Taurus MilPro PT145 review

This is a discussion on Taurus MilPro PT145 review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there's been a couple of these, but there are a few things I wanted to mention, so here goes. First my apologies to ...

Thread: Taurus MilPro PT145 review

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar

I know there's been a couple of these, but there are a few things I wanted to mention, so here goes.

First my apologies to Sixto. I'm making this on the board because I made my statement on the board. He mentioned people were pushing their gun while firing them & I made a comment that the sights were set-up to shoot low & commented about using a bench rest. Sorry Sixto, that's all I can say. I should have waited untill I'd actually put a decent amount of rounds through the gun. I had let one of the rangemasters (A non-sworn full-timer) check out my gun (Take it down, etc) & he apparently set the bench rest up wrong (Don't ask me how). So, sorry Sixto.

I took it out yesterday & a retired Sgt, who had run the snipers is a part-time rangemaster. We did things properly.

The gun, of course, it Taurus's MilPro PT145. It also has the rails on it & the stainless steel slide. The gun's accurate. About as accurate as my Glock 36, which is the most accurate handgun I have (had).

We actually shot duty ammo out of it (LE Ranger SXT 230 gr). What surprised me was that the gun's about 2 oz. heavier than the G36, about 3/4" shorter & a 1/2" shorter barrel. The gun, however, has more recoil than the G36, which surprised me.

The trigger's fine, once you get used to the long, no weight pull, before it engages. Once you get to resistance, it's short & crisp. No play or mushiness at all! Utilizing the short reset, I was able to make double & multiple taps right on.

All in all I'm VERY happy. Because of it's slightly longer slide, it actually makes for a more comfortable carry in appendix position.

I'm extremely happy so far & it'll probably be my EDC or at least share the duties with my Kahr PM9.

Hope this was of some help.
    Last edited by cockedlocked01; March 27th, 2007 at 06:06 PM.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Happy to hear that you've sorted things out. That PT145 is a great gun for the money. A pretty good gun whatever you pay for it. I've had Glocks, SIGs and HKs - but there's a place for Taurus guns too. And the PT145 is one of them.
    Clint
    Kansas - The original Old West
    Open Skies - Long Vistas

Sponsored Links