Night Sights?? - Page 2

Night Sights??

This is a discussion on Night Sights?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For what its worth i have TruGlo TFO's on my Glock 23 & they are awsome!! They are great during the day (with the fiber-optic ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Sights??

For what its worth i have TruGlo TFO's on my Glock 23 & they are awsome!! They are great during the day (with the fiber-optic tubes) & are really brite @ night as well & are guarented to be that way for like 10-12 years & i paid only $89 shipped to my door on Ebay....

Somewhere down the road, I would like to try the TruGlo TFO's, when they are available for my gun.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Trijicon and Mep are what I use, like'm both just fine.

+1 on that set up, ront.

I do not like rear lamps. I have the Hilton Yam 10-8 sight on the rear of my Nighthawk and a Novak NS on the front. Very crisp sight picture and no distracting glow in the rear.

I do have front and rear night sights on a Les Baer, but these are adjustable sights and somehow Baer gets the rears dimmer than the front, so they are livable.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

VIP Member
    I have meprolights on my glock 30 and HK USP 45, love 'em both
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

have you guys seen those suresight triangular sights? any experience with them? good, bad, ugly? they look really compelling, or am I succumbing to all flash and no substance?

I have Meprolight on my Custom II...I haven't had to use them in the dark, but they sure seem to show up well.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Hi everybody. I asked about night sights on a Taurus mil pro pt-111. You gave some nice suggestions, but none will work on this gun. I called Taurus today and they said that they are trying to get some made for this gun in less than a year from now. So we will see. Thanks for the replies. Jeff.
    Always Pack and Keep Your Groups Tight.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus 2006 View Post
    Hi everybody. I asked about night sights on a Taurus mil pro pt-111. You gave some nice suggestions, but none will work on this gun. I called Taurus today and they said that they are trying to get some made for this gun in less than a year from now. So we will see. Thanks for the replies. Jeff.
    to be honest, I wasn't replying to your post, I replied to the original post (as did everyone else that I can tell)
    perhaps you should make your own thread next time and it will be noticed more easily
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I will not have another pistol without Nite Sites if they are available. I have Tritium iron sites on my AR-15 and a Tritium bead on my Mossberg and Tritium on the Glock 23. When I replace the ones on my Glock, I will definitely switch to a two color combination. The Yellow Front and Green Rear does increase speed on target.

The new XD9sc I am ordering I will be getting with the Heinie Straight 8 Tritium as I understand it is faster for the human eye to align a vertical sight image than a horizontal sight image and see how that works out. If I don't like it, I will probably switch over to a set of traditional 3 dot but with the two color contrast.

My only concern is consistency! All my other pistols use a traditional 3 dot configuration horizontal alignment and to switch over to a 2 dot vertical alignment has me wondering if this will be confusing in a moment of "fight or flight." It's bad enought that I like many people, do switch between 2 or 3 different carry weapons, but also to switch to a totally different sight alignment as well does give me pause.

Any thoughts on this issue?

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    +1 on the Mepro's
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

+1 on the TFOs. I have them on my XD45 and they are far and away much better in daylight conditions than the Mepros on my Ultra Carry. You can easily see the TFOs 24/7. I have a hard time picking up the dots on my Mepros in the daylight.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

Ok sorry for the Hassle. Next time I will start a new thread. Jeff.
    Always Pack and Keep Your Groups Tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Vlad Tepes View Post
    have you guys seen those suresight triangular sights? any experience with them? good, bad, ugly? they look really compelling, or am I succumbing to all flash and no substance?
    I had the chance to fire a rental weapon with these sights. Once you master the learning curve, they work well. However... I did not find them as fast as the XS Express 24/7 Big Dot Tritium. That sight picture was much quicker to establish for me. I have installed the XS sights on all my defensive firearms now.

I think my problem with the SureSights was that I was spending more effort focusing on the rear sight to get the "triangle" lined up perfectly. I don't think I conciously pay attention to the "stick" on the "lollipop" when establishing the XS sight picture.

Sponsor
    I have TruGlo TFO's on all of my carry guns. They are outstanding in all light levels - even in twilight when conventional nite sights tend to be really hard to see.
    We stock 'em with a green front, and yellow rears. With the color contrast, that front site picks up instantly. They are the fastest sights I've ever used.

Gary, I have the same sights on my G17. These are the ones with N/S's in them as well? I didn't think I'd like them but the Glock Dr put them on to have me check them out and I chose to keep them.

I have the same setup, green up front, yellow in the rear. In overcast lighting, they are like lighthouse beacons. As you mention, at dusk before the N/S's would kick in well, they're superb.

Getting ready to put them on another G17 shortly as well.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links