Mouseguns???

This is a discussion on Mouseguns??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a Beretta Tomcat 32, had a Autauga 32 stainless(looks like the NAA 32) OMC Backup 380, (with corbons) and a few others (seecamp25,32 ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns???

I've got a Beretta Tomcat 32, had a Autauga 32 stainless(looks like the NAA 32) OMC Backup 380, (with corbons) and a few others (seecamp25,32 model, bryco 32, raven 25 (who hasn't had one of those in his or her time (just cuz they really work well) and a Walther PPK/PPKS or Mauser HSC 380.. heyyyy I'm not afraid to "fess up" cuz either way, it's better than nothing at all. <laughing out loud>

2. Remove Ads

1952 - 2006
    I don't carry any thing other than my 1911's at any time, ever. my primary is my full size and my BUG is my kimber CDP compact.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

JT
    I have NAA Guardian in 32, for when no other options are possible.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

FLM
    I mostly carry a Glock 36, but I can carry my Kahr PM9 or S&W 638 in a pocket holster or under a shirt anywhere in any weather. Why carry a mousegun?

Quote Originally Posted by FLM
    I mostly carry a Glock 36, but I can carry my Kahr PM9 or S&W 638 in a pocket holster or under a shirt anywhere in any weather. Why carry a mousegun?
    #1. Discretion. Sometimes one decides their life is more important and the slim margin of discretion such a gun provides is comforting. Enough said. That and failure to conceal is a pretty serious crime in this state at least.

#2. As a hold out piece. Putting one on your body somewhere besides your primary carry position gives you another option. It's the same reason I carry 2 or 3 knives.

#3. Unusual carry methods. I know a woman who carries an NAA .22 WMR in her brassiere. The small size of these guns lends to some creative thinking.

FLM
    Ok, you got me with #3

I've got a Grendel P-10 (grandaddy to the Kel-Tecs) 10 round .380 that most often sees duty as a BUG; but I have been known to sally forth with it in the right rear pocket as my only piece. Now that Missouri has unlicensed car carry my wife will take it when she is traveling because it fits into the center console of her car where the Glock 19 doesn't allow the lid to close.

Funny that I jsut read this tonight after getting back from dinner with the Mrs. I normally would have carried my SP-101, but my Kel-Tec fit in my jeans pocket where the 101 didn't. So off to dinner we went with the Kel-tec in the pocket and a GP-100 in the truck.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child might have peace."
    - Thomas Paine

Kel-Tec P3AT for me!

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    My pocket pistol is an AMT .380 DAO Backup.

I have looked at the available pocket pistols on the market that are chambered in .380 and I haven't found a good reason to buy one to replace the AMT. The AMT is basically the same size/wieght as the NAA .380. Its a good size but like the NAA it is on the heavy side.

The keltec looks good in the wieght department but my AMT has been 100% reliable over the last 10 years. I shoot it about every other time I go to the range, at least a few mags worth. It puts a pretty good smack into your hand when fired but it is plenty accurate for a pocket pistol. The DAO pistols where much better then the SA models. You can still find the DAO AMTs used for around $150 and even though they aren't made no more, you can get spare parts and mags from brownells if you need them. From reading the various forums about the keltec it seems they have a lot of problems.

The R9 is definitely the best out there, but I don't have the money or else I would buy one.

Seecamp in .380 is really nice but really expensive. I would rather save up a little more and get the R9.

I am going to purchase an NAA 22mag mini revolver. I love those little things. I might never carry it, but for the price and what it is, I can't really resist

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Actually, I carry my H&K USPc 40 or my Ruger P944 all of the time. I do have two Sig 232's in .380 that my wife uses and I can always use one of these if I want a backup or a pocket pistol for a quick run somewhere.

Started out with a Davis derringer in .32 ACP about 15 years ago, but got a P-3AT a few months ago.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

.32 revolver snubbie with S&W long hollowpoints.

Very comfy in my pocket.

~CZ

Euclidean nails it."The .32 in your fist beats the .40 in the car".

Reminds me of one of my favorite movies: Blazing Saddles where the giant thug MONGO is on the rampage and as the (black) sheriff buckles on his two gun rig he is admonished: Don't shoot him! You'll just make him mad.

That's sort of the way I regard mouseguns. I have one. It's a real mini-mouse: NAA mini-revolver in .22LR and I always feel guilty when I drop it in my pocket with my keys. Because I realize that if shot placement wins the gunfight with handgun calibers, then for me to win the day, I'm going to have to shove the piece into the BG's eye and pull the trigger. I try to picture that exact scenario and I usually wind up going with something a bit larger. Sometimes, not. I still feel guilty when this happens.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links