New Pt145

This is a discussion on New Pt145 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my new Taurus PT145. Damn!!! Nice piece. Took 4 days for my gunshop to get it in. Took it out the range, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pt145

New Pt145

I just got my new Taurus PT145. Damn!!! Nice piece. Took 4 days for my gunshop to get it in.

Took it out the range, shooting 230 gr FMJ. Recoil wasn't as bad as I had been lead to believe. Even firing "rapid fire", it didn't buck that bad.

The grip is very comfortable, right on the money when drawing. Sights come up easily.

Currently carrying in a Fobus (first time with this holster). Not my first choise, but dealer had it in his "cheap"box for $5. Carries very nicely.

I have one question for anyone who carries or shoots on of them. Have any of you had a problem accuracy? I was shooting from approximately 21 feet. I had a tight group of 4 inches but they were all low and to the left. I shot slow and tried to place my shots, but they were all low and to the left. I DON'T GET IT!!! Anyone have any ideas??? I'm all ears.
    Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

If guns cause crime, then pens cause illiteracy

Rock Island Armory 1911 compact tactical, Ruger GP 100, Glock 27

2. Remove Ads

Mine shoots low/left too. Jury's still out on the Heinie sights, I still like three dots.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

my wife has one of those and has the same problem.

when i use it, the same thing happens.

a lot of it is me, because i haven't gotten used to the trigger.

it seems like an awfully long pull to me, but that's just my opinion.

Post some pics.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Mine shoots low too. As to the trigger pull being long. If you keep the trigger pulled after the first shot & ease it back to re-set, it a short, light pull. I do agree that the firts pull is long, although there's no resistance until the end, kind of like the Glock, but longer before you hit trigger resistance.

As to what can be done. I'm going to take it to our range tomorrow, & let our rangemasters play with it. I'll let all of you know what they came up with.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I have the PT140 and it too shoots low left. I've had several others shoot it and it's always low left unless aiming point is adjusted high right. It's a nice, light, easily concealable gun, but the aim is off. I would think it was just me, but too many others have the same issue.

Hmmm I have had no problems with my 145. Is your new pistol one with S/A-D/A. Id like to try one and compare.

Mine's the SA/DA. It's DA if you don't pull the slide back or you've fired, but need to pull the trigger again if it didn't go off for some reason.

Otherwise it's SA. When I first got the gun & looked it over, it looked to me the gun would shoot low. Mine's an '07 model & has the heinie straight eight sights. They're decent & you screw the sights into the slide instead of just sliding it into a dovetail.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Great little gun. Mine shoots low left, as well.

Any left-handed shooters out there with this little gun? Does it shoot low/left for you? Or low/right?
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

The first time that I ever qualified for a PD, my Sgt screwed with my mag while we were on the line. He pulled the mag out and replace a couple of rounds with duds. (He about pulled my head off when I tried to turn around and see what he was doing. )
    What he did was show me that I was pushing the gun, anticipating the recoil. This in turn, threw all my shots low and left.
    I would say that is what I am doing now, except for all of your comments. Does anyone know if the sights can be adjusted or do I need to get some new sights. Maybe some Trijicon night sights Gee, wouldn't I just [I]hate[I] to spend some more money on my gun
    Let me know.
    I'll be heading back to the range shortly (i hope) to try and adjust.
    Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

If guns cause crime, then pens cause illiteracy

Rock Island Armory 1911 compact tactical, Ruger GP 100, Glock 27

Administrator
    Look around the threads... almost all problems about accuracy are "low and left". Its flinching, and to much trigger finger.
    I shoot a lot, and still do this with a new gun or if I hadnt been to the range for a length of time. Don't waste money on new sights, because you are shooting low and left... it aint the sights.
    Spend some time with your gun and do lots of dry firing, you'll see an improvement soon enough.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Lol...I made a post about me shooting low and to the left too with my milpro. I think the trigger is just a little too hard to pull (SA). I've gotten much better with it, but when I first got the gun I thought I forgot how to shoot. I've thought about new sights too, but I think the gun just requires more practice than others to become proficient with.

Administrator
    I'm no Dr., but think about how your hand works as you are closing your fingers. Your right hand turns in what direction as your finger applies pressure? Yup, you guessed it, the left.
    Hand strength comes into play here too. The more effort you have to put into pulling the trigger, the worse off you are.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I agree Sixto. I'd like to hear if any lefties out there are shooting low and right with this gun.

My SA trigger is wonderful on this gun. Not as light as my bhp but in the same ballpark.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Mine shoots low, I didn't say it shot to the left. We all can practice more, I'm sure.

We (I'm in personnel & training) shot it from a bench rest. Guess what? It shot low compared to where the sight showed. The Heinie straight-eight sights appear to be set-up too high. So many are shooting low, it's probably typical of the gun for some reason.
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links