new glock

new glock

This is a discussion on new glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys after not being a fan of glock for years i viewed a few of the torture tests floating around. Now I had a ...

Thread: new glock

new glock

Ok guys after not being a fan of glock for years i viewed a few of the torture tests floating around. Now I had a glock 9mm and a 40 a few years ago and both were not shooting correctly (all over the paper) both were used and in what seemed to be in good condition. ... I chalked them up to not being guns for me since I can hit where i aim with everything else I own. (sig, HK, Kimber,Bersa) Or the angle being off. Now i've run into a used glock 19 and 3 hicaps for 400. I guess my question is, was I wrong the first time and should I buy It and try again ?

All I can tell you is this:
    I was very much the same way. I had a G17 in 1990 or so that was a huge pile of crap. A true lemon. Lots of problems and I sent it back to then twice and still it broke and jammed and just wasn't a good gun. It soured me on Golcks for a long time.

Fastforward to Feb. of this year. I had read several of the tests where they treated a Glock in a manner that I would never trat a gun. Any gun. Even a HiPoint. And I was impressed. And it made me start thinking about giving them another chance.

So, I took part of the tax refund and bought a brand new G23. And good God do I love this gun. It is more accurate than any gun I have ever bought and it just tough as hell. The grip still doesn't fit my hand as well and an XD but, I know it is NEVER going to rust, the gun is so accurate it isn't even funny and there are so many after market parts for Glocks that it is amazing. And, EVERYONE who makes holsters of any kind, makes holsters for the Glocks.

So, I can tell you I am extremely happy with my new Glock and I am already saving to buy the G27.

I'd give them a second chance.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post
    Ok guys after not being a fan of glock for years i viewed a few of the torture tests floating around. Now I had a glock 9mm and a 40 a few years ago and both were not shooting correctly (all over the paper) both were used and in what seemed to be in good condition. ... I chalked them up to not being guns for me since I can hit where i aim with everything else I own. (sig, HK, Kimber,Bersa) Or the angle being off. Now i've run into a used glock 19 and 3 hicaps for 400. I guess my question is, was I wrong the first time and should I buy It and try again ?

Persoanlly, for the money I'd give it a try, sometimes a new gun just takes some getting used to. I rented a Glock the other day at the range after not firing a Glock for close to 3 years, It shot well for me but it took a little time to get reaquainted with the spongy trigger.

Sponsored Links