I have a question Glock 32(357sig) or Glock 23(40S&W) for ccw

I have a question Glock 32(357sig) or Glock 23(40S&W) for ccw

This is a discussion on I have a question Glock 32(357sig) or Glock 23(40S&W) for ccw within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a question, Glock 32(357sig) or Glock 23(40S&W), i need, maybe just want a new ccw and range gun i been thinking strongly about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a question Glock 32(357sig) or Glock 23(40S&W) for ccw

Smile I have a question Glock 32(357sig) or Glock 23(40S&W) for ccw

I have a question, Glock 32(357sig) or Glock 23(40S&W), i need, maybe just want a new ccw and range gun i been thinking strongly about both of them right now after selling my 1911(i know, i know,stupid) i need to make a choice not both..right now , and thinking which is better for the long haul, in terms of accuracy, ballistics/stopping power, i understand shot placement is still vital regardless of caliber, but i just need opinions/advice on them let me know, god bless hooah, i love this site you all have been very helpfull

I'd buy the G 23, then get an extra .357 Sig barrel. It is an interchangeable drop in deal, even use the same mags. Then you have two guns in one. .40 ammo is a bit cheaper and easier to find, at least around here. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    I'd buy the G 23, then get an extra .357 Sig barrel. It is an interchangeable drop in deal, even use the same mags. Then you have two guns in one. .40 ammo is a bit cheaper and easier to find, at least around here. Just my opinion.
    +1... you said it all.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I ended up choosing the G33 in .357sig. Not because I think its any better, I just wanted a 'wildcat' so to speak. I havent looked back either. Its such a great gun, and very accurate. The only drawback is the dern ammo. Its crazy high.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Same advice....buy the G23 and also buy the after market .357 sig barrel.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I'm gonna "me too" on the 23 + an extra .357 barrel.

JT
    agreed
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

me
    Yeah Agreed 23 with 357sig barrel
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I agree with the 40 cal Glock 23. I carry (and am issued) a 357 Sig and the results of several shootings have made our agency take notice and there is a search for a likely replacement cartridge. If given the choice of a 40 cal (10mm short) or a 357 Sig (9mm Mag) I'd choose the 40 cal.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

The 357SIG is a bad little round. I'm just not so sure it's gonna hang on. The ammo is high as all get out but it's a great round. It's on my gotta have list. I'm just gonna wait a little longer to see if it makes it.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Mike...its a great round for patrol officers who need the penatration on harder targets (vehicle doors ect) however when up close realize they have proven to overpenatrate.

Case in point....nine rounds fired by two LEOs at a distance of about 10 feet, all nine rounds hit suspect. Of the nine rounds, three stayed in the body (two from one officer who fired three rounds, one from 2nd officer who fired six rounds), three rounds were recovered 65' to 75" away and bullet fragments of the final three rounds were between 30' down range to 70' down range (behind the suspect after body hits).

Wasnt the first time this round has done that so when I'm loading my personal weapon I'll stick with something a little bigger and slower and realize the limitations of my duty round and know that over penatrations are likely.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I carry a Glock 29 in 10MM with a 357 Sig conversion BBL............the 357 Sig in the heavier G29 Compact slide/frame, makes for a real good double tap.. I've had no FTF or FTE with the 357 sig Ctgs in the 10MM mag........nuthin but smoooooooooooooth sailing downrange.....
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Go with the G23. Your ammo budget will thank you. You can always get the .357 barrel later.

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Mike...its a great round for patrol officers who need the penatration on harder targets (vehicle doors ect) however when up close realize they have proven to overpenatrate.

Case in point....nine rounds fired by two LEOs at a distance of about 10 feet, all nine rounds hit suspect. Of the nine rounds, three stayed in the body (two from one officer who fired three rounds, one from 2nd officer who fired six rounds), three rounds were recovered 65' to 75" away and bullet fragments of the final three rounds were between 30' down range to 70' down range (behind the suspect after body hits).

Wasnt the first time this round has done that so when I'm loading my personal weapon I'll stick with something a little bigger and slower and realize the limitations of my duty round and know that over penatrations are likely.

Thanks for the info there man. What type of round is being used? Im just curious if there is a more violent expanding bullet available. With the same terminal balistics as the 125gr .357 mag at 1450fps, it should deliver close to the same results. According to Evan Marshal and Ed Sanow (spelling) it should be somewhere in the 90 percential of effectiveness. Again, thanks for the info, it has me concerned.
    Last edited by ak-kev; April 12th, 2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

JT
    I have always been concerned about over penetration with the 357 SIG. I have both barrels, but I have stuck with 40 for carry for that reason.

I have voiced my concern about over penetration before, and have heard some pretty good arguments saying that it won’t over penetrate, but I have yet to be able to get comfortable enough with the idea.
    Last edited by JT; April 12th, 2007 at 09:15 AM.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links