Taurus Millennium Pro Titanium

This is a discussion on Taurus Millennium Pro Titanium within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, the wife is going to get her carry permit and I am either going to loose “MY” Glock 19 or find her something to ...

Thread: Taurus Millennium Pro Titanium

OK, the wife is going to get her carry permit and I am either going to loose “MY” Glock 19 or find her something to carry. The local gun shop has a “used” but never fired Taurus Millennium Pro with titanium slide in 9mm, the guy bought it, then traded it in on another Millennium Pro titanium in .45 that had come in a couple days later. Price tag is $399 and I can probably get it for something less; my question is this, does anyone have any experience with these guns, are they reliable and would/do you carry one, or let your wife carry one?
    Last edited by F350; March 8th, 2005 at 03:46 PM.

Lead Moderator
    Don't know about the Pro , but I own a PT140 . 1 issue is a failure of the safety to swich to fire from safe mode. Happened once, so not sure if it was a 1 time problem or not. I don't know how much the Titanium weighs , but recoil may be an issue. My GF shoots 1911's and .44 mags. But the PT recoils and hurts her finger. I think the mag. release switch is the problem , as it may rub her finger during recoil. I have had no other problems with mine. It never has FTF, FTE since round 1. The controls are a bit small but not too hard to reach or operate. Take down and re assembly isn't bad once ya firgure it out too. It seems to be fairly accurate considering the short sight radius. Overall I find my PT to be a good gun for the money.

Also the pro may take a diffrent holster than the PT . So be aware, if ya do get it.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I have the PT111 which is an earlier model of the gun in question. Don't know what they might have changed so take this with a grain of salt.

It's not a bad gun for PDW, the recoil is a bit sharp, disassembly/reassembly is a PITA and frustrating without having the manual open to the proper page, the trigger is LONG, gritty and there is no "trigger reset" (it is the same long pull for everything).

I've only put maybe 150-250 rds thru it to date, so it might grow on me if I give it the chance. But I've been concentrating on pouring 150-200 rds thru either my S&W 1911 or Walther P99 .40 every outing to the range (1-2x/month in this miserable Winter, probably going to 3x/month if we ever see Spring).

Someone is likely to pipe up about cracked frames, but all reports are on larger calibers than 9mm (the original design was for 9mm). No reports that I have seen showed any failure on the 9mm model. They obviously had a problem, and an uninformed guess might be that putting a larger caliber barrel and slide on a lower that was designed for 9mm might over-stress the design!

get another 19, reason, commonality.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

F350, the issue is comfort. I bought my wife the titanium and she hated it. the issue was recoil. It was very hard for her to practice with because the gun was so light. I mean this gun weighs next to nothing. She immediately went back to a steel gun.

I took the titanium out for a spin and immediately sold it. I like the looks and the weight but it was very hard to reaquire because of the recoil. Zero weight made it kick hard and loose sight. reaqusition was very hard for the second shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LenS
    Someone is likely to pipe up about cracked frames, but all reports are on larger calibers than 9mm (the original design was for 9mm).
    Consider this a "pipe up" then. I had a PT145 and IMHO it was a piece of crap. Not only did the frame crack multiple times (I'm talking about chunks of the frame near the back breaking off here), it also had other things like the firing pin break in the middle of an IDPA match...all with less than a 600 rounds through it. After 3 times back to the factory (the only place on earth certified to perform any warranty work), I demanded a new gun. They assured me that this was an isolated case (x3) and refused, so I just cut my losses and got rid of the gun!

I found out some time later that the frame problems were issues well known to Taurus over a year prior to this, which pissed me off even more that they as a firearms company would risk my life and others by allowing firearms with known defective issues to remain in the hands of the public without even the acknowledgement that the problem exists. I hear they make a nice wheel gun, but personally I'd never buy another Taurus product...period!! Even though the price is right...ya get what ya pay for!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Links