Mouseguns???

Mouseguns???

This is a discussion on Mouseguns??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay! Be honest. How many of you go out for a nice quiet dinner and dislike the thought of strapping on that big ol' 45 ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouseguns???

Talking Mouseguns???

Okay! Be honest. How many of you go out for a nice quiet dinner and dislike the thought of strapping on that big ol' 45 slabsides since you're in a nice part of town or it's REALLY HOT outside or whatever. So you look around furtively and slip a NAA mini .22 or a .25 or even a small .380 into an ankle holster? C'mon...we ALL do it now and then! I admit to carrying the NAA mini 22 and then thinking during dinner that if I have to confront a BG in the parking lot he's gonna laugh himself to death looking at this teeeeeeny little barrel sticking only one inch out of my fist. In fact, I just determine that in order to do any good, I'm going to have to close to contact range and jam that barrel right into his eyeball before I pull the trigger. That's one reason I load this mousegun with .22 TRACER rounds.

C'mon, y'all FESS UP!!! Bumper???
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Endowment Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I don't go anywhere without my Kel Tec P32.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
    rule." - H.L. Mencken

mouseguns

I carried my P-32 as a backup everyday to my 1911. I never found it uncomfortable to carry a 1911 in a bellyband under a suit or whatever. I have since aquired a Rohrbaugh R9s which has taken the place of the P-32. It can be strictly mindset. I know sometimes it is uncomfortable, however as Clint Smith says it is suppose to comforting not necessarily comfortable.
    T.A.P.S.
    Tactics-Accuracy-Power-Speed

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    C'mon, y'all FESS UP!!! Bumper???
    I don't carry anything but a single 1911. Not because I don't want to, it's just a secondary priority that I haven't gotten around to addressing yet. I want something small but I want something with punch. I expect I will wind up with a PPK, a CZ RAMI, a Kahr or something along those lines....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Smile Try This ($$$)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    I don't carry anything but a single 1911. Not because I don't want to, it's just a secondary priority that I haven't gotten around to addressing yet. I want something small but I want something with punch. I expect I will wind up with a PPK, a CZ RAMI, a Kahr or something along those lines....
    https://shop.cylinder-slide.com/ccp5...tstr=HOME:8:36
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Endowment Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Try This ($$$)?
    I'm sure those are worth every penny to the right person but I'm not that person. I wouldn't buy a 1911 shorter than 4" and it's not likely I would buy anything but a 5". Any BUG I buy will have to be reasonably priced; $2700 isn't reasonable for me....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member (Retired Staff) Array P95Carry's Avatar
    I have three main meeses!! R9, P3AT and NAA mini 22 mag. P3AT is rarely used now - but R9 is often BUG in pocket or ankle. NAA is wonderful when really pushed - as it can so easily be ''lost'', somewhere! I have a Bersa Thunder too which can be considered but that IMO is gettin' heavy and not true ''mouse''!

I'll do all I can to not go down in size below my SP-101 snub, but my meeses do give the option to at least have ''something'' on board regardless of how little clothing.

In fact, I do not feel too disadvantaged at all even if R9 is all I have - but that ain't often.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Red face

Bumper and I've had this discussion a few times, about the Mauser Hsc .380 I've got. It was my first semi-auto, so there is a sentimentality associated with it, but....it hurts my hand to shoot it....definitely not one for a long day at the range, but as a backup for those "close encounters", a .380 cartridge will give a decent punch. It is small enough that it fits nicely in most any pants pocket.

ExSoldier762 - If the BG does in fact "die laughing" then you've met your objective...LOL !

I replaced the Beretta Tomcat I used to carry as a BUG with my S&W 296 .44 special. It weighs about as much as the Tomcat, I lose three rounds but go up from .32 to .44.

If I need an absolutely concealable mousegun, I'll carry a .38 double-barrelled derringer.

I own a .25 Zastava "Z Pistole" but it's mostly just to be cute - I won't rely on it for self-defense.

The instances where I can't carry my Sig 226 are few and VERY far between - but the smaller guns are kept in the safe for those few.

I really do want one mouse gun, and I'm constantly tempted to buy one.

But the more I think about it the less use I can see for it. I bought my 642 because it's so darn easy to carry. And in any pocket I carry a gun in, I will carry a holster and the gun and nothing else. It takes the same amount of space to carry that snubby as it does that mouse gun.

I think I'm better off saving my money for now and finding a full size gun that works for a carry piece and letting the 642 be the backup gun. I know I'm very confident carrying and shooting the 642 so it was a great first choice because it will get me used to the idea of always having one on me.

Now eventually I will get a houldout piece but I want it for a backup to a backup.

Lead Moderator
    yep, occasionally do carry my NAA. 22 only. But usually take something bigger.

Administrator

A Few Meese

A NAA .22 & a Walther PPK/S .380
    I want one of those R9s though !!!
    I want one so bad I can almost taste it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member (Retired Staff) Array P95Carry's Avatar
    QK - did ya check out the links I gave elsewhere, on R9 tests? Should provide you with some extra info.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I live in a low crime area (middle of no where) so a 380 is my normal carry either a Mustang or a PPK/S in my pocket.

I carry my wifes mousegun sometimes, its as small as I go...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links