Anyone ever had problems(reliability issues) w/ their Kahr

This is a discussion on Anyone ever had problems(reliability issues) w/ their Kahr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need to know if anyone out there had any reliability issues with their Kahr(what kind of issue and model of gun, how often, would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever had problems(reliability issues) w/ their Kahr

Anyone ever had problems(reliability issues) w/ their Kahr

I need to know if anyone out there had any reliability issues with their Kahr(what kind of issue and model of gun, how often, would you trust it with your life)?
    I have a PM9 that I'm going to start to carry on a normal basis(I only load it with 147gr.FMJ)!
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

2. Remove Ads

My Kahr MK9 doesn't like Speer ammo. It eats anything else I feed it.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

I have stayed away from plastic Kahrs because Stephen A Camp (SAC) didn't have much luck with his. My Kahrs, in general, were spotty for the first 200 rounds and then became totally reliable. In Kahr's defense they say not to rely on their pistols until 200 rounds have been fired. Regards, Richard

I had a P9 that still would not reliably feed after over 500 rounds. I sold it. My experience has no real bearing on your decision to carry though. If your PM9 has been reliable, go ahead and carry it. A gun can be reliable or unreliable regardless of the rollmark on the slide. It depends on the individual gun.
    Last edited by Roadrunner; April 8th, 2007 at 07:16 PM.
    - Kurt
    ďFreedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.Ē ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Plenty of issues with my Kahr PM9: Range reports; slide sticking.

It's been back to the Kahr shop and come back. Have yet to take it to the range, to explore whether those issues have been resolved.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    I've had a lot of different 9mm Kahrs, and finally settled on the PM9.

I havent had a bit of trouble with any of them. Most of the problems I have seen first hand with them were shooter error. Limp wristing, junk ammo, wrong ammo, or they just coulndt follow break in instructions. Kahr did have a recall a while back for feeding issues.
    Kahrs are not for everyone, the are built to tight tolerances and you need to know what you are doing to get the most from them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Over 2000 rounds with no problems. I carry Cor-Bon DPX

VIP Member
    1man....if your Kahr is proving to be 100% reliable, particularly with your chosen carry load, I wouldn't worry too much on other peoples' experiences with their Kahr.

Kahr states that you need at least 200 (or was it 250?) rounds to break in your respective Kahr pistol. They mean it. My PM9 malfuntioned six times within that break in period. It has proven 100% reliable since and I have nearly 2000 rounds through it after the break in period. My PM9 is one of those affected by the Kahr recall of a couple of years ago or so.

My P45 has not been reliable; it is past the break in period and still malfunctioning. It will go back to Kahr.

My P9 Covert hasn't malfunctioned at all in nearly 1000 rounds.

So, as you can see, one's "mileage" can vary.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

After some initial accuracy issues with my new CW9 (i've only had it for a week), I've come to really like the gun. And the accuracy issue proved to be my fault when I reassembled the gun incorrectly. I've put about 250 rounds through it so far and it's definitely broken in very nicely. It will be my daily carry gun very soon. I'll probably put another 100 rounds through it just to be sure it's going be reliable. You can see my full range report here

I have a PM9 that I "sometimes" carry.

I prefer to carry my .45 ACP Revolver, but when the situation dictates that I can't I use the PM9 and my 442.

I just put a down payment on a P45 yesterday. I'm looking forward to shooting it. A small, very concealable, lightweight 45 is just what the Doctor ordered.

After the initial break in I have not had any problems with my PM9 and think it will be the same for the P45. Kahr's are very tight and finely made and to me have a trigger that is a dream and joy to shoot.

I've got about 2500 rounds through my PM9 so far. The factory is really good about taking care of the customer. I ordered the wrong sights and they shipped me the right ones after I called them at no charge to me. They only asked that I ship them the wrong sights back.

Great guns, great service and fun to shoot. I'm very happy with Kahr.

Biker

The only issue Iíve had with my P-9 is that the magazines do not fall free of the gun. If anyone has fixed that same problem on theirs, Iíd like to hear how they did it.

Thank You everyone for your comments! I very much appreciated!
    If there is anyone else out their, please feel free to add on.
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

VIP Member
    My P9 has functioned perfectly...no malfunctions of any kind.

I handled a K40 at the gunshop yesterday, and was extremely impressed with the way it fit my hand and pointed. I'm going to think seriously about getting one...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    P9 owner here + thousands of rounds, never a hitch, ever, no matter what ammo or how I shoot it. It's accurate although a bit snappy with hot ammo but it's a great gun and ideal for concealed carry.

My empty mags spit out perfectly. If your's don't, try 600 grit sand paper and very lightly smooth the sides of the mag and the inside walls of the mag well but ONLY sand in the same direction the mag goes in and out. Very little preasure; then clean and check.

God Bless
    Gideon

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dauff View Post
    The only issue Iíve had with my P-9 is that the magazines do not fall free of the gun. If anyone has fixed that same problem on theirs, Iíd like to hear how they did it.
    I bet its a burr in the grip. How much use has your p9 seen? Does it do it with all mags?
    I would just work a mag in and out by hand, that should fix you right up.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links