New PT145 - Issue/Question

This is a discussion on New PT145 - Issue/Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With all of my traveling I have been doing, I was finally able to get my new PT145 to the range. I placed 200 rounds ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New PT145 - Issue/Question

With all of my traveling I have been doing, I was finally able to get my new PT145 to the range. I placed 200 rounds down range with no failures. I only had the slide push forward once when I did not tell it to. And when I got used to the sights it shot good too. At 18 ft, it just as good as my Kimber 4" 1911. Then after talking with the range/shop crew I found out that my misses my not be all my shooting. They told me the ammo I was using was not the best for accuracy.

But anyway, after i make my new leather holter for my PT145, I will start carrying it when I feel my Kimber is too large for concealing. It will probably be my summer carry.
    Things happen, but the only thing that matters at the end of the day is what you do during and after in order to survive.

2. Remove Ads

Wow...Tough Crowd..Any Taurus related problem on any fourm brings all the Taurus haters out of the woodwork! Most of it, not first hand! My S&W M&P does the same thing, but you have to slam the mag in. The Taurus's I own have allways ran 100%. Love em. Now my $500 M&P..seems to be an incureable FTE. Oh yea I allways had good luck Mopars too! Allways liked the underdog! ANY make of firearm can have problems! Good Luck with your Tauri..Im sure youll get it worked out!

My Mill Pro Pt140 has not had this problem. As far as Taurus haters...I hate hate hate Glocks. I know they are realiable guns. But they feel HORRIBLE in my hands. Not to mention I think they look like poop. (this might get kicked out of other forums) The only thing I wont trust though....is a Ford...worse yet...a Mercury.
    God Bless America!!

Hah, +1 to loving my Taurus (and hating Fords). Finally got out to run a couple boxes of Winchester WB through my new PT111, ran great, no problem with slides or feeding accuracy or anything else, and never had so much as a hiccup after many hundreds of rounds with my .357 Tracker - it's a tackdriver! Like was mentioned previously, any gun can have a malfunction, and a Taurus is all the more some can afford.
    .40 is fine.

I've owned Jeeps, Fords, Chevys, Buicks, Subarus, and Plymouths.

I've owned Brownings, Kel-Tecs, S&Ws, Taurus, and Davis.

I'm friends with blacks, whites, Indians, Chinese, and Canadians.

I'd buy a Glock, drive a Dodge, and befriend an Irishman - I just haven't got around to it yet.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P-111 Pro View Post
    Wow...Tough Crowd..Any Taurus related problem on any fourm brings all the Taurus haters out of the woodwork! Most of it, not first hand! My S&W M&P does the same thing, but you have to slam the mag in. The Taurus's I own have allways ran 100%. Love em. Now my $500 M&P..seems to be an incureable FTE. Oh yea I allways had good luck Mopars too! Allways liked the underdog! ANY make of firearm can have problems! Good Luck with your Tauri..Im sure youll get it worked out!
    I speak from first hand experience with a PT140. I am glad I did not lose partial use of my hand.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links