Sig guys I've got some news!

This is a discussion on Sig guys I've got some news! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking at Sigs newest catalog and I saw some new models. Some I've already seen, some were new. 1. 220 Match and Super ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was looking at Sigs newest catalog and I saw some new models. Some I've already seen, some were new.

1. 220 Match and Super Match
    2. 220 and 220 Carry Elites
    3. 229 and 226 Elites (also stainless framed elites)
    4. 220 Compact (the new 245) This is the one I'm excited about. I will be carrying a Sig 220 through a police academy and on duty. I wanted a 245 to carry as back-up and off duty. Now I see they are coming out with the 220 Compact. They come in DA/SA, SAO, and DAK and it has a beavertail.

Now if they would only come out with a true pocket sized gun like the Rohrbaugh or Kahr PM9.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

The latest Sig catalog is an awesome little book, I counted about 12 pages of 220s IIRC.

JD
    Administrator
    I'd also like to add that the 220 Elites will be available with the SAO trigger...DROOL, DROOL

Hey Guys...

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    I was looking at Sigs newest catalog and I saw some new models. Some I've already seen, some were new.

1. 220 Match and Super Match
    2. 220 and 220 Carry Elites
    3. 229 and 226 Elites (also stainless framed elites)
    4. 220 Compact (the new 245) This is the one I'm excited about. I will be carrying a Sig 220 through a police academy and on duty. I wanted a 245 to carry as back-up and off duty. Now I see they are coming out with the 220 Compact. They come in DA/SA, SAO, and DAK and it has a beavertail.

Now if they would only come out with a true pocket sized gun like the Rohrbaugh or Kahr PM9.
    We've got to get together on this...don't, I repeat, DON'T tell SIXTO of this news...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sig P220 Compact on website

The Sigarms website is showing the Sig P220 Compact, which has a 6 round magazine, short grip and beavertail, with a 3.9 inch barrel. It is heavy, weighing 31.2 ounces empty.

Lead Moderator
    The annoying thing (and I consider myself a SIG lover) is now there seem to be rails on just about EVERY basic model!

But the 2007 catalog is a nice "dream" book!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Interesting.

There is high demand for a CCW Sig in 45acp, but somebody really failed at engineering the Sig 245. I don't know any Sig owners that kept their 245s.

I may be interested in a Compact 220.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    The annoying thing (and I consider myself a SIG lover) is now there seem to be rails on just about EVERY basic model!

But the 2007 catalog is a nice "dream" book!

I have to agree, NOT EVERYONE WANTS A RAIL!!!!!

VIP Member
    SIGARMS displayed some of those guns at SHOT, but not the 220 Compact; they had some problems with them around the time of the show.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    We've got to get together on this...don't, I repeat, DON'T tell SIXTO of this news...

ret
    You have failed ye retired one! I have seen it, and waiting for one. It looks pretty nice, but I don't know how well it will carry. I'm a little skeptical.

75scout... I've been carrying a 220R for about two years now. I had the choice of anything I wanted with the exception of a 1911, I donít regret my choice at all.
    The capacity was a topic of discussion among the ranks, most guys chose the 226 for the extra ammo. The brass was a little hesitant to allow a few break from the ranks and get a 220 due to the "low" capacity. My answer to the Capt. was this... would you rather explain to the media why the BG was shot 16 times or 9 times? The 220s were ordered that afternoon.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I just recently got rid of my G37, because GAP ammo was starting to really annoy me. Which was disappointing since Its the first 45 glock that fit my hand right and they had to screw it up with that pointless caliber. But anyway, I have one sig now, a p229 9mm, and its starting to grow on me. I've been looking for a 45 to replace the one I had, and that p220 compact looks awesome. I really like the beavertail, and the overall looks of the gun. $973 msrp for the stainless finish model seems a bit pricey. But, at the same time it is a sig. Im a diehard glock fan, but I think my temptation might get the better of me on this new sig.

That weight is incorrect. Thats the weight of the full size (4.4" barrel) 220. I believe the Compact weight 29oz, although thats not really any better.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

A compact 220...sweet. May have to start saving up for another Sig.

Sigh.....someone is always coming up with new pistols that I want. It seems I may never be satisfied with the collection I have.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I'd be happy with slim grips to replace the factory ones on the 220...

Weight of P220 Compact

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    That weight is incorrect. Thats the weight of the full size (4.4" barrel) 220. I believe the Compact weight 29oz, although thats not really any better.
    The 31.2 ounce weight is shown on the Sigarms website on the page describing the P220 Compact:

Sig P220 Compact on website

It does seem heavy, as they show a 30.4 ounce weight for the P220 Carry SAS on another page, and that has a longer grip:

Sig P220 Carry SAS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links