Beretta 9000?

This is a discussion on Beretta 9000? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the range with some friends today and my one friend brought his dad's Beretta 9000 9mm. I fired two mags with it, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: Beretta 9000?

Beretta 9000?

I went to the range with some friends today and my one friend brought his dad's Beretta 9000 9mm. I fired two mags with it, and really liked the way the gun felt and shot. It is a pretty thick gun, but fits my hand perfect. It was very accurate and had no problems with the 100+ rounds we put through it. I was wondering if anyone here has owned/shot one or knows much about them, since I have never seen one before. I have some extra cash burning a hole in my wallet and thought about picking up a cheap 9mm for plinking and for occasional carry. I found one new for $330.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    These guns are either well liked or detested among Berettaphiles. They didn't do well in the marketplace and were discontinued by Beretta.

It's a chunky little gun...doesn't fit my hand too well.

That's a great price for this gun; especially NIB. If it floats your boat grab it before it's gone.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

p85
    My son bought one a couple months back. He likes it. We go to the range every couple of weeks and put about 200 rounds thru his and 3-400 rounds thru my new ruger mk III. I carry a ruger p-85, which fits my hands better than his beretta. I have big hands.

I liked mine when I had it but it was too fat for my hand so I sold it. Great little gun, IMHO. A bargain for the money.

I Have One...9mm...

and I love it...
    Took some getting used to...the trigger and the grip, but the gun has been flawless...
    Was my EDC until I met the 1911 family.

I put night sights on mine, and I still take it for rides. I am surprised that not more people liked it.

The C & L feature is great, and I like the decocker too.

Mine is dead on accurate and fun to shoot...great little gun!
    I will never sell it...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    (SNIP) I am surprised that not more people liked it.
    (SNIP)
    ret
    Most Beretta fans I know that have tried the gun and don't like it say they don't like it for one of two reasons:

- the grip is too chunky so it doesn't fit the hand of user (my reason), and/or
    - it's not Beretta 92 (neither's the Cougar or Px4, but I think those are excellent guns).
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator
    I don't like it because the slide is not tall enough; its hard to get a good grasp for malfunction drills. The ergonomics are a little weird, and its awful fat for what its intended purpose is, but the last two can be overcome.
    It feels and shoots like a well made gun, but those flaws killed it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    Buying a holster for it might be a problem unless you'll settle for a generic one size fits all rig.

me
    Some folks did not like them because the .40 had some issues but the 9mms have been flawless to my knowlegde.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I Had No Trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Buying a holster for it might be a problem unless you'll settle for a generic one size fits all rig.
    Getting a 'boned' holster for my 9000S...

ret
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; March 30th, 2007 at 04:55 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

axxurate

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    I went to the range with some friends today and my one friend brought his dad's Beretta 9000 9mm. I fired two mags with it, and really liked the way the gun felt and shot. It is a pretty thick gun, but fits my hand perfect. It was very accurate and had no problems with the 100+ rounds we put through it. I was wondering if anyone here has owned/shot one or knows much about them, since I have never seen one before. I have some extra cash burning a hole in my wallet and thought about picking up a cheap 9mm for plinking and for occasional carry. I found one new for $330.
    I went to the range today to shoot my beretta 9000s I just got at a gun show. I also own a M&P 9mm which I love, shoot it very well. For some reason be know to me I could not shoot the beretta as well as I hoped. I"m not new to shooting so I was a little confused as to why the gun did not preform as I thought it would. I did clean it the night before and did not have any problems with the gun jamming worked quite well. I just could not get the round on target. It is a 40mm. I was shooting at 30 feet to the target. No problem with my M&P. Any advice, really like the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
    I went to the range today to shoot my beretta 9000s I just got at a gun show. I also own a M&P 9mm which I love, shoot it very well. For some reason be know to me I could not shoot the beretta as well as I hoped. I"m not new to shooting so I was a little confused as to why the gun did not preform as I thought it would. I did clean it the night before and did not have any problems with the gun jamming worked quite well. I just could not get the round on target. It is a 40mm. I was shooting at 30 feet to the target. No problem with my M&P. Any advice, really like the gun.
    I assume you meant a .40 caliber... a 40mm would break your arms......
    I have shot both the 9mm and .40 Sw 9000 and both were not the most accurate guns for me, but it was me and not the guns. They felt great but I just couldnt seem to get on thwe money. I would still buy one in 9mm however, just because I really like the way they look.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member
    As for holsters: Get a hybrid holster that closely matches your 9000, then heat the kydex gently with a hairdryer until pliable (but not melted). Have gloves on and gently shove the pistol into the holster while pressing and forming the kydex around the gun until it cools and holds its shape on the pistol.......you now have a custom holster.

I have been doing this for a while. Sounds hard, really very easy to do and if you don't get the forming exactly right the first time, just re-heat the problem areas and do it until it is right.

I have used holsters made for the CZ75 compact to make a holster for a Tanfoglio Mossad compact, a Kahr CM40 for an AMT 45 DAO, a ...........you get the picture.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I assume you meant a .40 caliber... a 40mm would break your arms......
    I have shot both the 9mm and .40 Sw 9000 and both were not the most accurate guns for me, but it was me and not the guns. They felt great but I just couldnt seem to get on thwe money. I would still buy one in 9mm however, just because I really like the way they look.
    If shooting a 40mm just close to the target is good enough!
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    If shooting a 40mm just close to the target is good enough!
    This is why I carry this : 45630d1322784342-gun-tests-slams-mosin-nagant-comparison-test-obrez.jpg

But I have never heard the 9000 .. Huh learn something new today hmm can be made to take 92 mags I may have to look into this

Links