glock 27, Hk 2000sk ?

glock 27, Hk 2000sk ?

This is a discussion on glock 27, Hk 2000sk ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a quick question for anybody that owns these guns or who has shopped a good bit before purchasing. Im looking for a compact/subcompact ...

Thread: glock 27, Hk 2000sk ?

glock 27, Hk 2000sk ?

I had a quick question for anybody that owns these guns or who has shopped a good bit before purchasing. Im looking for a compact/subcompact pistol for ccw. I currenly have a S&W 3913 Tactical 9mm. Its small compact and Im ready to upgrade to a .40. My question does anybody have a the G27 with the pinky extender on the clip and how does the size compare to the HK. Im going to demo a 27 but they dont have a pinky extender to test with. Any help with a size comparison would be appreciated. I have looked at the specs for both guns and have the measurements, just curious with real world ccw. Thanks for your help.

P.S. I carry IWB

When I had my Glock 27 (wish I still did) instead of the pinky extender, I used a Glock 23 magazine with an A&G grip extension on it. It's a spacer sleeve that goes over the bottom of the mag and fills in that gap between the bottom of the grip and the bottom of the mag. Made specifically for that weapon - it works wonderfully! Here's a link!

www.glockparts.com

Not to confuse the issue, but...

If you are looking at the Glock 27 with pinky extender and the H&K P2000sk in .40 caliber, you obviously want a polymer .40 compact with a place for your little finger to rest. You really should throw a third gun into your mix - the S&W M&P 40 compact, which is very similar to the other two. This gun is receiving excellent reviews, and the magazine is designed to give your pinky a spot to sit, while having a short grip along the backstrap, much like the two you are considering.

Also read this recent posting by DHart on this gun:

DHart posting on his M&P 40c

thanks for some of the imput. That will add to my debate. I hope I can get a chance to shoot those as well. I love my usp40tac. So I can imagine that the sk shoots just as nice. Im going to pick up that clip and extension when I go to shoot that 27 to give me a better feel for the pistol. Thanks again and keep the advice coming.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    That one is easy for me. Glock. Considering I hate the HK USP series of weapons I'd go with the Glock in a heart beat....but I like the slight modification of a G23 with the grip cut down to a 27 lenght. To me thats a pretty nice combo.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Stick with the 2000sk, I carry one daily and wouldnt trade it for anything.. I also own a couple of Glocks and they are great as well, but when it comes to the size and operation I would pick the HK over the Glocks... Ofcourse the HK will cost a bit more...

I like my G27, don't have the others to compare. I would check the new SW MP series, have not held or shot one, but they look nice and have had good reviews.

I carry a G27 with +0 and love it. HK 2000sk I don’t know about but the S&W M&P I fired one two weeks ago, did not like the trigger pull, long pull and long reset for next shot. Needles to say I was not impressed with the M&P.
    But then again to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    That one is easy for me. Glock. Considering I hate the HK USP series of weapons I'd go with the Glock in a heart beat....but I like the slight modification of a G23 with the grip cut down to a 27 lenght. To me thats a pretty nice combo.
    Out of curiosity fed, why don't you like HK USPs? Just wondering.

Take Care,

nasm

I would go with the H&K P2000sk. I use to carry a Glock. replaced it with a XD, I have small hands and the glock grip was just too bulky for me. I bought a full size P2000 as a range gun and liked it so much that I went straight out and bought the P2000sk to replace my XD as my carry gun. Glocks are quality guns. On par with XD's and the S&W MP's IMO. The H&K is in a class all by itself, H&K's also have a lifetime warranty compared to glocks one year. ( I think its one year ) Be advised you will pay more for the H&K but they are well worth the money.
    Nothing begins, and nothing ends, That is not paid with moan; For we are born in others pain And perish in our own.

absoluty understand Im going to pay more. Hopefully I get to shoot both next week and will go from there. I also need to see which one does not imprint that bad on me. Im looking at a couple of the High noon IWB and the tuckable's (closing arguement, tail gunner/tailgate/downunder. Thanks for the advice

me
    Quote Originally Posted by pierced456 View Post
    H&K's also have a lifetime warranty compared to glocks one year. ( I think its one year )
    Both the Glock and the S&W M&P have Lifetime Warrenties. At least when my family has bought both I though they did... I would need a reminder on the Glock because it is my father's but the M&P is mine and I know it does.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by pierced456 View Post
    I would go with the H&K P2000sk. I use to carry a Glock. replaced it with a XD, I have small hands and the glock grip was just too bulky for me. I bought a full size P2000 as a range gun and liked it so much that I went straight out and bought the P2000sk to replace my XD as my carry gun. Glocks are quality guns. On par with XD's and the S&W MP's IMO. The H&K is in a class all by itself, H&K's also have a lifetime warranty compared to glocks one year. ( I think its one year ) Be advised you will pay more for the H&K but they are well worth the money.
    This reminds me of myself... started with Glock went to the compact XD's and a few more in between, but ended up with the P2000sk and havent even thought about anything else since....

Sponsored Links