We all know what income tax checks are for

This is a discussion on We all know what income tax checks are for within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got some new toys. I got my daughter her first gun for her 18th birthday. It's a Rossi 2" bbl revolver. Actually a pretty good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We all know what income tax checks are for

VIP Member

We all know what income tax checks are for

Got some new toys. I got my daughter her first gun for her 18th birthday. It's a Rossi 2" bbl revolver. Actually a pretty good shootn little gun. She wanted something with a little weight to it. When she approaches 21 , we'll look at something else.
    Next I got the Crimson Trace for my 642. I love it.
    Last but not least, my new love.... An XD -40 SC.. My first semi-auto. I'm in love with this gun. It shoots great... Always been a wheelie guy. Ive got 50 rounds through it so far and loved every round. So now I'll carry either the 642 or the XD40SC...

2. Remove Ads

Nice, looks like you are well set up for carrying. Is that the Rossi 461 in .357?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Its the Rossi 351 38 special..

Spent mine before it came in, just picked up a CZ RAMI on Saturday.
    <Yep that's really me rounding up a herd

funny, i thought income tax checks were for car repairs, since they always seem to break down right when the mailman shows up with it!!!!!!!

Its the Rossi 351 38 special.
    That probably explains why the grips look different than the do on my 461. Most people that shoot a new rossi are pretty surprised, for a snub nose mine is pretty accurate, haven't had a single hiccup with it. That one should serve your daughter well. I know with the 461 that usually stuff for S&W K frames, like holsters and speedloaders, works well, don't know about the 351 though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Nice shopping trip.

Income tax refunds serve to educate us as to how much we are over paying the government and allowing them to sit on our money. You should always modify the deductions from your gross pay to counter this 'error', that way you get no refund but get more money all year instead. Any good employer will do this for you.
    We had a crazy year financially with my wife getting a better job and I didn't work for anyone for six months while I flipped a house, ended up getting $9500 refund. That won't happen again.

And yes, Murphy is in full effect at refund time. Three weeks ago I had $9500 of spare money, as soon as I allocated that (with barely an XD9 SC) to show for it then what do you know? I accidentally destroy my laptop.

Looks like I won't be buying anything on BAG day.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Nice Guns.

What's a Tax Refund?

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I had to pay off the new counter tops in the kitchen, and a trip to Universal Studios with the kids. I did however have enought to buy a Hi-Power clone and 1000rds of ammo! Those are very nice pistols BTW Robere
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Congratulations.
    But I must inform you it is in a very dangerous condition and must NOT be used, send it immediately to me and I will destroy it on your behalf, it seems to have a twig jammed in the mechanism.

Nice one!!!! It came with it at no extra charge!!
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    That probably explains why the grips look different than the do on my 461. Most people that shoot a new rossi are pretty surprised, for a snub nose mine is pretty accurate, haven't had a single hiccup with it. That one should serve your daughter well. I know with the 461 that usually stuff for S&W K frames, like holsters and speedloaders, works well, don't know about the 351 though.
    Ive shot a few rounds out of the Rossi and it shoots very well. I'd rather get her started on a revolver. She's shot my 642 and wouldnt shoot it again. Too much recoil. My S&W 64-3 is too heavy, so this will hopefully fit the bill.
    When I bought this, I had originally got a Taurus ( I know this Rossi is made by Taurus ). I dont remember what model it was but it was much the same as this Rossi. When I got to my car I got it out and pulled the trigger a few times and it locked up. Then locked up again. I took it in and traded it for the Rossi...

GREAT minds think alike...

...I ran to the ol store on Good Friday after my refund check came on Tuesday and picked up a Bersa Thunder .380 Conceal Carry in Nickel.

Hope to go to the range this coming weekend and put it to work!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Very nice trio you have there.

My wife carries the XD .40sc everyday. I may suggest though that you put more than 50 rounds through the XD before you consider it broken in enough to carry. Personally I do not consider a gun broken in enough to trust my life or my families lives to until I have 500 rounds through it with no failures. But, that is just me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Hulk View Post
    GREAT minds think alike...

...I ran to the ol store on Good Friday after my refund check came on Tuesday and picked up a Bersa Thunder .380 Conceal Carry in Nickel.

Hope to go to the range this coming weekend and put it to work!
    Aint it great when Uncle Sam borrows our money. He gives it back and its like a "gift from heaven"....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links