Just for the heck of it - Page 2

Just for the heck of it

This is a discussion on Just for the heck of it within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice One on Gunbroker.com for $699.00 Might be more than you want to spend though. GUNBROKER Click Here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just for the heck of it

Administrator

S&W THUNDER RANCH

Nice One on Gunbroker.com for $699.00
    Might be more than you want to spend though.
    GUNBROKER Click Here
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Get rid of the gaudy logo and it would be a good looking gun ... I wonder if i paid a extra 50 or 100 if they would make me one with out it ...

I've seen Smiths with the laser engravings removed before (no logos or stamps or etchings of any kind like you normally expect).

I'd assume the obnoxious logo can be removed by some means by some body...

Personally I'd just leave it there. I know what Thunder Ranch is but 98% of all people don't. They'd probably think it was the name of the gun.

"What kind of gun did he have?"

"It was a Thunder Ranch gun."

At any rate I have a long time to think about it all. It's basically down to these 4 guns: the Service (4") size XD9 or XD 40, the GP100, or the Model 396 (maybe the 21 if I can find one).

the xd9 and gp-100 are both great guns I have a ton of rounds though each.. Cant say much for the smith though ... Though of a Colt Wheelie ?

The good thing about Colt is that you can indiscriminantly buy a Colt and know what you are getting is of at least very good quality and has high resale value.

The bad thing about Colt is that they don't really seem to work any better than other products that cost less but seem to be of comparable quality with regard to function.

Now I do admit Colt seems to beat other brands in terms of finish, fit, and overall polish, but I've never been able to justify the expense. Plus they've quit making what I am looking for. And for the price of a used Colt I could buy a brand new Smith... which would you rather have? It's a hard call but I tend to veer on the side of taking the new gun.

I'd like a Colt Python, but I won't languish over it.

Which would i rather have its a tough call ive got a xd a gp100 and a couple colt s... so still think i would go with the used colt ... cant get into smith wheelies dont know why...Granted there not cheep but deals can be found ...

Plus they always go up in value

Handguns are a lot like knives... almost tottally subjective in the end.

One of us isn't happy unless his holds 17+1 rounds.

Then another one of us isn't happy unless his gun is chambered in .45 ACP.

Then someone else isn't happy unless his gun has a two tone finish.

Then someone else isn't happy unless his gun is round.

Challenge any of their choices, and they will all attack you with everything from long, carefully thought out and researched counterpoints to crude/arrogant insults.

The reason we like one thing is because we don't like something else or we can even outright hate it. I don't like fumbling around with magazines. I have grown to hate external safeties.

Put me in the same room with someone married to the 1911 who hates long stiff trigger pulls and we'll argue for hours and piss each other off and get stark raving mad. And we'll do it again and again because we actually love it.

We used to have this idea in education that people should be well rounded. We've tossed that idea out. People are not well rounded. They specialize, for better or worse.

One man hates adding long columns of numbers together. He gets a job driving a forklift. Another man loves adding long columns of numbers together and becomes an accountant.

To accomplish anything, you have to hate doing something else. Given the choice between Colt and Smith and Wesson, you've got to prefer one over the other at least slightly.

It would be ideal if we could all use every gun equally well, but that's not reality for most of us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links