OK I finally found my Ideal Pocket Gun

This is a discussion on OK I finally found my Ideal Pocket Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As most of you know I have been hunting a BUG and one for deeper concealment. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a P3AT, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK I finally found my Ideal Pocket Gun

OK I finally found my Ideal Pocket Gun

As most of you know I have been hunting a BUG and one for deeper concealment. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a P3AT, they just didn't feel right in my hand and I have read far to many posts regarding problems with them. I do believe they can be made relaible after some F&Bing or a couple trips to the factory and I just didn't want to go through all that. Not knocking those of you that have them and they work for you, that's great, it just wasn't the gun for me. I found a sweeeet little NAA with factory gutter sniping with night sights. For those of you who don't know gutter sniping is something that factory does by removing the factory sights on the top of the slide and re polish the slide surface, they then cut a gutter like channel at the back of the slide going forward, on each side of the gutter on the rear of the slide are two night sight dots and on the forward face of the gutter is the third dot, taking the place of the front sight. Sights on a gun like this are sort of silly anyway but if your going to have them I can't think of a better way for pocket carry than this. NAA charges $150 just for this service alone. The gun has very few rounds through it and works flawlessly, it has been carried for awhile and has some slight holster wear on the front of the slide. I am considering sending it back to the factory to have the melt down package done to it and they would be able to get these spots out, but hey it's a pocket gun. I now need a good leather pocket holster, one that holds a spare mag. For those of you who have helped with this decision I thank you, if I can help anybody else going through this same decision by sharing information I would be happy to do so. If anybody knows an easy way to get the holster wear marks out let me know. Hopefully will have it by Sat. I know the pics are lousy but they were the one off gunbroker, I will take some better shots when I get it.
    NCHornet

When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

2. Remove Ads

Don't do anything about the holster marks, it's a carry gun. You'll probably make more as soon as you buffed them out.
    It's all character, makes a gun look better to me.

Congratulations on the purchase. Did you get chance to hold/fire one at a local place before you bought?

You're right it is going to go right back in a holster and probably get the same marks in the same place anyway!! I did get to hold a 32ACP with the extended finger rest on the clip, I will say if you have decent sized hands you want that finger rest on the base of the mag. Now I need to get a couple extra mags. I am undecided on what ammo to carry, either Hydrashoks, like a carry in every other gun or maybe just straight ball ammo.
    Thanks for your help.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

mmm, that is a very nice piece

I just looked at the photos a bit closer, that thing doesn't look like it even needs a melt job, very smooth, especially without the traditional sights.

VIP Member
    I bought one last year, sadly I don't get to carry it though....my wife stole it to carry.....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Congrats...

Nice little gun...keep it the way it is...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congratulations on the new pistol.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    very nice....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Administrator
    Nice little gun. I always like the Gutter Snipe idea for a Close In belly gun.

Those marks...you are not going to get those out unless

(1) You make that entire area a brushed satin finish...or

(2) You can find somebody near you with a fine grit blaster that will blast Aluminum Oxide flour...which is a very fine abrasive "dust"

(3) Send it back to the factory.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

me
    Nice little gun you have there, congrats on finding one that will work for you.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

holster choices

Look at Pale Horse holsters and Hedley holsters, for all your pocket holster needs. You can't go wrong with either. I have a few of each and find their work excellent! My Rohrbaugh R9s rides in a Hedley. I use an Aker Sharkskin for my Guardian .32, but I like a Hedley better.

GREAT little gun ya got there! I'd keep it just as it is, with the possible melt-down treatment as an option. As for the holster marks, they give it plenty of charactor..! The guttersnipe system is a great addition..I'll be looking for a range report when you can get to it. Hydrashoks, TAP, Gold Dots work well in the NAA guns..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I like it. Very nice. When you get it, let us know what you think of it.

congrats on the naa...well made pieces, that fer sure !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links