Replacement Glock barrels

This is a discussion on Replacement Glock barrels within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so my modifications to my trigger on my G19 are complete and I'm happy with what I've done. I've been thinking of putting in ...

Thread: Replacement Glock barrels

Replacement Glock barrels

Ok, so my modifications to my trigger on my G19 are complete and I'm happy with what I've done. I've been thinking of putting in a replacement barrel for 2 reason. 1.) The barrel is worn down to bare metal and looks like crap. 2.) Im wondering if I could get better accuracy with a aftermarket barrel. Right now, Im looking at barsto stainless G19 barrels as one I might consider. Does anyone have an opinion on aftermarket barrels? Would I gain much over the stock barrel. Also, I've been considering refinishing the stock barrel and slide. I checked with my local shop about sending it to glock, but they said it could take 8-12 weeks. Thats too long, plus they said glock didn't like people modifing their guns, which I have. So does anyone know were I could get the same quality finish with a quicker turn-around?
    Last edited by Bud White; March 31st, 2007 at 08:05 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Post Save Some Money - EFK Fire Dragon

The EFK Fire Dragon barrels are excellent.
    Their standard Glock 19 barrel is 149.00
    Their "standard" barrel IS a match grade barrel.
    All of their barrels are precision Match grade.

CLICK HERE EFK Fire Dragon

Click on Standard Barrels

Then Glock

and then scroll down to Glock 19
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standard Barrel
    THESE ARE SOME OF THE FINEST PISTOL BARRELS MADE IN THE WORLD!
    Because of the care exercised in manufacturing and unwillingness to compromise on any step of the process.

We use the finest material available (type 416 Stainless Steel)
    Machining processes are accomplished on CNC equipment for close-tolerance production.
    Heat treating is done in a vacuum furnace for clean, consistent hardness of 43-45Rc
    Barrels are bored and rifled using ECM process (electro chemical machining).
    This process produces greater accuracy (+/- 50 millionths of an inch) and a superior finish (16 RMS or better).
    It also creates less stress button, broach cutting, resulting in a more accurate barrel with greater durability.
    The end result is a good-looking, top-quality barrel with consistent, accurate and long-lasting performance.
    And don't forget the service.
    We deal with our customers on a personal level to ensure their complete satisfaction on all of our products.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Remember that the Bar Sto barrels (priced at $203.00) are usually Semi Drop In - which means that you might have to pay a gunsmith to fit it if you are not qualified to fit it yourself.

For a self~defense handgun I would go with the EFK.
    Last edited by QKShooter; March 31st, 2007 at 02:52 AM.

Glockmeister

I bought a replacement Glock barrel for my G23 from Glockmeister in Arizona, and was quite pleased with the product and the service. It costs about $120:

Glockmeister

I just had my G23 refinished in hard chrome with http://www.trippresearch.com/ for $130 it took 10 days. They do some other finishes as well. They did very good work with mine, I have pics on my post at http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=22912 if you want to see the finished product.

Robar at http://www.robarguns.com/index.htm is great, but the take several weeks (8-10 i think)

kylebce has himself a beautiful G23 now too. I am a good bit jealous of his 23.

And his metal working skills......
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have checked with glock and they will refinish the barrel and slide for $45. But I don't want to wait that long for them to get my gun back to me. I want a finish that looks as original as possible. But its not a priority to me because my glock is a tool; not a work of art. The thing Im most concerned about is the barrel since I use this gun for competition shooting. If I can find someone that can get my gun refinished In 2 weeks, great, if not I'll leave it as is. I looked at tripp research, but it looked like they only offered crome, and I want a black finish except for a stainless barrel.

Links