Defensive Carry banner

Should I pull the trigger and get a S&W?

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  maclean3 
#1 ·
Here's the scoop... I can buy a new 637 for $215.... A great deal I know. I want a 642/442, I might get a deal like this on those if I wait it out.

I guess I could always follow my own advice and buy the 637 now, and wait for a 642 to pop up...

Does anyone know how simple it is to fit a bobbed hammer in the 637?

#2 · (Edited)
You are asking us if you should buy a gun????:confused:

You know what we will say Buy the gun

That's like asking Peyton Manning if he would like to throw a pass or run the ball.

I don't think a good smith will have any trouble bobbing the hammer a 637.

#3 ·
You are asking us if you should buy a gun????:confused:

You know what we will say Buy the gun

That's like asking if Peyton Manning if he would like to throw a pass or run the ball.

I don't think a good smith will have any trouble bobbing the hammer a 637.
Yeah, I know... I've been buying a lot lately though. I can afford it, but I'm starting to feel guilty. :nono:

#4 ·
You asked the question:

"Should I pull the trigger and get a S&W?"

I'd say you have it backwards. First you get a S&W, then you pull the trigger.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously, the $215 price you mentioned is extremely attractive for the J frame you mentioned, if the gun is in decent shape. I would jump on that. As you imply, you can always bob the hammer if it bothers you, and it won't cost very much to do that.

#6 ·
If I had found my j-frame for $215 NIB I would have bought two. Sounds like a great deal. I'd go for it. You can get the hammer bobed, or keep it and wait to see if you get a similar deal on a 642.

#7 ·
I would buy it and send it to S&W to have them render it DAO and "Bob" the hammer.

At that price you can't afford not to.

Biker :tumbleweed:

#8 ·
buy it your guilt will turn to pleasure and you have had a therapy session while waiting for the check..... your guilt is all a state of mind and you can over come it by buying more firearms... and if you still feel guilty after you have bought it send your guns to me and i'll hold them till you start to feel seperation angzioty(spelling)...........:tongue:

#9 ·
Buy it.

But I do agree that there is a point where you start to feel almost guilty. I bought nine handguns in the last 12 months, amongst all the other knives and ammo and holsters and general gun stuff. I didn't buy anything I couldn't afford to pay for cash and I have no regrets (well, except the Para that I let go) but still have to check myself from buying a gun a week.
My Father in Law is good at finding deals, he calls me up to tell me them, there are a few XD9s in Memphis presently that are going for $375 NIB, I had to sit on my wallet as I had only just bought one.

But regarding the topic at hand, follow your own good advice and buy low and if need be sell high. Or just keep it and stick it in your front pocket or on your ankle. Everyone should have a snubby friend.

#11 ·
A New one for $215?! Hey, I noticed you didn't show us all where that was...:image035:

As for your guilt, I'll be more than happy to help you out, but unfortunately, the line's just too long.

Oh yeah, buy it! Worry about what you can do it later. Honestly, I don't know if putting in the hammer yourself is doable, but I'm sure S&W would tell a "gunsmith" if it was.

#14 ·
buy the 637 now, and wait for a 642 to pop up...
CORRECT! :smilez:

Guilt??? What's that????!!!!

You could always sell it on - if you had a big enough brain fart! :rofl:

#19 ·
I guess I could always follow my own advice and buy the 637 now, and wait for a 642 to pop up...
Buy It!

It sounds like a Tax Write-off to me!

That'll be one new 637 for professional fees, please. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you........Shipping instructions sent........:rant:

#20 ·
I Have the 637...

and I paid a lot more than $215...that can't be a new price...

Buy the gun...then trade up...

ret

#21 ·
Its new in box... I just went and visited it today. Here's the kicker... I can get a new 442 for 300... and its what I want. By the time I bob the hammer etc., I am sure I will be close to the 300 mark anyway.
SO, I bought a 442.
And yes, It is a tax write off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.