Range Report - Kahr CW9 - Page 2

Range Report - Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Range Report - Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my PM9 and think the CW9 is a great gun too. I too broke in on revolvers and have no problems with the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range Report - Kahr CW9

I love my PM9 and think the CW9 is a great gun too.

I too broke in on revolvers and have no problems with the Kahr Trigger. I don't carry my Kahr much since I'm back to packing a blued steel wheelgun.

Biker

4th Range Session

Kahr CW9 9mm sub-compact: Range Report #4

Gun -- Kahr CW9 9mm polymer pistol, with 7rd magazine.
    Purpose -- Evaluating for possible daily concealed carry, at this time.
    April 07, 2007 -- Fourth range session.
    Rounds -- 50 shots of WWB FMJ. 100 + 56 + 50 + 50 = 256 rounds total.
    Goal -- Make sure accuracy issue is fully resolved.
    Initial Field Strip and Cleaning -- Gun was cleaned and lubed afer the last range session.
    Problem During Field Strip -- None
    Shots -- 50rds of WWB FMJ
    Aim -- Accuracy issue is definitely resolved. I was picking off old shotgun shells at 30' without much trouble other than my own aim. From 15' I shot out the center of a B27 target. This is definitely a very accurate pistol.
    Slide Action -- Very smooth and easy to use.
    Jams/failures -- None.
    Cleaning after shooting -- After getting home from the range, I once again disassembled and cleaned the pistol.

These 50 rounds were the best yet. The aim was dead on, and this gun has a beautiful trigger pull. After this range session, I put another 30 rounds through the gun with a range-master to qualify the pistol for carry in NV. It's now added to my permit and will be my daily carry gun under a t-shirt.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I have a PM9 & I love its light weight & small size. It's shorter, thinner, & as light as my S&W 442.

I also learned how to shoot handguns with a revolver & still have my 1st handgun. I "bought" it before I was old enough to own one. It's a 1981 blued Dan Wesson 14-2 .357. I still have the 2.5" barrel & small checkered walnut grip that came with it.

But I'm getting off of the point. My point being that I notice many people learned on an auto & often a 1911 type or DA/SA type. A revolver &/or DAO like a Kahr, is very similar. You sure learn trigger control by shooting (or dry firing) them.

That being said, my Glocks have spoiled me. Other than a Rohrbaugh, I don't know of any other high quality 9mm auto in such a small & light package. The Rohrbaugh's are nearly twice the price too.

The Kel-Tec's are close, but I don't think the 9mm are as small, are they?
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I'm glad you worked with your Kahr enough to keep it. I've had my CW9 about a year or so and it feels like it gets better every trip to the range. Zero malfunctions, FTFs or FTEs.
    NRA, GOA, SAF, JFPO

كافر | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ | WOLVERINES!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan223 View Post
    I'm glad you worked with your Kahr enough to keep it. I've had my CW9 about a year or so and it feels like it gets better every trip to the range. Zero malfunctions, FTFs or FTEs.
    thanks. i'm very glad the issue is resolved. i was honestly surprised to not have any failures during the break-in period. this gun has quickly become my favorite.

Really glad your Kahr CW9 worked out for you...I have one, and have been impressed with everything about it...nice trigger, super accuracy, and, although I've only shot the minimum 200 round break-in Kahr recommends, not a blip on the failure screen..this is the experience of another shooter I know, this will be my carry pistol.

Thanks for your diligent and careful reportage..... Best, Dave

I've got an all steel Kahr K9 that I love. I was thinking about a polymer framed version for my next gun. How is the front sight mounted on the CW? Will it be easy for the after market sight makers to make a front sight that will easily install, or will one have to have the slide machined?

Quote Originally Posted by Crosstimbers Okie View Post
    I've got an all steel Kahr K9 that I love. I was thinking about a polymer framed version for my next gun. How is the front sight mounted on the CW? Will it be easy for the after market sight makers to make a front sight that will easily install, or will one have to have the slide machined?

I Handled one yesterday at the show, and the front sight was loose. The owner told me the front sight tightened like a Glock, but I have no proof of this.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

the front sight is pinned to the top of the slide. i've never done much research into after-market sights, so i'm not sure what's out there for this kind of front sight. my front sight wasn't loose when i got it, nor has it loosened during my shooting.

How is it pinned?

Quote Originally Posted by Crosstimbers Okie View Post
    How is it pinned?
    i might not be using the right terminology, so i'll let the pics speak for themselves. let me know if you'd like to see another angle.
    Attached Images

That's good. Thanks!

I hope a night sight or one of those big dots becomes available for it. The factory white dots are OK, but I prefer nights sights on a CCW.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Age , tho it is a step up in price the P9 can be had with nightsights ( either mepros or novaks depending on what you want to spend ) , and big dots are avalable for it as well for aftermarket . The main consumer difference between the cw and the p series is that the p is fully dovetailed to accept replacment sights . There are other differences also tho such as the amount of milling on the slide , polygonal vs conventional rifleing , and forged vs mim cast parts used in areas . A p series would be a caddy , a cw would be a buick to put it in car terms lol . The little cw series is a lot of gun for the money , but does not have the same features that the P series does . Decide what is important to you and pick the pistol that fits is my advise .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links