G26 vs M&P9C vs XD9SC

This is a discussion on G26 vs M&P9C vs XD9SC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 26 9mm. DAO, 3.5" barrel, 10 +1. (12 with baseplate) S&W M&P 9mm. DAO, 3.5" barrel, 12 +1. Springfield XD 9mm. DAO, 3" barrel, ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G26 vs M&P9C vs XD9SC

G26 vs M&P9C vs XD9SC

Glock 26 9mm.
    DAO, 3.5" barrel, 10 +1. (12 with baseplate)

S&W M&P 9mm.
    DAO, 3.5" barrel, 12 +1.

Springfield XD 9mm.
    DAO, 3" barrel, 10/16 +1.

Ok, I think all the data above is correct. I'm chewing over getting a moderately priced Summer gun.

All these go for about $500 here so the price isn't the deal.
    They are all fine guns, I'd happily buy all three.
    But for now I'm just going to get one, that's where the usual question comes in. I can't decide, do any of you have any experience on these three that will help me decide?

I already have a 9mm Glock 34, I am happy with the 'weird' angle.
    I have fired an XD, loved it.
    Haven't fired a M&P, but I haven't heard any complaints from owners.

I think I want the XD most as of tonight, but I just don't know.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    No question about it... the G26. Time proven design, everything is inexpensive to buy for the gun and easy to find. The others may be good, or may not be. Only time will tell.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Interesting post. I can't say for sure. I personally cannot get used to the Glock's grip angle. However, there is minimal question, if any, about their reliability. I own an XD9SC and am very happy with it. It has never failed me, eats everything I put on its plate, and feels very natural in my hand. After getting range time with the full size M&P 9mm, I am loving it more and more and am considering getting a compact version. You might want to fondle/fire the M&P before you decide. Some people have issues with the trigger feeling gritty. The M&P also has the three changeable backstraps, so you should definitely be able to get a comfortable grip with it.

Interesting post.

Not sure if it matters much to you, but the M&P is made in the USA.

I know you said only one, but if you think you want the XD tonight, you might want the M&P tomorrow night... so why not get all three. (Wishful thinking, I know.)

Made in USA does matter.
    The grips don't, IMO they help those with small hands more, I have regular sized giant bear hands.

kpw
    My choices are G26, M&P and XD in that order but that's just me. You gotta try 'em on for yourself.

You are almost in the same boat as me. I am looking to spend about that much, and have been trying to decide between the XD9 SUB, Glock 26, and SIG P239. Currently I am leaning toward the XD9 because it has the grip safety and the trigger saftey. Plus, have you seen their website, I know it doesn't matter one bit, but I love how they present their collection! The Glock is proven, the SIG weighs/costs more, but the XD9 is sexy and everyone I know who has one LOVES it.

are you buying the 9mm for your wife?
    XD 45 ACP 4" service
    XD SC 40 S&W
    RRA AR-15 OD "Property of the Fourth Horseman"

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    The Glock's definitely the more tried & trued of the lot. However, the Springfield's a pretty darn nice gun. I'd have to say it's between the Glock & Springfield. Nothing against S&W, but I don't think it's as nice of a gun as the other two. Personally, I can pick-up Glock 26's for $399, so I'd buy that, but if they're the same price, I'd be tempted to go for the Springfield.

Good luck!
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Easy choice for me- Glock26

I'd take the XD every time. It's just as good or better than the Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by teamcnabb05 View Post
    are you buying the 9mm for your wife?
    No, it's for me. It's a potential Summer shorts gun for when it's too hot for a shirt at work. I already have a Sig P232 and Taurus 85, but want something with a better finish, more capacity and it's also an excuse to buy a gun.

me
    I had a similar decision to make on the full sized guns. Substitue Glock for a Taurus PT 140. Tough call, I ended up with the M&P 40 and like it but think no matter which you end up with you will like it and still have the itch to buy the others down the line, I have the itch for the XD still.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I was looking at the same choice between the G26 and the XD. I went with the 26 and have never looked back. My shooting buddy went with the XD and is just about as happy. He loves the gun but holsters, lights, mags, sights, everything is far cheaper and easier to find for the Glock.

Other than that both of us are very happy with the performance of our handguns.

If you want proven reliability, you have to go with the G26. The other two have not been available for nearly as long.
    I used to own an HS2000 which is essentially the same as the XD9. It was a nice gun and I really wish that I still owned it. It had a nice trigger. I have not shot one of the Sub Compacts though so I cannot really talk much about them. IMHO, I don't really like the look of them. It seems to me that the slide is out of proportion with the rest of the gun. It just looks top heavy to me, but that may not be the case at all.
    As far as the M&P 9mm Compact goes, I like them. I traded my Glock G27 for a M&P .40 Compact a few weeks back and I am not sorry one bit. From the time I first picked up the M&P, I knew that I had to have it. It just feels so good in my hand. I am shooting better with it. Not sure why, but I am. The felt recoil is less than with the G7. I really really like the gun a lot. Again, this gun has not been out long enough to have have a proven track record. I have about 250 rounds through mine so far including CCI Blazer 180gr, WWB 180gr, WJHP 180gr, Speer Gold Dot 165gr and W. Ranger 155gr and have yet to have any problems at all. If I do have a problem, I know that S&W will take care of me. I also like that this gun is made in the USA. Here are some pics of mine.
    Ultimately though, the best thing to do is to hold and shoot all of these guns and decide for yourself. No body anywhere can tell you what the best gun for you is.

Ron

I just received the Infidel holster from Comp-tac for the gun. It is a fill in holster until I get my Cochise Defender from K&D Holsters!! I can hardly wait to get that one. The Infidel is a great Kydex holster though!

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Glock 26. It is a "no brainer". Steve48

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links