+2 mag extensions ?

This is a discussion on +2 mag extensions ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are those +2 mag extensions any good ? Thinking about a few to stretch some glock mags....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +2 mag extensions ?

+2 mag extensions ?

Are those +2 mag extensions any good ? Thinking about a few to stretch some glock mags.

2. Remove Ads

for range sure but i dont trust them for carry

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    When I carried a Glock 19 for duty some years back, I put the +2 extenders on my spare mags. All was well till one day during training I went into a speed reload and once I slammed the mag home the +2 adaptor came off and all my rounds went spilling out on the ground. I reloaded again with my final mag and guess what, same thing. I took them off my mags that night and have never put them back on. Its your call but for me, it was safer to just do without the extra two rounds.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

My experience with them has not been good either...

if you carry a compact or sub-compact, you can use mags for the next largest model (i.e. if you have a 19, buy a couple of 17 mags...etc.).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Administrator
    Yup... no good.

I never understood why so many people put these one their G26/27 mags. They do this before the even leave the shop for the first time with the new gun. They just made a reliable pistol questionable, and the grip is just as long now as a G19/23. Why not just buy the midsize to begin with?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Well that's unanimous! Thanks guys!

Having already once had a mag base fail on me, I wont go looking for trouble!

I will say this. If your having problems getting your last fingers onto the grip take a look at Pearce Grip extenders. Unlike the +2s those things work well.
    Steve

If you're talking about those +2 mag extenders that CDNN ships with Glock mags, throw them away.

Glock +2 extenders work flawlessly; which makes me think you're talking about the former.

My incident was with Glock +2s.
    Steve

One of my glock 19 magazines have a +2 on it. Thats the only mag I've had problems with in my G19, and I can't find the old base plate I had on it. So i don't use that mag anymore.

I carry my 26 with factory 10 round mag with a GAP finger rest. My spare mag is a G17 mag. I have two 10 round mags with Pierce +2 extentions for the range and they work great for that.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

I have the Glock +2 floor plates on two of my mags for years now and I have never had a problem. The gun is shot often and to be honest if installed right I don't see how they can just pop off, as they are pain to get off on purpose. Just my experience.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

It’s always been a quandary to me why folks go out and buy a little bitty gun because they think it has to be tiny to be concealable, and then the first thing they do is hang accessories on it to make it bigger -- because it’s too small to work well for them. Why not buy a little larger gun in the first place?
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that is where he is." -- James Thurber

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Interesting. One of our rangemasters told me he used to knock the stock floor plates off his Glock 21 mags all the time working patrol.

Personally, I carried a +2 on my G-21 for over 10 yrs. without a problem (I sold the gun a few months ago). It gave me 16 rounds in my duty gun. I also used a +2 on my G-26 for about 6 yrs. without a problem. I did that with the 26 only on one mag when I would carry it in the detective bureau. It served as a pinky rest & allowed me 13 rounds.

When I carried the 26 concealed, it was without a pierce grip extension or +2 floor plate.

Eventhough I had no problems, I know that some PDs (L.A.P.D. in particular), won't allow them on duty weapons.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I use the Pierce +1 extensions on my G33. They work perfect, and it makes it so comfortable!
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links