Any good laser options for my M&P 22 Compact?

This is a discussion on Any good laser options for my M&P 22 Compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Glock G26 a few weeks ago and I found out the hard way that it's not a good gun to have at ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By G26Ozzie
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker
  • 1 Post By jellis
  • 1 Post By Bubblehead751

Thread: Any good laser options for my M&P 22 Compact?

I bought a Glock G26 a few weeks ago and I found out the hard way that it's not a good gun to have at the range. At least it wasn't for me. So I decided to buy an M&P 22 Compact and I ran about 80 rounds through the gun at my local indoor range. I have to say this little gun is awesome and I had a lot of fun. I can't believe how accurate the 22 Compact is compared to my G26. I think it has to do with how small the grip is on the G26 because when I shoot the gun it has a good amount of recoil. At least it does in my little hands.

So now I'm looking to buy a laser that will hopefully attach on the gun's accessory rail just so I can have even more target fun at the range. Anyone have some good recommendations?
    5lima30ret likes this.

Crimsion trace rail master would be my go too

PS look at a glock 19 and ditch the 26 or use 19 mags in the 26 with grip extenstion they help
    SIGP250 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I would recommend learning to master standard sights vs going to a laser. Like WR suggested try g-19 mags that will help your grip some also you may want to consider 3 dot night sights w/ a lot better than a laser for a bunch or reasons. BTW, I have a S&W 22 compact that I use for training new shooters and it has great sights! I wish Glock would put those sights on the Glocks as standard equipment! Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO Pistol Permit, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified
    Active Fraternal Order of Police member
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Crimsion trace rail master would be my go too

PS look at a glock 19 and ditch the 26 or use 19 mags in the 26 with grip extenstion they help
    I'd concur with the Crimson Trace recommendation. I have a Laserguard on my XDs.

Crimson Trace: LG-360G Laserguard for S&W M&P Pistols

The thing I like most about this model is there's no fumbling for an on/off switch after drawing. Simply gripping the pistol with a proper shooting grip depresses the switch under the trigger guard and activates the laser

Respectfully, if you're having issues with recoil & accuracy with a G26, I'm guessing you're pretty new at all this pistol stuff. I've got NO problem with you moving to an M&P Sport .22. Sounds prudent to me. Yet it would be my suggestion to practice & learn pistol technique using fixed sights (rather than laser). Once those are better mastered, I'm betting you'll be in a much better position to shoot most ANY handgun you wish...much BETTER! Lasers improve versatility assuming existing skill, but (IMHO) are not ideal for...developing that basic skill-set.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

After buying two lasers, I hate both of them, I've wasted money on them as they just sit in my bag, borrow one if you can prior to buying to make sure that a laser is for you.
    SIGP250 likes this.

We bought an LC9s instead of the 26. It was actually the wife's call. She just felt like she had more gun in her hand. I like it, but think we would have gotten used to the 26. I've been looking at grip lasers because of my eyesight but haven't yet. Good to build confidence in the irons first. Murphy says they won't work when you really need them. Just me though.
    SIGP250 likes this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

VIP Member
    Crimson Trace (more expensive) or Viridian Green (moderately priced. You might find a green laser to be a bit easier to see but the battery life will be less.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Sponsored Links