Mods for a SIG P239 9mm?

Mods for a SIG P239 9mm?

This is a discussion on Mods for a SIG P239 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; what have you done to yours or want to do with yours?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mods for a SIG P239 9mm?

what have you done to yours or want to do with yours?

I would like to start by buying one. Then I would plan on shooting it. As for mods, well, let's take it one step at a time.
    If he was gonna decorate his bar with my friend, he shoulda armed himself.

Factory variations a possibility

I have 2 Sigs but not this model. However, the P239 appeals to me and I have considered getting one. Sigs are very good as they come from the factory, and in general there aren't many user modifications that improve the gun.

But the factory offers some variations that might appeal to me. The P239 is available with a stainless slide over a black aluminum frame, and I might opt for that variation (shown below). Sig also has a double action only trigger called the "DAK" which is very good, and I would probably get that instead of the traditional DA/SA on a gun that is primarily for carry. You can also get night sights on the factory gun. I don't think I would change out the grip panels from factory, however, as Sig factory grips are hard to improve upon.

Once again, I am the odd man out. How so? I own a P239 in 40 S&W but I do not care for it. Why? It feels chunky and heavy in my hand. My friends love to shoot it but I am not impressed. In fairness, the only sig that has captured my heart is my P228. Have I tried other Sig? Yes, I sold a P220 that I did shoot well and I still have a P226, P228, P230, P239, and P245. In regard to alterations, I would have Sig Lite sights installed and go with a set of nice wood Hogue grips. Regards, Richard

My P239 with Nill Grips and and Alessi belt slide:

Lead Moderator
    It seems the most popular mod on a SIG 239 is replacing the factory grips with Houge (sp?) "finger" grips. I know that it's the only mod I've done to mine, and that is the one I've seen most over at SIGForum.
    Last edited by rstickle; March 11th, 2007 at 08:50 PM.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    I don't own a P239, but I've fired a number of them, so I'm pretty familiar with the gun.

If it didn't come with night sights, I'd so equip the gun with them.

I have baby hands, so I'd have to put a short trigger too.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    The only mods I have made to either of my P239s is to put the Hogue grips on. My 9mm has the standard sights and though night sights are a big help in the dark, I find I shoot better with the standard "dot the I" sights. The only other thing I plan is to get some of the 9mm 10 round mags.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    The only other thing I plan is to get some of the 9mm 10 round mags.
    George,

Have you seen those things? I've got one (?) and it's butt ugly and I believe throws the gun off. I never use it.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

[QUOTE=dr_cmg;315477]The only mods I have made to either of my P239s is to put the Hogue grips on.QUOTE]

Are you talking the slip-ons?

Other than buying a P239 with factory night sights, I leave it stock. I have small hands so the factory grips are a great fit for me.

Administrator
    I'm not sure why someone would want to mod a 239 beyond grips and maybe sights. It pretty darn good the way it comes. Its meant to be a carry gun, not a range gun or a game gun so very little mods are out there for it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have never had a SIG before so I thought I would see what people thought.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lilducky08 View Post
    I have never had a SIG before so I thought I would see what people thought.
    Sigs are great guns. I really like and own two 228's and a 239. I carry a 220 at least 40 hrs a week. If you want a project gun, look for a 228/9 226 or a 220. The full size guns you far more options to play with due to the fact people use them for shooting games.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I am trying to find that ellusive do everything gun: you know, fun at the range, easily concealable on my slight frame, fun for my petite wife at the range, effective personal defense, and effective home defense, all the while being safe enough in case I lose some brain cells and forget to stowe it properly and one of my three little toddlers gets to it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lilducky08 View Post
    ... all the while being safe enough in case I lose some brain cells and forget to stowe it properly and one of my three little toddlers gets to it.
    That one does not exist, proper storage is a must if you got rug rats. It does not matter how many mechanical gadgets are on the gun, it will kill them if they get the chance to play with it. Yup, I said KILL.

For the other criteria, look at all the quality medium framed pistols. I suggest 9mm. Its easy, inexpensive to shoot, and has plenty of effectivness for self defense. I like the Glock 19,Sig 228 or 229. Beretta vertec's are a good choice too. They are a little less popular, but a good gun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links