Kel-tec 32 cal

This is a discussion on Kel-tec 32 cal within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for a pocket back up. Need it light and thinand have a lean pocket book. Looked at Kel-tec .32 can't seem ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kel-tec 32 cal

Kel-tec 32 cal

I have been looking for a pocket back up. Need it light and thinand have a lean pocket book. Looked at Kel-tec .32 can't seem to find a 3AT .380. Looking for some feedback about the Kel-tec 32.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    I've got a 3AT and love it, but I know a lot of people are worried about failures with that particular gun. From what I've heard, the .32 has none of the problems that the 3AT has and all of the good features. I suppose as long as you're fine carrying a .32 cal pistol, the Kel-Tec is the way to go.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I've had a P-32 for a long time, never had a problem other than the very occasional rimlock. If a .32 is enough power for what you want to do, two thumbs up from me.

I'd hold out (and did) for a 2nd Gen P3AT. I can't say enough good things about mine. Never had a problem after about 300 rounds, and didn't do any "fluff & buff". I think that the .380 speaks with a little more authority than the .32, without the rim lock issue.

That's what I think.
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

I take mine to the range every two or three months, shoot two or three mags, and clean it. But I carry it nearly every day in a front or back trouser pocket or jacket. It's never malfunctioned. It was a really good value. And it conceals like a dream.

I have and use a P32 as an always carry gun in front, rear or coat pocket carry. Great choice, very reliable and surprisingly accurate.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I have a P32 as an always gun as well. Works great, no failures ever. Accurate enough for a mousegun and conceals like a champ.

The .32acp isn't the most ideal cartridge, but it will get the penetration you need in ball at least, so that's something. Plus follow up shots are ridiculous easy.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Thanks to all . You gave me the info I needed to make the move. Getting P32 today. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Texas 48 View Post
    Thanks to all . You gave me the info I needed to make the move. Getting P32 today. Thanks again
    You can get 10 round magazines for it as well with extended grip. Still pocket carries well that way, just not as well as with the normal 7 rounders. Also, the belt clip is a good accessory.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    I had a P32 in the 6xx serial number range. The slide rails cracked on it, but Kel-Tec does have a fantastic warranty. The later ones have a beefed up frame, and Kel-Tec replaced mine with one. So if you're looking at a used one, please look for a newer model.

They're decent little guns, very slim and concealable, long on the trigger pull. I used sandpaper to sand down the plastic burrs on the grip and trigger.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Administrator
    I'm on my second one, I like it better than the 3at.

As long as you understand the limitations of the gun as well as yours, it is fine for its intended purpose.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Had two of the P-32s. My wife still carries one. No problems with either one, I replaced mine with the P-3ATs.
    str1

P-32 is Tough not to Like.

I was originally sceptical about Kel-Tek products because of their low price and less-than-refined appearance. I have since COMPLETELY changed my mind. Both the P-32 & the P-3AT are dependable and accurate pocket hide-out pistols. The extended (10+1 round) mag for the P-32 makes for not only +3 capacity but far easier aiming/shooting with very little compromise in conceilability. I personally prefer the P-32 to the P-3AT for that reason.

A Deputy U.S. Marshall I know agrees with me about Kel-Teks. He ALWAYS has a P-3AT clipped inside his right-front pocket and showed me the first PF-9 I had actually seen. I'm in the market for a Sub2k in .40 S&W (G22) right now. You don't hear or read many horror stories about Kel Tek products...even if ARE ugly little things.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Check gunbroker.com, if you can't find one locally. The P3AT is great.
    I like having a bit more firepower over the P 32. But the P32 will do nicely too.

Don't they have the same basic velocity anyway? So, at best you're getting a 20 grain heavier bullet. Not the biggest margin for the loss of 1-3 rounds imo. Neither are exactly stellar performers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links