sigarms.com/CustomerServi...Price-List.pdf

Mag44Laf

I stand corrected, definatley a sharp looking pistol, oh boy am I in trouble, there is a 220 Elite SAO coming out this month....I'm in trouble.

Man I really like that 220. I liked the Match from the moment I saw it, but the Super Match looks even better.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

Links