Mouseguns???

This is a discussion on Mouseguns??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Prospector ExSoldier762 - If the BG does in fact "die laughing" then you've met your objective...LOL ! Yeah, but what worries me ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns???

Unhappy No second place winners

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    ExSoldier762 - If the BG does in fact "die laughing" then you've met your objective...LOL !
    Yeah, but what worries me is that he'll die laughing at my funeral. Not what I had in mind at all!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    My "mousegun"

is a Sig P225 that I carry quite often in 9MM. Thats about as mousey as I care to get...

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I wouldn't be too worried about carring that .22LR. With an even close to a 90deg.head shot it will penetrate to the brain. Don't carry one but if I did I would plan for a very close range skull shot ONLY.I would bet my life on that perticular shot.---------

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry

Haven't fooled with mouseguns in awhile. I actually had the pleasure of being with the Autauga Arms guys when they were testing their Autauga .32. Was a very unique and interesting experience, and I still have one of the Autauga .32s, but this R9? Never seen one of these, Chris. Me likey!

Best,
    Jon
    "You may not know it, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dyin'."

Charles Travis Postlewaite, 1882

Senior Moderator
    I would bet my life on that perticular shot.---------

You would bet your life if it was a drug infested methead that felt no pain and was trying to kill you with a knife ?

I wouldnt.

Im still carrying a .22 bullet in my left arm right below the elbow. It was shot from a .22 rifle at a range of about 10 feet. That was from a rifle. While I cant say that I'd want anyone shooting at me with anything and I know that a gazillion people have been killed with one, its definatley not the best round to depend on...escpecially with a short barrelled pistol. Its jsut too iffy. It might penetrate the skull and it might not.

Senior Moderator
    P95Carry...

How in the HECK did you manage to take a picture of a Rohrbaugh with a serial number of 000 ? Whats the story on that ?

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    P95Carry...

How in the HECK did you manage to take a picture of a Rohrbaugh with a serial number of 000 ? Whats the story on that ?
    He could tell you, but then, he'd have to ...

... well, ... you know.

Senior Moderator
    BigJon...

And while Im at it...

I wanto know the story on that deer picture you have in your avatar.

Its been driving me crazy trying to figure out how many points it has. Its got to be a record of some kind with the mass on that rack.

I also don't carry a BUG. My primary is SW 637. I love the little gun because it is so versatile. I can put it in my down vest pocket, holster carry it or place it in my parka map or coat pocket. Moreover, since the weather is changed I can wrap up and be warm, and not worry about having to leave my coat open to gain access to my weapon. The 38 is fine for me. I have considered pulling the 1911 out but the size forces me to holster carry it and have to remove too many layers of clothes to get to it. This is valuable time especially under stress.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Hotguns, Could be wrong sir,but meth or no meth,a skull(brain)shot is a skull(brain) shot. I've found that if your brain tells your body that it's dead---then---it's dead. Your brain moves the muscles,not the other way around.--------

Could be wrong sir,but meth or no meth,a skull(brain)shot is a skull(brain) shot. I've found that if your brain tells your body that it's dead---then---it's dead. Your brain moves the muscles,not the other way around.--------
    A .22 to the skull seems work for hitmen.

I saw a .22 WMR deringer, at a gunstore. I wouldnt mind using this as a ECQ mousegun. The .22 mag bullet exits out of the barrel at a high speed. Where most other bullets take a few feet to get up to speed.

I have a .380 Walther wana-be made by FEG. But it only feeds Winchester white box FMJ ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    BigJon...

And while Im at it...

I wanto know the story on that deer picture you have in your avatar.

Its been driving me crazy trying to figure out how many points it has. Its got to be a record of some kind with the mass on that rack.
    A record? Oooooh yea! That's the Lovstuen buck, killed in Iowa in 2003 and the number 1 B&C deer ever killed by a hunter. And no, the hunter was not I! If memory serves me correctly, it has 38 points and scores somewhere around (above, I think), 307 B&C, but I can't remember for certain.

The deer is flippin' unreal. Try as I might, I could not get my hand around the left base to the point that both the tips of my middle finger and thumb were visible in the photo. This one in the photo is not the actual rack, but a cast of the rack we have in our office. The original, I believe, now belongs to Bass Pro and is housed in their museum.

I've had some fun experiences with that cast. For example, it made the trip to a deer show I attended in 2004, and some of the comments were priceless, for instance for instance, ...

"Where'd they GROW that thang?! Near a nucular plant?!"

... and ...

"If I'da shot that thang, it woulda been backerd and in self deefense, 'cause I'd a been RUNNIN!"

Best,
    Jon

P.S. - Oh, and if you want a frame of reference to know how really big this thing is, the background - me - is 6'5" and 270 pounds. It is a BIG rack!

Assistant Administrator
    P95Carry...

How in the HECK did you manage to take a picture of a Rohrbaugh with a serial number of 000 ? Whats the story on that
    Hahaha - well if I tell ya - I may have to ...........

No sweat HG - seeing as I rarely if ever show my SN's in pics (just me!) - I do sometimes and as here - ''tweak'' things a bit - ya know - digital pic skulduggery

Funny tho, despite that pic having been posted a good many times - you're first guy to mention that!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Here's a ghetto mousegun:

This is a Phoenix Arms Raven purchased sometime in the early 1990s, as far as I can remember. It's a .25 ACP model with a nickel finish. A universal "clipdraw" unit has been added and the little gun actually totes quite comfortably this way.

I've carried a P-32 for the last 5 years. Hell, my wallet is heavier! I have the grip extension which gives me 10 rounds of .32 JHP and a better grip. I'm going to be upgrading to the P3AT as soon as I can convince mama that I REALLY need one! :)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links