Nighthawk Enforcer

Nighthawk Enforcer

This is a discussion on Nighthawk Enforcer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I picked up a Nighthawk Enforcer today at Big Bore, one of our local gunshops and a Nighthawk dealer. I didn't get a chance ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DC Founder

Nighthawk Enforcer

Well, I picked up a Nighthawk Enforcer today at Big Bore, one of our local gunshops and a Nighthawk dealer. I didn't get a chance to take it to the range today but will do a review and a range report this weekend. Awesome fit, finish and workmanship. I can't wait toget it on the range.
    Attached Images
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

1952 - 2006
    Nice looking gun Bumper, I look forward to your report and your eval after say 1,000 rounds. I'll be very interested in your comments.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Thumbs up

Sweeet! Nice lookin piece Bumper...will be waiting for range report.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

DC Founder
    The other gun in the pictures is my Kimber TLE II. I can hear my wife now. They look just alike. They are both big, heavy, black and that thing cost how much?

They are really very different in look and feel. She won't buy it, lol.
    Bumper

Congrats Bump'r. I am awaiting the arrival of my 1st NHC 1911.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

1952 - 2006
    Bumper it's like buying a 1911 with a damascus slide. People will ask "Why?" and when they do, you have to respond, "If you have to ask why then you just don't understand".

I have 3 very custom guns as you know. The Rock River and the 2 Thunder Ranch Specials. My Kimber CDP is a custom gun but it's just not in the same class as the others.
    When I "play" with my Rock River I am still soooo impressed with the fit, feel, finish, etc. A remarkable piece of machinery.

One gun I would still like to see and own is a 1911 with a damascus slide and a color case hardened frame. I think that it would look so cool, with Ivory grips.

Just the thought of such a gun gets me soooo excited!!!
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

DC Founder
    That would be an awesome looking gun. BigBore makes a Dascus steel slide 1911 (picture attached). They are awesome looking. Nighthawk said that Gordon had made one Damascus Mercury model (the one with the holes in the slide) and would never make another one. THAT would be an awesome combination as well with the high polished, fluted bull barrel. I would sure hate to pay for one.

The only Nighthawk I have ever shot was nighthawk's Talon (4") and it was so different than shooting my Kimber. Recoil was much lighter, accuracy was insane and it just "felt" different as the slide moved. Don't get me wrong, I like my Kimber's "out of the box" accuracy and I believe them to be damn good guns. But when it comes to the lives of my family, knowing that a custom costs more for a good reason, the cost is an aside. I can't see it as a gun that I will ever sell. I told my son tonight that I would be leaving it to him in my will. He said he would need a display case to put it in; I told him I would leave himn a good holster to go with it.
    Attached Images
    Bumper

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by APachon
    Congrats Bump'r. I am awaiting the arrival of my 1st NHC 1911.
    Thanks, Andy, when's yours supposed to arrive? :heeeellll
    Bumper

Ooo AHHH Wish i could get one

I don't understand why he needs two guns, only one can be used at a time. But they are such nice looking and of course handle differently, yea, thats it they handle differently and will require hours of shooting and practice. Good luck on your new play toy Bumper, its nice.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

NICE PIECE ya got there Bumper!!! Nuthin like a custom weapon to fit your hands like they were a part of your body! Lookin forward to your Evals and reports!

Some feedback on NightHawk guns

I just got this from a member of my IDPA Club (match was yesterday):

My friend said I should drive him up to a gun shop in Delray to look at some 1911s that were on the shelf for sale. Jason, Watfa and Steve piled in my truck for the trip.

It is a nice shop and it does have some nice 1911s for sale. I wanted to see the new Nighthawk line which is being made by three of Wilson's top 'smiths who struck out on their own. Of all their guns the only one that interested me was their cheapest one, the Enforcer.

The pistol is well excuted, nicely finished off and tight without being to tight. Steve twisted my arm and I bought it. Since it was his idea he got to shoot it first at the range. That's what friends are for (shoot your guns and help you spend your money). I should tell you that I had no intention of buying a gun that day.

I go back and tear it apart to replace the trigger with a short one that night. Upon trying to remove the side I found it was stuck on pretty tight and I didn't want to mess it up so I waited until morning to get permission from Nighthawk to use a rubber mallet to remove the slide. The recoil rod (a short one as they should be) was left very wide and would not fit down on the top of the barrel and thereofre binded in the slide. A file and foredom tool took care of that problem.

Next was the trigger. I found that whoever put the gun together never cleaned out the slots for the trigger to ride. A stone took care of that problem.

Next was the mag release was left with some burrs inside the frame. It did not operate with any smoothness. Craytex took care of that.

Then the sear needed a little polish on the wheel. Then the hammer.

The point is it looked great on the outside but needed some work on the inside, just like the Wilson's. I'm sure that some would be happy with it as it was but I wanted better. Figure in my time and it wasn't the bargain it appeared to be at first. Still for the money it is a worthwhile investment, certainly not a custom pistol but not the price either.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Very soon, but the funny thing is I can't unveil it until May 20th as it is a gift for the Wife.

~A

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Thanks, Andy, when's yours supposed to arrive? :heeeellll
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    The point is it looked great on the outside but needed some work on the inside, just like the Wilson's. I'm sure that some would be happy with it as it was but I wanted better. Figure in my time and it wasn't the bargain it appeared to be at first. Still for the money it is a worthwhile investment, certainly not a custom pistol but not the price either.
    I have a hard time taking this message very seriously. I have never heard anyone, either in person or in a post (and I have read a lot of them) have a problem with any of the flaws that this guy is writing about. Since I worked in the yard all day today I didn't get a chance to take mine to the range yet, but I did strip it and examined just about every part with a magnifying glass and saw nothing that I would I consider less than perfect. Mine stripped easily and went back together with no problems. I agree with the short guide rod being "as they should be" but it was not "too wide", nor did it bind with anything. And, I doubt that it was some early problem that they ironed out later since mine has a 2 digit serial number. Possibly this guy is one of those buyers that are never satisfied with anything no matter how good it is or simply thinks he can do better than the proven master gunsmiths at Wilson/Nighthawk. I would also wonder what his definition of custom is?
    Bumper

I smell kaka. I have handled a few NHC pistols and they were all very impressive. I did get to detail strip a Predator and it was ungodly sweet. The attention to detail was overly impressive.

~A
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links