help with new 9mm

This is a discussion on help with new 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i want a cz handgun but cant decide from a 75b stainless vs a p01 please help me...

Thread: help with new 9mm

help with new 9mm

i want a cz handgun but cant decide from a 75b stainless vs a p01 please help me

2. Remove Ads

Hey Mark: you probably know that the 75b is heavier and longer and doesn't have a rail. You can compare the Ps and Qs here: http://www.cz-usa.com/products_handguns.php. I've never shot one; however, I have a P-01 that I really like--in keeping with it's reputation. But you should look for the range reports of the P-01 made by ccw9mm on this forum. Good luck.

I'd have to give one to 75b stainless. Bought one last fall, have only put about 400-500rds through it. Have never had any problems with it. And I've used both cheep dirty ammo and reloads.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by mark228 View Post
    i want a cz handgun but cant decide from a 75b stainless vs a p01 please help me
    What do you want to do with it?

If concealed carry, consider the 75 D PCR, the P01 or the 2075 RAMI, as they are considerably shorter than the 75 B. The P01 is forged aluminum, decocker w/o safety, with a light rail on the fore-end. The 75 D PCR is decocker w/o safety, too, but without the light rail on the fore-end. The 2075 RAMI is a half inch shorter than either the P01 or PCR. All three are just as thick as the 75 B. The 75 B is nearly one full inch longer than the P01 or PCR.

If just shooting, the 75 series will likely feel better on the range after longer sessions, given the added length, weight. Though, I know the P01 is no slouch. At just over 7" in length, it has good balance and ability to manage hot 9mm loads with easy follow-up shots. The 75's are even better, given the length and weight.

In terms of accuracy, the CZ's are known for it. I've got a P01 and it's more accurate than I am. Out of the box trigger pull can be variable, so I recommend a trigger/action job. They're relatively inexpensive. Holster makers have heard of it; so have gunsmiths.

Beyond ergonomics and the desire for the arrangement of controls (safety, decocker), it really comes down to size/weight. I like to think of all of these (above) as in the same family. They behave like it. The genes are there. Pick one and enjoy.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

i want it for ccw every day but the weight is not a problem i want to buy a long lasting 9mm for range .

Get a Ruger P95.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7340 View Post
    Get a Ruger P95.
    Why?
    If he was gonna decorate his bar with my friend, he shoulda armed himself.

Links