My local gunshop hates me!

This is a discussion on My local gunshop hates me! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went down there today to make a payment on the G19 I have in layaway. It listed for $550 and after today I owe ...

Thread: My local gunshop hates me!

I went down there today to make a payment on the G19 I have in layaway. It listed for $550 and after today I owe about $240 on it. Just for kicks I decided to look around and asked to see the 9mm S&W M&P. The thing felt good in my hands and I like it fine, same with the Compact with mag extension - but it was on sale for $479! Why do they keep doing this to me?! I tell ya' it's a conspiracy!!!

I briefly thought about maybe getting the Compact 9 next but that would defeat the purpose of my G19 - when I get the G26 I can use the same mags. Plus, I'm thinking my next purchase might be a Bushy M4A3.

Have to admit though, I was really impressed with the M&Ps. If I wasn't already getting the Glock it'd be a tough choice between the two.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Consider yourself lucky a M&P is $6-800 up here and the G19 is about a $1,000 (fitted with longer barrel)

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I went down there today to make a payment on the G19 I have in layaway. It listed for $550 and after today I owe about $240 on it. Just for kicks I decided to look around and asked to see the 9mm S&W M&P. The thing felt good in my hands and I like it fine, same with the Compact with mag extension - but it was on sale for $479! Why do they keep doing this to me?! I tell ya' it's a conspiracy!!!

I briefly thought about maybe getting the Compact 9 next but that would defeat the purpose of my G19 - when I get the G26 I can use the same mags. Plus, I'm thinking my next purchase might be a Bushy M4A3.

Have to admit though, I was really impressed with the M&Ps. If I wasn't already getting the Glock it'd be a tough choice between the two.
    Jack

Trade????

Get the M&P compact and forget about the G19 and G26!

BTW I own a G26.

I'd lose some cash in the swap deal. Besides, I've already got two great holsters on order for the Glock. I'll just stick with what I've got and add another G19 for emergency back up and a G26 for ultra compact carry.
    Jack

VIP Member
    They are great folks there, that's for certain...but they do have a way of bringing you back again...and again...and again....

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    They are great folks there, that's for certain...but they do have a way of bringing you back again...and again...and again....
    Definitely, they've never once pressured me toward any brand of gun if I was looking at something else - like some dealers try to push Kimbers and other brands. Their prices are a little higher than Guns & Leather but it's a lot closer to home and the unlimited pay off time for layaways really helps when living on a strict budget ... but I STILL say they hate me!
    Jack

I have had nearly the same thing happen to me and I know how you feel.

I like the M&P too but I decided to give the M&P a couple more years of maturing to make sure there are no long term hidden bugs in the design before I buy one. So I went with a Glock 23 when it came time to get myself a new carry gun. I have it on my right hip right now in fact and I really love this gun.
    Easy to carry, to clean, accurate to shoot and you just can't beat the durability.

Don't feel bad about what you are buying. It will serve you well for a very, very long time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    I have had nearly the same thing happen to me and I know how you feel.

I like the M&P too but I decided to give the M&P a couple more years of maturing to make sure there are no long term hidden bugs in the design before I buy one. So I went with a Glock 23 when it came time to get myself a new carry gun. I have it on my right hip right now in fact and I really love this gun.
    Easy to carry, to clean, accurate to shoot and you just can't beat the durability.

Don't feel bad about what you are buying. It will serve you well for a very, very long time.
    You still sporting around in a Blackhawk CQC holster?

You just can't go wrong with a Glock!!! I currently own the 26, 27 and the 19. I can use the 19's mags in the 26 and all 3 share the same holsters! I've tried many guns and for me the 26 and 27 are the best for CCW. The 19 is a great all around gun and great for the range as well.

gun shop owners have power over us there is nothing you can do but buy . thank GOD for gun shops.

When I go to gun shops I let my wife hold the credit cards and check book.

The M&P feels good but I've never shot them. My vote is for the Glock. 19 & 26 are great! Stay the course, like Sig P239 said, give the M&P some time to get the bugs out and prove themselves. We know the Glocks are!

No worries, I'm definitely sticking with the G19. It feels just as sweet in my hands, it's a proven design and if I get a G26 for carry during those dog days of Summer I can use my 15 round mag as a reload.

I bought three brand new G19 mags from Midway already and plan on getting at least a few more before the gun's paid off. Haven't sprung for any G17 or 18 mags yet, still debating that. Also plan on adding an SS or Tungsten guide rod and TFO Tru-Glo nightsights for carry.

I'm still happy with the Glock choice, just irritated that I could've almost had an M&P paid for by now instead of the two more installments I currently have.
    Jack

Sponsored Links