CA Compliant Gun List

CA Compliant Gun List

This is a discussion on CA Compliant Gun List within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know of an easy way to determine whether or not a gun is California compliant? Do the manufacturers list them or is there ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: CA Compliant Gun List

CA Compliant Gun List

Does anyone know of an easy way to determine whether or not a gun is California compliant? Do the manufacturers list them or is there a master list out there? I'm just looking for an easy way to determine if something is available here without a lot of research. Thanks...

Google the "Ca roster of approved handguns" and the DOJ website will come up. You can then choose your search parameters. It is a lot easier now as there is not much left.

There are all of 2 "allowed" Colts...breaks my heart.
    CalCarry and Gabill like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

no rugers at all????

Quote Originally Posted by Aanderzz View Post
    no rugers at all????
    Look under Sturm Ruger

Cliff
    Cliff

Distinguished Member Array CalCarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aanderzz View Post
    no rugers at all????
    They brought back the lc380, not the 9 or the LCP. It's soon to be the revolver state.

Have ya ever thought about moving to America?
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

The CA doj list is the one for handguns ..You can still get non list handgun if they are AWB legal and are done PPT at a ffl ..But it will cost you a lot now that SSE is dead

For rifle CALGUNS has a flowchart on rifle and shotguns to firg out if legal or not ..Some are ban fully no way to legally own them unless you destroy the lower others just need mods
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by gen3 View Post
    Have ya ever thought about moving to America?
    I know CA has a bit of a ****ty attitude towards guns, but there's still enough guns available to get and ammo is in abundant supply and I really don't need any armor piercing rounds. Sorry, but overall I like it here. Besides all the kids and grandkids live within this area and to us, family is the bottom line. I am really bothered by the magazine capacity limits and recent laws aimed towards AR's, but I think I'll stay for now.

Thanks for the reference list. This will help a lot when I find something I just can't live without....

Quote Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
    Look under Sturm Ruger

Cliff
    DO'H!

2 Colts? Wow could not live there.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Next year or two it will be zero.

No Gen 4 Glocks, wow.
    Most companies got tired of paying the state their extortion fee.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Distinguished Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    If the manufacturer changes the color of a gun they have to re-submit it for approval and the "testing" program costs the manufacturers big $$$$. There are also some dealers who will not sell what would otherwise be legal ARs into California because they don't want to install a bullet button, swap out lower capacity magazines, and deal with California's paperwork.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...
    NRA Member
    If I'm not hunting, I'm either at the range, scouting, reloading, or practicing archery.
    A proud member of that "vast right wing conspiracy", and an infidel to boot!

Distinguished Member Array CalCarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    No Gen 4 Glocks, wow.
    Most companies got tired of paying the state their extortion fee.
    Not so simple. The M&P and Ruger SR series pistols complied with the added safety devices that were added to the original law, Glock did not, then the micro stamp requirement was added. No new model semi auto pistol,has been added to the roster because they don't exist with the required "safety, eh, hem BS" features required before you even consider an extortion fee. It is a defacto ban that the democrat AG soon to be US senator willed upon the people.

Law enforcement is exempt from all these safety requirements and features and can buy anything they want. A federal judge ruled that the roster is constitutional since you can still buy revolver, and that since cops are cops they need to have the best available tools and the most ammo. No abuse of the 14th amendment here folks, move along.

If it were only a matter of paying the extortion fee we would have at least a few new models to choose from.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links