Two New 45s

This is a discussion on Two New 45s within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Over the past month I came across and purchased two NIB S&W 4566's. What's good about these since I'm an avid S&W man is that ...

Thread: Two New 45s

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar

Two New 45s

Over the past month I came across and purchased two NIB S&W 4566's. What's good about these since I'm an avid S&W man is that they are both all black melonite with night sites that were part of a special order for the U.S. Marshal Service Special Operations Group. Found them two weeks apart at different shops and they are shooters! I used to carry a 4566 when I was an LEO and always found them to be one of the most reliable and accurate 45s I ever shot. The two I just bought have several features not usually available on the factory guns including ten round mags and titanium bushings usually found on the PC CQB guns. Actually, they appear identical and may be CQB's and if so, I definitely stole them. I'm waiting for a factory history letter to see what they really have. Both came with original boxes, warranty card's, etc and from what I understand so far less than 200 were made. Just goes to show if you keep your eyes out and have a friendly dealer watching out for you, you never know what you may find.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Excellent....post photos when you can.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator
    Congrats. Nice firearm. And two is always better than one.
    If there were less than 200 "made up" like that...then best "safe queen" one of them.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    What is a "Factory History Letter"?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

S&W 4566 - all steel, commander size .45

The S&W 4566 is an all stainless steel, Commander size gun with 4.25 inch barrel and 8 round magazine. They cost about $400 used and have the traditional S&W DA/SA trigger system with decocker/safety.

Congrats

On a nice find...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    BTW...The S&W 4566 is a very nicely ergonomic firearm.
    It seems to fit the average human hand extremely well.

Back in the 90's, S&W's PC did a Melonite 4566, with a Briley bushing. It got written up in "Combat Handguns". The article is in a thread over on the S&W forum (with photos). You can do a search on my screen name and locate it (sorry I don't know how to link!).

It had serrations on the muzzle end of the slide, and an adjustable rear sight. A sweet variation of the 4566.

Are the 10 round mags your pistols came with, aftermarket or factory? Do they extend beyond the grips? What grips came on those 4566's?

Congrats on a couple of sweet finds. Regards 18DAI.

congrats on the find they are nice pistols,,,, i'm looking for a 4506 to go with my 2 others when i find one it wont be around for long it will be in my safe.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

Links