Pocket 9 DA

Pocket 9 DA

This is a discussion on Pocket 9 DA within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, Im looking for a good pocket 9mm that can be fired DA. Thanks!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pocket 9 DA

Pocket 9 DA

Hey everyone, Im looking for a good pocket 9mm that can be fired DA. Thanks!

Safety or no safety ?

The ones that come to mind

Glock 43
    Lc9 etc
    Most pocket 9mm are DAO guns ....The Khars the XDS the 290 sig etc etc keltec

Pick one that feel rights and shoots good and go from there

The 43 I like ..But it needs a good grip
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I pocket carry my Shield w/ the 7 rd magazine and it works fine.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO Pistol Permit, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified
    Active Fraternal Order of Police member
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Kahr CM9
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Distinguished Member
    Upstate NY in the highlands of the foothills
    The SIG P290RS will actually fire double-action. RS = restrike the primer with additional trigger pulls if it doesn't go off. For better or worse. Most striker fires aren't true "double-action" and need the slide cycled by firing or manual action to reset the striker. You have to carry them cocked or cycle the slide before firing the first shot.

I have a S&W M&P Shield (striker action, not double action) that I consider too large for pocket carry - but pockets differ. I do occasionally carry it in a coat pocket with a MIC trigger cover.

The Kahr series are trigger cocking and what most would consider double-action.
    Charlie P.

Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along. -- Terry Pratchett
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5

For true DA fire and pocket sized, Kel Tech or Sig P29RS!
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

I carry a KelTec PF-9 over 800 trouble free rounds. . I have a CW-9 Kahr and not fond of the trigger . So don't carry or shoot as much.
    Kel Tec about 1 lb loaded so is a might snappy .
    piguy likes this.
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.metroarms1911forum.com

1911's forever !!

Senior Member Array lee n. field's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Safety or no safety ?

The ones that come to mind

Glock 43
    Lc9 etc
    Most pocket 9mm are DAO guns ....The Khars the XDS the 290 sig etc etc keltec
    No they aren't. Most are "DAO" only by a very sloppy and imprecise definition of the term.

Distinguished Member
    Upstate NY in the highlands of the foothills
    "DAO" is Polygunian for "Really long take up two-stage heavy trigger pull in a pistol that recocks itself when fired"
    Charlie P.

Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along. -- Terry Pratchett
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Kahr CM9
    Agreed. About the absolutely smallest dimension wise for a 9mm single stack. I put mine on a scale with 7 124+P HST's and it comes in at 20.0oz, in other words, nothing at all in terms of weight. For comparison, my XDs9, with one more round than the CM9 weighs 26.0oz on my scale. And the other side of the spectrum, my PF-9 with 8 124's tips the scale at 18.0oz.

VIP Member
    Its not a double action but I currently have a Glock 43 in my rite front pocket. Round count is somewhere north of 1500 and it has never had a hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonB77 View Post
    Its not a double action but I currently have a Glock 43 in my rite front pocket. Round count is somewhere north of 1500 and it has never had a hiccup.
    I'm not even going to state the obvious reason why. Might get an infraction.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldirty9014 View Post
    I'm not even going to state the obvious reason why. Might get an infraction.
    Um what?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonB77 View Post
    Um what?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    See PM I just sent you.

I have a sig P290RS. I like it, shoots nice, I pocket carry in the summer.

I have had some issues with trigger reset when shooting a fast follow up shot, but that was my fault not the guns. That is the only complaint I have about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links