Wife's New Glock 27 added mini range report

This is a discussion on Wife's New Glock 27 added mini range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well she did it. Today my wife bought a piece of tupperware. Seriously she had looked at a number of pistols over the past few ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife's New Glock 27 added mini range report

VIP Member

Wife's New Glock 27 added mini range report

Well she did it. Today my wife bought a piece of tupperware. Seriously she had looked at a number of pistols over the past few months and finally decided that the Glock 27 fit her needs best. She likes the .40 S&W, the Glock is light enough for her to carry, the trigger is easy enough for her to pull consistently, and after I put the extension on the magazine she has a place to put her little finger. If the weather cooperates and actually does what the weatherman says it will then we should have a range report tomorrow evening. Until then pictures will have to do.

George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    GlockLeah ....... sounds like the inner ear LOL!

Main thing George is, she has chosen it and likes it - that is the big plus and I think she will like it. It is physically very close IIRC in size to my compact SW99 - altho that is ''only'' in 9mm but even with my hand size and pref' for large guns, it does well..

Pinky extension IMO is a huge plus for control and comfort. I fully expect a glowing report!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Congrats on her new gun

kpw
    Good for her. I think she chose wisely. I still think it's one of the best carry pistols out there.

Very nice George. You wife should be very happy with her new carry gun.

I am wanting a 27 now myself since buying the 23. My carry gun would like a little brother.

She picked it. She decided it fit her best. That all adds up to her carrying it all the time and feeling more comfortable with it. Those are all good things.

Congrats to her!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

George - congrats.

My wife likes my 27. I am going to get one for her once she gets out and shoots it and finds she likes it. Or I may get the 26 for her if the recoil is too much.

Good for her and for you.

VIP Member
    One nice thing about my wife's shooting is that recoil is not a problem. She shoots my .357 Mag with 4" barrel and except for having to fire it single action it is not a problem. She is not bothered by the Springer .45 nor the S&W 1066 10mm. There is a thread around somewhere that has her firing the 10mm. I expect she will like this gun.

She picked the others she has had, but usually after holding them for a minute or so and maybe dry firing one time. This time I took the initiative and suggested a Springfield XD because of the light weight and light trigger. She tried it and then tried several Glocks - 26 and 27. She liked the Glock feel and the weight. She also found the trigger on the Glock very manageable. If I know Leah and I do - the second mag will produce just a ragged hole at COM on the silhouette target at 25 feet. I'm allowing the first mag for getting familiar with the gun, the trigger and the aiming point.

We'll let you know the results later.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Next thing you'll know.....Doc will have her in a UC Comfort Racerback t-shirt to carry it in, LOL.

Awsome gun she chose Doc....hope she lets you play wif it occasionally.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

The G27 is a great little gun. I had one and just traded it for one of the new S&W M&P .40 Compacts. I love this gun. I shoot it better ans it just feels good. I have a Cochise Defender on order for it also.
    I may get another G27 someday, but for now, I am happy. I hope that your wife really likes hers!!

Ron

A picture of mine.

Last edited by ront; March 10th, 2007 at 10:44 PM.
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Are the M&P compacts quite as compact as the Glock 27?
    I didn't really compare them at the last gun show I went to, but I did see that the XD subcompacts didn't seem quite as concealable as a 27 is.

I favor the 27. It's my carry gun too. I have one of the old original models, before they changed the finish (there's something different about it now, less matte, more glossy) and put the checkering on the finger groove areas.

I love the gun. I'd consider an M&P (not as a replacement for the Glock but in addition to it), but I still am most attracted by Glock's simplicity of design. NO one else comes close to that.

P.S. OMG I cannot stand that S&W put that warning about firing without a magazine onto the gun. Ugh!

Nice 'addition' to the family...

You're a lucky man...take a 'self-defense' pistol class...together...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I remember that thread with your wife shooting the 10mm, she's quite a good shooter as I recall the targets you showed pics of.

How's she planning to carry the 27 with that grip extension, any major concerns with concealment? I looked at a 26 but would've needed the same extensions and just figured the 19 made more sense for me as a first Glock - my second will either be an identical 19 for a redundant back up primary or a 26 for a BUG or deep concealment primary.
    Jack

She will like it. Great little weapon. I used to have the Scherer +1 plates on mine. A few months back I went to the Glock +1 mags and I like them a lot better. They are a little better for concealment and still allow a place for your pinky.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

dr_cmg, you are a lucky guy! How so? Your wife has a new toy and you have the solution to what to buy her for special occasions. Again, how so? I am sure she will want M23 magazines with A&G adapters. She will also want a 9mm conversion barrel plus G26 and G19 magazines. Lastly, your bride will want a 357 Sig barrel to show you how tough she is. You have an ideal situation and I am stuck buying my wife jewelry and cars. Regards, Richard

PS I bought my wife a used, but not abused, 1998 Mercedes ML320 for Christmas

VIP Member
    We took the G27 out to do some shooting today and just as expected it worked perfectly. I have to check, but I believe my wife put 37 rounds down range and I fired 10. We only had that many rounds with us. My wife was right on target at COM on the silhouette target. We had not FTFs nor FTEs. The only complaint was that my wife thought the grip was too rough. She is a pianist and has very soft hands. I could see the imprint of the surface in the palm of her hand when she showed me. She was not holding the pistol white knuckle tight. Fortunately I had a Hogue Handall Universal Rubber Sleeve and installed it when we got home. It requires a little trimming to work properly, but I got that done and she is happy. We'll shoot again later this week and see how she likes shooting with the Hogue.

The other comment she made was about the recoil or rather muzzle flip. Every .40 I have ever fired seemed to have more recoil and muzzle rise than should be present. The muzzle rise is very quick and when combined with the recoil gives an impression of a much more powerful gun. My wife who fires .380, 9mm, .357 SIG, .357Mag, 10mm, .45ACP and .45 Colt with no concern about recoil mentioned the recoil on the .40. The Glock is lighter than the others, but not that much lighter. In other thread we have discussed why the difference in the recoil of the .40. The one item that sometimes comes up is that usually the .40 pistols are identical to a 9mm pistol of the same brand except for the increase in barrel size which makes the slide a little taller. It may be that the difference in the center of gravity causes a perceived harsher recoil. I don't know the cause, but I perceive it too. I hope that the Hogue grip will absorb some of the recoil. My wife will not be greatly bothered by the difference in the recoil, she mentioned that the gun was more difficult to control because of the recoil and muzzle rise. I think that this may have been the reason for her dislike of the grip. The recoil and muzzle rise might have been pushing the grip harder again her hand than she was used to. We'll see.
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links