XD Question

XD Question

This is a discussion on XD Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a XD40SC. I have been able to get to the range only once since my purchase, but I put 200 rounds through ...

Thread: XD Question

XD Question

I recently purchased a XD40SC. I have been able to get to the range only once since my purchase, but I put 200 rounds through it with almost no issues. I really liked the way the weapon handled and I was impressed with it between 7 and 15 yards. It was a little tough at 25 yards, and I hope I can work that out. I am going to get some snap caps and trick myself to catch my flinching.

So my only issue was a failure to feed a round. I figured it was because the first round out of the magazine was too tight (new spring). I left it -1 from then on and never had another issue. I realized I could only get 7 +1 with the small magazine. I thought I had remembered Springfield's site saying 9 +1. Again I thought this was very odd, but attributed it to a tight spring. Well today my brother-in-law noticed the butt plate of the magazine says "10 round 9mm" on it! No for the dumbest question ever... Springfield doesn't use the same mag for both .40 and 9mm do they?

I am assuming I can get the shop owner to make it right. If not I guess I will have to order a couple of mags, and a XD9SC. :)

you probably have a 9mm mag back when we were just getting XD's going good we used to bend the lips in a little for using a 40 mag for 9mm and we would take a 9mm mag and bend the lips slightly out but basically their the same mag body with different followers if you put them side by side you couldn't hardly tell the diff.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

I agree with above my 40cal XD SC mags hold 13 9mm but it is marked to hold 9 in the mag for 40

Call springer they will probley send you the 40 cal mag for free

Sponsored Links