Cz 75b

This is a discussion on Cz 75b within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have a CZ 75B? What to you think about it? I went to one of the local gun stores and ran across a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz 75b

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!

Cz 75b

Does anyone have a CZ 75B? What to you think about it? I went to one of the local gun stores and ran across a CZ 75B “Semi Compact” at least that is what I think it was called. The price is too good to pass up at $349.00 NIB. Every thing I have read about them was positive, the only thing I did not care for was the placement of the slide release, but I think I can get used to it.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

2. Remove Ads

Don't own one but know a couple who do and say they are great i have shot one a bit and really liked it

My last gun purchase was a CZ 75B Compact and .22 Kadet adapter. It is a solid and heavy gun. I love shooting this gun as it comes back on target so easily and accurately. I've shot 400 9mm rounds without an error and 1000 .22 rounds with 2 misfires which fired on the second trigger pull. My wife and teenagers can't wait for me to get out the guns when we go down to our farm. We all love shooting it, and the Kadet .22 saves my wallet a bunch. Mike
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.'' Warren vs District of Columbia

1951 - 2011
    Hello. Though I own several Pre-B CZ-75's, I don't currently own the B version. The one that I did own was a 40-caliber. The pistol was reliable and accurate and the sights seemed pretty well-regulated out of the box.

On my particular specimen, there was quite a bit of grittiness in SA mode just as the internal firing pin safety was being pushed upward; I believe that I could have easily remedied the trigger pull but was "getting out of the forty business" so to speak and sold the pistol.

The gun grouped pretty well with a fairly wide selection of both handloaded and factory ammunition. By contrast, my .40 Hi Power was more particular as to which loads it "liked" and would therefore group well with.

I have seen and shot quite a few CZ-75B's in 9mm and the guns seem to work fine. I recall no problems with them and most folks report good reliability and when there are problems it seems either to be related to a weak extractor spring or recoil spring; both of these can be easily replaced. In the past there was a problem of CZ's being undersprung with weaker than the company's recommended recoil spring strength, which resulted in broken slide stops in some cases.

The CZ-75B firing pin is retained by a roll pin and dry-firing has been known to break it. Not a hard fix, but an aggravation. I think CZ might be now using a double roll pin or something similar to eliminate this problem, but could be remembering wrong. I think I'd use snap caps if dry-firing the pistol.

The only problem I ever had with any CZ-75 was with a weak magazine spring, which I promptly replaced with a Wolff +5% spring; no more problems.

I think that they are pretty darned good pistols with regard to mechanical accuracy and many folks find them good-looking pistols that are comfortable.

I definitely prefer the B version's fixed sights to the Pre-B that it replaced. There are other CZ-75B characteristics that I don't care for, but those are subjective and have no merit on how well the pistol seems to operate.

Best.

CZ's are excellent weapons. The CZ-75B is much improved by changing the mag spring, as suggested above. My CZ RAMI .40 is usually somewhere within my reach 24 hrs a day. If you get a CZ-75B, I don't think you will be disappointed.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

VIP Member
    I own one....great gun.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I have put well over 3,000 round through mine with zero problems, accurate, low up keep, reliable and it feels like a gun should, solid

I have one and love it. It is a superb firearm. It has certainly been very well regarded by many governments for a long time. There is a CZ forum where you can get more info and a SEARCH on this forum will get you a plethora of positive comments.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I have a stainless model, and I love it.
    The trigger pull was a little choppy in the beginning, but has smoothed out after 300-400rds.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

I have (or have had) five CZ pistols. A 75B, a P-01, a CZ-83, a RAMI, and an 85-C. In the aggregate I have put severalt thousands of rounds through these pistols, using a variety of kinds of ammo. I have never had a problem of any kind with any of them.

The 75B was particularly accurate and reliable.

I no longer have either the RAMI or the 75B. Why? Because I have married, grown, daughters who, when they see one of my pistols, have only to say "Please Daddy" and the pistol takes up residence in their house. Wouldn't have it any other way
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

quick question: I've never had a chance to handle/shoot a CZ so I was just curious, can they be carried cocked 'n' locked like the 1911?
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Yes.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I have a 75b 9mm and a 75 Compact 9mm. Both are very reliable and accurate pistols.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Thanks ofr the feed back everyone. I think I will be taking a trip to the gun store soon, with luck it will still be there.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

RB
    I handled one at Gander just the other day. I have pretty good sized hands and let me tell you, my thumb was not anywhere near the safety to sweep it off for Cocked and Locked.
    You guys must have really really big hands in order to work the safety on the 75B!
    Otherwise, I was going to give the gun some serious consideration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links