And then there were none

This is a discussion on And then there were none within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my main defensive pistol (9mm Tokarev) has suddenly experianced a major FTC issue. So I remove said firearm from the line up and revert ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And then there were none

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar

And then there were none

So my main defensive pistol (9mm Tokarev) has suddenly experianced a major FTC issue. So I remove said firearm from the line up and revert to my father-in-law's Taurus pt22 ( http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol )

Now today I take my wife to the range to try out this new pistol. I go through the safety checks with her and everything is all dandy.

Fire 16 rounds no issue. Gun not too bad on the accuracy and everything is splendid. (Wife liked it when she used it also) So I fire one more time and something hits me on the head. Lo and behold it is the slide. The pistol had spontaniously disassembled itself before it even had reached 20 rounds and in less than 15 minutes of range time.

Now I am wondering if there are any firearm gods that I may offer a sacrifice to so that I can stop being punished. As my oldest and dearest companion (Winchester 1300 shotgun) is not feeling safe anymore.

Any knowledge as to the whereabouts of these "Gun Gods" shall be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have found that the sacrifice the gun gods deem most appropriate is a cash sacrifice in the purchase of a Glock. Luckily, they are equally pleased by a used pistol or a new one.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

So dancing in front of the local gun store would not work?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Administrator
    The gun gods were not punishing you at all, they were telling you something.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Was it to not buy Chinese made Soviet designed versions of Browning firearms in a modified caliber from the original, used from a pawn shop? Because if so they could of been less vague.

Or was it to never borrow weapons from a father-in-law because it is obviously a set up in retaliation for stealing his daughter away?

Administrator
    The gods have spoken, you recieved the message.
    "Just blame Sixto"

So they will be happy about the fact that due to a self imposed prohibition on beer/video games, and a wife that will be working during the summer I will have more of a sacrifice to send their way.

Now my choice is between a Taurus 375mag revolver, Hi point 9mm, Bersa 380 or a (wishfull thinking mind you) XD45 compact with a 5" barrel as opposed to the 4".

The choice will be up to my wife, as whatever I get will eventually be her pistol while I get my dream one.

All praise the Gun Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    So dancing in front of the local gun store would not work?
    Well, it might not hurt,

but to do it properly, you'd have to be naked except for a pair of argyle socks... you might want to let everyone know when you are going to do this, so we can avoid the store during this very scarey.... uh I mean sacred moment.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Sure, just tell me where the closest store to each of your houses are. I will be happy to do a tour for donations. *Disclaimer Donations to the Church of Gun Gods accepted though all major sources. However this is a fictional church, and really is just some poor kid typing things up in his living room.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I have found that the sacrifice the gun gods deem most appropriate is a cash sacrifice in the purchase of a Glock. Luckily, they are equally pleased by a used pistol or a new one.

HEATHEN!
    The Gods of 1911 will surely spat curses upon your head!

Why do I care anyways? I don't own either.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator
    A "Burnt Offering" of the Taurus to the SIG or Colt God should set things right and get you back into good heavenly graces.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    The elders have spoken, and you should listen.

Come to Oregon to do the naked dance, and I will put $50 towards your sacrifice.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post

+1 to that. Get yourself a Glock. Then you can sleep better at night.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Get a used glock, sacrifice it by fire to the god of 1911, then go buy a loaded springer.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Get a used glock, sacrifice it by fire to the god of 1911, then go buy a loaded springer.
    AMEN! brother preach on. Just about any 1911 will do.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links