Not Exactly Concealed Carry, But still.....

This is a discussion on Not Exactly Concealed Carry, But still..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ruger 22/45 Smith and Wesson 4043 DAO Carry And I get to pick up a XD40 Service tommorrow about noon!!! The Smith is a Illinois ...

Thread: Not Exactly Concealed Carry, But still.....

Not Exactly Concealed Carry, But still.....

Ruger 22/45

Smith and Wesson 4043 DAO Carry

And I get to pick up a XD40 Service tommorrow about noon!!!

The Smith is a Illinois DNR trade in. Shoots a little low at 7 yards. It has night sights on it. Anyone have any ideas as to why it shoots low?

Mods move this if it offends.

Brian
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
    --Thomas Paine December 19, 1776

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
    --Abraham Lincoln

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13226.htm

2. Remove Ads

Cool

I have a 22/45 also, and have had a lot of fun with it before and after modifications. It is now a IHMSA silhouette competition pistol. You can see it in member pics, I tried to attach the pic, but I need a little practice to get that done.
    Last edited by mag44laf; April 7th, 2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: update
    Semper Fi

Congrats on the new guns.

If the 4043 is shooting low, try a different weight ammo in it. It is also a carry gun!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

If the POI dosen't change with a different weight bullet, as MNBurl suggested, contact S&W customer service. IIRC there are three different height front sights for the 4043/6. Good luck. Regards 18DAI.

I own a 22/45 as well. That is a great little plinker. My kids love that think.

Come to think of it, we need to get to the range and fling some .22's down range. The kids have been bugging me to go for a week or two now. Maybe next weekend. It's too darn cold this weekend.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    18dai nailed it go with a lower front sight to raise the point of impact ,assuming that this is the only da pistol shooting low for you , if not ... It may be a grip issue on your part , If all da pistols shoot low , then work on your grip, stance and squeeze before you spend a penny .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Cool

Let's see if this works.
    Attached Images
    Semper Fi

Mag44 very nice rig. How long is the barrel and what type of sight is that? As for the holding the penny on the top of the barrel I can do that. The gun shoots about two inches low at 3 yards but when I go out to 7 yards the group goes from 11 shots all in a jagged hole to all over the paper. It is driving me crazy. I am kind of thinking it is me. Does anyone know if this gun shoots point of aim or should I use the six o'clock aiming method?

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
    --Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I bought a 22/45 last week with the mission in mind to purchase a suppressed upper end as this years gun project. That said, I for the first time in my life broke a gun during re-assembly. Never done that before, but hope to get it fixed soon.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Cool

This pistol has a 12" stainless volquartsen barrel with a Clark competition trigger and trigger job. It has a weaver scope base with a Leupold/Gilmore red dot scope that is 2 MOA. It will drive tacks up to 100 yards. It's one of my favorites, because I made it what it is, and it can definetly out shoot me. If I miss with this pistol, it's my fault!
    Semper Fi

Cool

When I started shooting competition, one of the first comments I heard about the 22/45 Ruger was that the sights are junk! The problem probably isn't you.
    Semper Fi

Sounds like a personal problem

From what you said it sounds like the sights should be alright. I would focus on the fundamentals and take your time with it for a while.

Aiming, Breathing, Trigger Control.

Hard on the sights, easy on the trigger.

Sorry guys just for clarification. I am having penlems with the smith shooting low. The ruger shoots to the left but I know for a fact that the sights just need to be adjusted.

--Abraham Lincoln

<----loves his 22/45. Everytime time I hear mine go off I find an assortment of dead jackrabbits surrounding me in every direction out to 35 yds. By the way, if you don't hunt jax already start as soon as possible. You will get very good with all your guns and have a blast doing it.
    If he was gonna decorate his bar with my friend, he shoulda armed himself.

Links