Mouseguns???

This is a discussion on Mouseguns??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay! Be honest. How many of you go out for a nice quiet dinner and dislike the thought of strapping on that big ol' 45 ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns???

Talking Mouseguns???

Okay! Be honest. How many of you go out for a nice quiet dinner and dislike the thought of strapping on that big ol' 45 slabsides since you're in a nice part of town or it's REALLY HOT outside or whatever. So you look around furtively and slip a NAA mini .22 or a .25 or even a small .380 into an ankle holster? C'mon...we ALL do it now and then! I admit to carrying the NAA mini 22 and then thinking during dinner that if I have to confront a BG in the parking lot he's gonna laugh himself to death looking at this teeeeeeny little barrel sticking only one inch out of my fist. In fact, I just determine that in order to do any good, I'm going to have to close to contact range and jam that barrel right into his eyeball before I pull the trigger. That's one reason I load this mousegun with .22 TRACER rounds.

C'mon, y'all FESS UP!!! Bumper???
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

I don't go anywhere without my Kel Tec P32.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
    rule." - H.L. Mencken

mouseguns

I carried my P-32 as a backup everyday to my 1911. I never found it uncomfortable to carry a 1911 in a bellyband under a suit or whatever. I have since aquired a Rohrbaugh R9s which has taken the place of the P-32. It can be strictly mindset. I know sometimes it is uncomfortable, however as Clint Smith says it is suppose to comforting not necessarily comfortable.
    T.A.P.S.
    Tactics-Accuracy-Power-Speed

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    C'mon, y'all FESS UP!!! Bumper???
    I don't carry anything but a single 1911. Not because I don't want to, it's just a secondary priority that I haven't gotten around to addressing yet. I want something small but I want something with punch. I expect I will wind up with a PPK, a CZ RAMI, a Kahr or something along those lines....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Smile Try This ($$$)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    I don't carry anything but a single 1911. Not because I don't want to, it's just a secondary priority that I haven't gotten around to addressing yet. I want something small but I want something with punch. I expect I will wind up with a PPK, a CZ RAMI, a Kahr or something along those lines....
    https://shop.cylinder-slide.com/ccp5...tstr=HOME:8:36
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Try This ($$$)?
    I'm sure those are worth every penny to the right person but I'm not that person. I wouldn't buy a 1911 shorter than 4" and it's not likely I would buy anything but a 5". Any BUG I buy will have to be reasonably priced; $2700 isn't reasonable for me....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    I have three main meeses!! R9, P3AT and NAA mini 22 mag. P3AT is rarely used now - but R9 is often BUG in pocket or ankle. NAA is wonderful when really pushed - as it can so easily be ''lost'', somewhere! I have a Bersa Thunder too which can be considered but that IMO is gettin' heavy and not true ''mouse''!

I'll do all I can to not go down in size below my SP-101 snub, but my meeses do give the option to at least have ''something'' on board regardless of how little clothing.

In fact, I do not feel too disadvantaged at all even if R9 is all I have - but that ain't often.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Red face

Bumper and I've had this discussion a few times, about the Mauser Hsc .380 I've got. It was my first semi-auto, so there is a sentimentality associated with it, but....it hurts my hand to shoot it....definitely not one for a long day at the range, but as a backup for those "close encounters", a .380 cartridge will give a decent punch. It is small enough that it fits nicely in most any pants pocket.

ExSoldier762 - If the BG does in fact "die laughing" then you've met your objective...LOL !

I replaced the Beretta Tomcat I used to carry as a BUG with my S&W 296 .44 special. It weighs about as much as the Tomcat, I lose three rounds but go up from .32 to .44.

If I need an absolutely concealable mousegun, I'll carry a .38 double-barrelled derringer.

I own a .25 Zastava "Z Pistole" but it's mostly just to be cute - I won't rely on it for self-defense.

The instances where I can't carry my Sig 226 are few and VERY far between - but the smaller guns are kept in the safe for those few.

I really do want one mouse gun, and I'm constantly tempted to buy one.

But the more I think about it the less use I can see for it. I bought my 642 because it's so darn easy to carry. And in any pocket I carry a gun in, I will carry a holster and the gun and nothing else. It takes the same amount of space to carry that snubby as it does that mouse gun.

I think I'm better off saving my money for now and finding a full size gun that works for a carry piece and letting the 642 be the backup gun. I know I'm very confident carrying and shooting the 642 so it was a great first choice because it will get me used to the idea of always having one on me.

Now eventually I will get a houldout piece but I want it for a backup to a backup.

Lead Moderator
    yep, occasionally do carry my NAA. 22 only. But usually take something bigger.

Administrator

A Few Meese

A NAA .22 & a Walther PPK/S .380
    I want one of those R9s though !!!
    I want one so bad I can almost taste it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    QK - did ya check out the links I gave elsewhere, on R9 tests? Should provide you with some extra info.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I live in a low crime area (middle of no where) so a 380 is my normal carry either a Mustang or a PPK/S in my pocket.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

I carry my wifes mousegun sometimes, its as small as I go...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links