Used S&W CS9

This is a discussion on Used S&W CS9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the opportunity to purchase a used S&W CS9 for $350. I saw photos and it looks like it is in good shape. It ...

Thread: Used S&W CS9

Used S&W CS9

I have the opportunity to purchase a used S&W CS9 for $350. I saw photos and it looks like it is in good shape.

It is a DAO, Stainless steel with 300 rounds through it.

I have read that the CS9 is not an accurate firearm. To the CS9 owners, is this true? I'm not looking to take head shots at 30 yards, but I want a little more than COM at 7 yards.

Does anyone know the stock S&W trigger pull on a DAO CS9?

And finally, is this a good deal? It comes with two mags and no mention of a holster.

I will make my final decision based on my fellow members opinions and my examination of the firearm in person.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

350 for a slightly used CS9 is a very good deal. If DAO, the gun utilizes a half cocked trigger so it is not to bad at all. My 6946 is a DAO and is smooth as butter and very consistent.

The gun has @3 inch barrel so 7 yards should not be an issue at all. My 6946 is a 3.5 inch barrel and I use it for IDPA shooting runs with no problems out past 25 yards.

Buy it, provide a review and pics of course.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

sounds like the type of deal I'd go for! Even if you shoot the snot out of it, you'll get all your money back on it..and then some
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Thanks for the replys guys. I will try to make an appointment with the seller to examine the firearm. I'll let you all know how it goes.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I have a CS 40 and 45; these are quality handguns and if their little brother is anything like them it will serve you well. Regards, Richard

Links