Defensive Carry banner

Why do I like this, this... thing!?

10K views 164 replies 81 participants last post by  redraif 
#1 ·

So I was browsing Glocks on gunbroker earlier and I come across this thing. At first I couldn't stand it but the more I looked at it the more it kinda grew on me. Turns out its Cerakoted Tiffany blue. After a bit of googling turns out this sucker about has me hooked. For some unknown reason I actually like the thing. I could care less about blinged out or bedazzled anything(I have a daughter or I wouldn't know what that gawdy stuff is).

So I wonder how this girly Lookin piece would look with some honest to goodness holster wear and stuffed down in a Levis pocket, maybe in a manly leather pocket holster? Don't get me wrong, I'm more caveman than connoisseur any day but I find it aesthetically appealing. And I think it's purdy too [emoji1] lol.

I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to carry this thing, and that's the scary part. I'm actually considering buying it. Maybe I need to find me a head shrinker or just grab my old black Glock and act like this never happened before I do something rash?

I mean I've never seen another dude pack a pistol even remotely this... loud. But I ain't seen it all neither, so there's that. The weird part is, if I had this abomination I'd be showin her off to everybody. "Hey, man, looka this thang! Ain't it kinda purdy? Whatche thank? Wanna shoot it at sumthin?"

I can just see the looks of skepticism and distrust on other manly men's faces now. They'll wonder if I hit my head on somethin or if I been brainwarshed by my daughter. I don't care!

Whadda y'all say? Would you carry this or one similarly weird if you like it enough? Or have I been bumped off the rocker a lil too hard? [emoji1]

Truth be told I was checkin out the Sig P238's on Buds web site and as a habit I always look at them from low to high cuz even a cheap one a thems pretty high to me. I seen a lime green one, cheapest one they had. I kinda thought "well nobody'd see it in your pocket or IWB'd so the color don't much matter I don't reckon..." an then I was on gunbroker n seen this and it got my thinker a spinnin [emoji2]

Chime on in here 'n talk me outta this thing 'fore it's too late!

* in the interest of full disclosure, the sections in quotation marks is really how I talk. I find it much easier and less misleading to just type how I'd talk to y'all in person.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

See less See more
#116 ·
Still trying to decide if I'd actually carry it and it alone.

Reactions: drift
#137 ·
Will it match your eyes?

Or go with your shoes or bag?
Is it trending?

[I have a 20YO daughter, ehemmmmm 'fashionista']:blink:

If'n you like it, get it.
Thinking about it, if it was to be seen in your waistband, it might just not attract as much attention as an e-vil black glock.

Reactions: Coty and Whome65
#138 ·
Bah ha ha ha ha!!!! I agree with them Coty and you know I do, but knowing your track record with guns first hand I will say this: make sure you are as in love with the caliber and functionality of said gun. Go handle it, fondle it, handle several. .. THEN decide what YOU like. You're smart, but very indecisive at times. .. if you want we will get a sitter and go together or I'll stay with the kids and you go with one of your friends. .. but this is a big decision one that you could defend your life or our family's with one day. .. what ever you decide I'm behind you.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

#139 ·
Coty,

I'll say a special prayer for you today. You guys sound like my wife and I. I research something for weeks, maybe months before buying it. My wife on the other hand knows what she wants and just does it! In my defense, I think we're a good team together. I slow her down when needed. She gets me going when needed.

This has been a good thread!

#153 ·
So did you buy it? If you're really worried about the comments from the color just tell them it's the limited Huggy Bear edition, you'll need some platforms and a velvet outfit with matching hat though. Maybe a fur coat..... j/k dude if you like it buy it, you're the only one that has to be happy with it.

#155 ·
That's great lol. No I've yet to buy it. Might not either, apparently that color alone is bringing like $2-300 more than a black one. I love the color but I like green better lol.

#157 ·
Sig? ... a while back I had the thought of a 3" 1911. Either Colt, Kimber, Springfield (used) or a RIA. I don't remember this Sig you speak of...

#162 ·
I totally agree. Thank god for FDE. Lol

I was going to get purple hogue grip for my LCP just because I liked it, but I like how it feels now so I may not go that route.
I have no insecurities about my masculinity by any means, but generally the other colors don't appeal to me, I am fine with black, FDE, and even OD green (rarely), but I really like stainless if I'm picking solely on looks. Now I do think people are just being silly when they do a Pink Desert Eagle Hello Kitty though, really what do I care if all your trying to do is be silly for attention (not you-hello kitty guy), that goes for Gold Plated too.

#163 ·
Yup. I hear ya. Kinda wish they'd make some kinda zombie model of the 42 like they did with the Sig P238 but more subtle. Like fill in the lettering on the gun and mags with nuclear green color from the factory. I think that'd be neat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.