Defensive Carry banner

Practicality in surplus.

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  fed_wif_a_sig 
#1 ·
looking to compare 2 inexpensive semi's. My local shop has nice LEO trade in S&W 4043's (.40, double action only) with one 11 round mag. Compare that to the also very nice but surplus CZ-82 (9mm MAK) with two 12 round mags, side holster, lanyard etc. Both are around 230.00ish.

#2 ·
I'm not a fan of S&W autos, but for nearly the same money, I'd go with the Smith. The CZ is smaller, if that's what you're looking for, but the Smith has a lot more horsepower, and isn't that much harder to hide. Also, I have to assume that getting leather for the Smith would be easier.

That's what I think.

#5 ·
9mm Mak vs. 40 S&W-- no question. The 40 is the way to go. Not to mention, I personally love S&W and am in the market for one myself. I regret getting rid of my last one.

#6 ·
S&W..

Additionally S&W has an excellent customer service reputation. Parts for the Smith, (or service if needed) will probably be easier to find for the Smith, holsters too, and should get better resale if that became an issue later on..

I have a (purchased new) 3913 and it is an excellent firearm.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

#8 ·
Third Generation S&W are outstanding guns. They just are in vogue since they don't have polymer frames, interchangeable backstraps, Glock-like triggers, or (exception being the "TSW" line) light rails.

That's fine...they are great as is!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.