Anybody carry a KelTec P11 or PF9?

This is a discussion on Anybody carry a KelTec P11 or PF9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are your impressions? Seems at the very least to be a good choice for a BUG or even a primary in hot weather....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody carry a KelTec P11 or PF9?

What are your impressions? Seems at the very least to be a good choice for a BUG or even a primary in hot weather.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I'll let you know in a few weeks or so once I start carrying my new PF-9.

I carry the P11. Good pistol for the price. Once you get used to the trigger. I did a small mod on mine. (called the paper clip mod) that lowered the trigger pull down about a 1 pound. So it is about 6 1/2 to 7 now. They come with a 8 1/2 trigger from the factory.
    With 12+1 you have a lot of firepower in a small package.

Mike,

I carried a P-11 for a couple of years, as a BUG, prior to replacing it with my Taurus PT-145, and I only replaced it because I wanted my BUG to be the same caliber as my primary carry was. The P-11 is now my nightstand gun. Some folks gripe about the trigger pull but I have been aboe to get used to it and can shoot it very accurately. I shoot the 147gr. HydraShoks in mine.

I still find myself, from tile to time, slipping it into my pocket for that quick run to the store and I have a Uncle Mikes holster that fits inside my cowboy boot cuff that holds it securely when I am dressed in a suit for church.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Just so you understand , the pf 9 is NOT a slimmed down p11 , the action of the pf9 could more fairly be called a scaled up p3at action . The p11 is a true repeat hit capable double action with a fairly horrendus trigger pull , the pf9 is a semi staged one hit only with what should be ( i have not played in that sandbox yet ) fine pull .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I carried one in a pocket holster for a couple of years back when they first came out. It's a good solid CCW and works well with GD 124 +P. I still carry it occasionally but since my duty gun is a H&K .40, I prefer to carry that off duty. It's a good primary gun or a BUG. I don't regret buying mine.

Never expected it but---I love my new P-11. I finally found a small 9mm that will allow me to carry in the heat of Texas' summers. I have not had any malfunctions and have currently tried about 3-4 diff. HPs and WWB, CCI FMJ without any trouble.Get the metal belt clip for it and check out: ktog.org for a ton of Keltec related tips. I would also recommend doing the fluff and buff prior to alot of range time with it. It will help tremendously. Have fun with it. I am going to the Dallas gun show at the end of April and intend to but another P-11.

Used to pocket carry a P11. Great handgun except for the trigger pull. I just couldn't get used to it, so I traded it away. Other than that, a truly fine weapon.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

My P11 is one of my primary guns. It uses the same mags a Smith 59xx or 69xx guns so lots of mags that work well in the guns.

It is very reliable, concealable and easy to shoot. All in all a great carry gun.

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

What is a good price for the P11? Saw one today at gun show for $240. Thanks and God bless, HOLYROLLER.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Just so you understand , the pf 9 is NOT a slimmed down p11 , the action of the pf9 could more fairly be called a scaled up p3at action . The p11 is a true repeat hit capable double action with a fairly horrendus trigger pull , the pf9 is a semi staged one hit only with what should be ( i have not played in that sandbox yet ) fine pull .

I appreciate the feedback but could you dumb this down a bit for me so I understand what you are saying? Do you feel the pf9 is better or the p11?
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by bass806 View Post
    Never expected it but---I love my new P-11. I finally found a small 9mm that will allow me to carry in the heat of Texas' summers. I have not had any malfunctions and have currently tried about 3-4 diff. HPs and WWB, CCI FMJ without any trouble.Get the metal belt clip for it and check out: ktog.org for a ton of Keltec related tips. I would also recommend doing the fluff and buff prior to alot of range time with it. It will help tremendously. Have fun with it. I am going to the Dallas gun show at the end of April and intend to but another P-11.
    I assume you're talking about the Dallas Market hall gun show? I'll be there myself and will look at the KelTec 9mms and the P3AT as well as an AR15 lower.
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT

I have had a P11 for many years and it has been an extremely reliable weapon. It fits in my large hands very well for such a concealable pistol.

Yes, the trigger pull takes some getting used to, but I have no problem keeping all rounds in the 9 ring @ 10 -20 yrds.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I love mine. Never failed to feed or fire anything I've put in it. Couple other people had jams with it but I asked them to show me how tightly they gripped the gun and you could tell it was not tight enough. It's so light you need a really tight grip to insure reliable feed.

The trigger took me a little while to get used to but it made me practice trigger control and now I'm a much better shot.

Get the metal belt clip for it. I don't use the clip but it replaces the plastic pins that hold the frame in the grip. The plastic ones came loose on occasion but the metal ones don't.

The paperclip mod, while lightening the trigger, can also cause light primer strikes. Make sure you test any mods you make with the ammo you plan to carry.
    Being peaceful does not guarantee peace, strength and a willingness to commit violence when needed does.

Three KelTec's Here...

The .32, the .380, and the 9mm/P-11...

Like all the KT's, the P-11 is quite concealable, but not a 'fun gun' for the range. All my KT's are small, somewhat accurate (right on for close encounters), inexpensive, easy to clean, and I've had "0" problems...

None are my EDC, but great for church, grass cutting, a Harley ride, a BUG, etc...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links