My Son is looking to buy a SW9VE Online

This is a discussion on My Son is looking to buy a SW9VE Online within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My son got his permit to buy and a Dealer to accept. Anyone know where would be the cheapest place to get a S&W SW9VE ...

My son got his permit to buy and a Dealer to accept. Anyone know where would be the cheapest place to get a S&W SW9VE online so he could get it shipped here to Missouri?

I'd check Auctionarms.com or gunbroker.com (Think: ebay for guns)
    BUT, here, in Michigan, a permit to purchase expires in 10 days, maybe not enough to buy online...shipping...

Just check your states' laws, might not be an issue for you
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Look at Bud's Gun Shop. He shows several in stock and has some of the best prices I've found anywhere.
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

A Missouri PTA (permit to aquire) has a 30 day experation. The stupid, no good, useless PITA PTA is about to be voted out in the next weeks and I can't wait.

I would also say that Gun Broker or Guns America would be a good source to find one.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Thanks a Bunch Guys. He found one at Buds for 239 after rebate... I appreciate your input. I told him he should go with the 40 cause it's the same price.

Just a bit curious, but has he ever shot one or at least dry fired one? Because of the way they are designed, the triggers on them are a bit heavy. They break at about 5.5 lbs, but the pull in order to reach the break is SIGNIFICANTLY heavier. They are reliable guns, but I'm not a big fan of the triggers on them. Just wanted to make sure that he tried it out if he could before he buys one.

Cheers
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

Quote Originally Posted by GlockinItUp View Post
    Just a bit curious, but has he ever shot one or at least dry fired one? Because of the way they are designed, the triggers on them are a bit heavy. They break at about 5.5 lbs, but the pull in order to reach the break is SIGNIFICANTLY heavier. They are reliable guns, but I'm not a big fan of the triggers on them. Just wanted to make sure that he tried it out if he could before he buys one.

Cheers

the trigger will lighten up after a short while. after about 200 rounds or so, it smooths out real nice.

Thats a great price...Hmmm Buds you say...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

kle
    I just got mine (SW9VE) from BudsGunShop.com as well, and I put 190 rounds through it this weekend. Yes, the trigger's a bit gritty, but I think you only really notice that while dryfiring. Otherwise, it just feels like it's "staging" before it fires. It was mainly the sear the caused the grittiness, since it still had a lot of machining marks on it; I took that part out and buffed it out with a dremel tool a bit--it still feels gritty, but it seems a bit smoother.

It's a decent gun, quite inexpensive, and with mine I was able to hit a letter-sized target out to 75 feet 9 times out of 10.

I can't vouch for its durability, as mine only has 190 rounds through it; however, every round it chambered it fired (WWB and Federal American Eagle--I got a few FTEs, probably due to limpwristing).

I'd say go for it--at only $269 (plus 3% for credit card, and $28 for shipping, and whatever your dealer will transfer for), it's a good value, probably decent enough to carry (mine will be for mostly for range work, but I'll probably carry mine every now and then). And then S&W's having that promo going, where they will give you a $30 rebate or 2 free magazines -- http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...IGMA_PROMO.pdf -- so it's a pretty good deal.

Man I sound like a shill for this gun or S&W or something...heh.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockinItUp View Post

Cheers

you beat me to it... i had a SW40VE for my first semi-auto, but even after 1000 some rounds the trigger was still long and heavy, the first day i got it i could not even get the bullets on paper at 5 yards, also this is no joke; most of my friends that i let shoot it would give it a squeeze and think there was a safety engaged or something was wrong with it because the trigger was so darn stiff, i also had problems with it jamming, regardless of ammo and my meticulous gun cleaning habits. needless to say i sold it and got a glock 23 that has been 100% reliable and not a single jam yet, plus it has a nice trigger. just my .02

kle
    I've read somewhere that if you can shoot a D/A revolver well you can shoot this gun well, too (in terms of the trigger pull); I've got three revolvers (S&W m617, Taurus 905, H&R Sportsman--relatively heavy D/A triggers) and one other semi-auto (Keltec P11--decently stiff D/A trigger), so my SW9VE was no problem.

It seems that everyone likes pretty much everything about them...except for the triggers =)

I have one. All I can say is "you get what you pay for". I never fire it anymore. Were I to go back in time, I'd have purchased a used handgun that I liked better rather than the SW9VE.

Links